CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #15,226 of 31,833
A new toy from TRN. 1DD. $11
Hmmm... would like to try these for modifications ;P Not that word graphene makes instantly wonders.

Jan 4, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #15,227 of 31,833
dam tried a bunch really nice sounding banned brands recently... including tripe driver DD+BA+ceramic which I really like (sounds similar to already very good Artiste DC1, but even better)
Interestingly, looks like in this combination BA is responsible for mid frequencies while piezoelectric ceramic board covers highs - probably that explains no harshness in highs.

I'm with you. It's an excellent option, with the plus of detachable cable. It, in mi opinion, has dethroned DC1 as the best budget piezoelectric IEM.

Jan 4, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #15,228 of 31,833
I'm with you. It's an excellent option, with the plus of detachable cable. It, in mi opinion, has dethroned DC1 as the best budget piezoelectric IEM.
dam tried a bunch really nice sounding banned brands recently... including tripe driver DD+BA+ceramic which I really like (sounds similar to already very good Artiste DC1, but even better)
Interestingly, looks like in this combination BA is responsible for mid frequencies while piezoelectric ceramic board covers highs - probably that explains no harshness in highs.

I totally agree with it. I own both of them. The banned one really shines with JVC Spiral dot ear tips.

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #15,229 of 31,833
Anyone tried these?: C$ 39.67 42%OFF | NFJ N300 PRO 3 Drive Unit In Ear Earphone Detachable Detach MMCX Cable DJ HIFI Monitor with microphone Headphones Heavy bass https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cD1USvsc

This review (http://underkg.co.kr/user_review/2349557) mentions that they are very bassy and can be a bit sibilant. Seems like typical Chi-Fi but dang do I like the thought of durable MMCX iems at an asking price like that...

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #15,232 of 31,833
On the contrary I find the DC1 pretty nice and capable IEM.

I really enjoy my Artiste DC1. My husband has one too. We both liked it enough to each have our own.

Jan 4, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #15,233 of 31,833

Do you agree with the "20 out of 10" value rating thephonograph.net gave of this banned iem?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #15,234 of 31,833
Do you agree with the "20 out of 10" value rating thephonograph.net gave of this banned iem?

At some point, I don't know what to say, because I think sometimes reviewers tend to use hyperbole. That review got me curious enough to buy them. Are they good? Of course. How much good? Well, depends. I agree that they are extremely balanced, to the point that it's almost impossible to get sibilances. With DC1, depending of the tips, highs can be a bit harsh, although bass is marginally deeper. It's not a night and day difference, but the banned one has a detachable cable and can be bought for less than 20€, while the cheapest price for DC1 now is 33.

20 out of 10 would mean that they are giant killers (> $100, to say something). My Toneking 9tails sound more open and refined, but not enough to justify a >5x price difference. Sub-$50 market is offering really great choices now.

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #15,236 of 31,833
Auglamour F300
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aug...chable-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphones/32966950224.html

9e44865bly1fymlmui92wj20j6cmhhdz.jpg

9e44865bgy1fx9qqu2r1vj20qo0yfn3h.jpg

and
Auglamour RT-3
9e44865bgy1fx9qs9s8s0j20qo0zawke.jpg

Jan 5, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #15,238 of 31,833
On the contrary I find the DC1 pretty nice and capable IEM.

Sounds too artificial to me, there's a big peak between the 4k-7k, sibilance is very prevalent. Have to drop about 6 dB to make them bearable, and even then they sound too metallic, like an old school phone. Also the bass is way too anemic, anything with bass guitars just doesn't sound good. It's not a sensibility too treble cause I can listen for hours to something considered very bright like F9 Pro or ZS6.

Jan 5, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #15,239 of 31,833
At some point, I don't know what to say, because I think sometimes reviewers tend to use hyperbole. That review got me curious enough to buy them. Are they good? Of course. How much good? Well, depends. I agree that they are extremely balanced, to the point that it's almost impossible to get sibilances. With DC1, depending of the tips, highs can be a bit harsh, although bass is marginally deeper. It's not a night and day difference, but the banned one has a detachable cable and can be bought for less than 20€, while the cheapest price for DC1 now is 33.

20 out of 10 would mean that they are giant killers (> $100, to say something). My Toneking 9tails sound more open and refined, but not enough to justify a >5x price difference. Sub-$50 market is offering really great choices now.
**** just sent me the **** today to challenge my DC1, which are my favorite piezo / dynamic driver combo!...Can't wait to check them out! :point_left::wink:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #15,240 of 31,833
I just got the ibasso it01 from amazon and it's paired with my oppo ha-2 and I'm very very impressed!!! Sounds better then what I was expecting is a killer deal for just 100 bucks!!! Highs are very crisp and detailed, mids sound fantastic albeit a little recessed and man this thing has amazing bass!!!!! I mainly listen to 80-2000's Rock, Rap/R&B, and some singer/song writers type crap and my mind is kinda blown honestly. I'm listening to them now and damn they sound good, no matter the volume. I read a few complaints about the build quality I have no complaints, build seems high quality to me, cord is great and connection is very solid. It came with a ton of tips too which is great. Two thumbs up for me :L3000:

Oh snap just realized this is my first post! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back