CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 8, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #10,442 of 31,833
Good! Hope your girlfriend likes it even better than you. :)

She has tiny ears. Medium size tips that have more width than depth don't work for her (tenmark/KZ whirlwind). I think the KZ black tips that are slightly longer and slimmer are better for her, but unfortuantely the bore size is medium. Small spinfits do fit, but I can't comment on the sound she hears. She has ****ed up ears and there aren't many here using Small tips. If anyone has a solution for small eartip users, I'm all ears.

Her go to is the Takstarpro82 headphones that I got her, only to bypass her fit issues. Bass light but can be modified well :beyersmile:

May 8, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #10,443 of 31,833
Is anyone ever happy with what they have? :dt880smile:

Absolutely! I love what I have. When I get something I expect to like it. I don't listen for flaws. I listen to and enjoy my music.

May 8, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #10,444 of 31,833

I was worried as it hadn't been sent out after 10days, but suddenly it was straight at my local post. There are tracking problems with HK it seems.
I have not listened to them yet as much as I wanted as they are for my girlfriend. Will give them a second listen and try EQing when I pinpoint what's going on. So far, I love the subass and the detail, but there's a muffled and hollow thing going on sometimes. Soundstage is nowhere near bad. Bass rumbles and is the defining star so far. Will see if there's a break in like the IT01.

Am currently talking to Penonaudio about the missing mic. They are very responsive and I just sent them the pictures they asked for. I do not have the QC problems another person mentioned (vent hole & logo not aligned R/L)
Waiting for Your feedback.

...and there aren't many here using Small tips. If anyone has a solution for small eartip users, I'm all ears.
I have small ears and use only smallest tips :wink: Depends on nozzle size but don`t JVC spiral dots work for her? I have some others but no link atm (will edit post later).

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #10,445 of 31,833
She has tiny ears. Medium size tips that have more width than depth don't work for her (tenmark/KZ whirlwind). I think the KZ black tips that are slightly longer and slimmer are better for her, but unfortuantely the bore size is medium. Small spinfits do fit, but I can't comment on the sound she hears. She has ****ed up ears and there aren't many here using Small tips. If anyone has a solution for small eartip users, I'm all ears.

Her go to is the Takstarpro82 headphones that I got her, only to bypass her fit issues. Bass light but can be modified well :beyersmile:

I'll send you a bag full of small tips if you pay for shipping!

May 8, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #10,446 of 31,833
Just got my BGVP DS1 in yesterday and they sound...horrible. Going off the impressions here I'm just about positive I got a dud. Bought from the penonaudio seller on eBay. Sounds very muffled, like there's thick cloth covering every instrument and voice. Closed in soundstage. I tried with multiple tips and cables to the same effect. I'm going to return but it says buyer pays return shipping which I assume will be expensive shipping from US to China...It's a shame because the fit is great, small and very comfortable they just don't sound as they should

Sorry to hear about that. Be sure to sign up for free return shipping on Paypal in case this happens again: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Allows you to refund up to $30 in return shipping 12 times a year.

May 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #10,448 of 31,833
Sorry to hear about that. Be sure to sign up for free return shipping on Paypal in case this happens again: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Allows you to refund up to $30 in return shipping 12 times a year.

Wow, never knew about that. I wonder if it works for Gearbest and Aliexpress (since they take PayPal)? Because shipping stuff back to China sucks because of the ridiculous cost.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #10,449 of 31,833
Wow, never knew about that. I wonder if it works for Gearbest and Aliexpress (since they take PayPal)? Because shipping stuff back to China sucks because of the ridiculous cost.

I couldn't find any conditions or exclusions for international shipping so it should be covered for all Paypal purchases...though Aliexpress does charge a little extra if you use Paypal.

It does need to satisfy some basic conditions such as:
  • You must hold a U.S. PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;
  • Items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller or merchant's general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller or merchant's authorized deadline for returns has passed, or the sale was a final sale);

May 8, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #10,450 of 31,833
Is anyone ever happy with what they have? :dt880smile:

I'm happy with what i already have, but quoting from one of my favorite movie:

images (2).jpeg

May 8, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #10,452 of 31,833
May 8, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #10,454 of 31,833
Waiting for Your feedback.

I have small ears and use only smallest tips :wink: Depends on nozzle size but don`t JVC spiral dots work for her? I have some others but no link atm (will edit post later).

JVC spiral dots are overpriced in the EU. I should make the effort though especially since they offer different sizes other than S/m/L if I recall.

I've been listening to the Rose North Forest and it's been rather effortless and very comfortable. I'm no basshead but I appreciate and concentrate on bass, and these guide songs well. Still have a lack of crispness on some tracks compared to the IT01 and KZ ZS5 (EQed). Very easy listening though, tad of detail when needed but this muffled sound sometimes .ARGh. I think EQing these shortcomings could be possible and make these a great tool. SMOOOOOOTH and fit is just easy. They would melt in most ears. Very enjoyable bass. A pity for the lack of removable cables.

Out of memory, I prefer these over then Yensen, Swing IE800 (don't ban me bro) which would be harsh at times and fatiguing. Vivo XE800 with spinfit twinblades have bass and are pretty outstanding btw (another topic).

The KZ ZS5 offers a bigger soundstage which I value the most and therefore use daily in the metro. IT01 has less soundstage, it has an overall coherence that's just so fun yet relaxing and all in all, does sound so much better. I consider the Rose north forest , the IT01's little brother, OOTB. Soundstage is "enjoyable"...very reminiscent of the IT01 as close to the head/ in head due to proper seperation, which people call holographic I assume.

Happy customer. Usually am, as I do my research, but this was a bit of a roll of a dice and I'm not disappointed! Thanks for the heads up. At this price point (20eu), these are new competitors and its bass quality (not volume) would please many.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #10,455 of 31,833
Whether you agree or not, it's not that unreasonable. Look at who manufactures the original items that the banned sellers make copies of, and then look at the Head-Fi sponsor list at the top of the forum.
A Word on DIYs and knockoffs and their benefits for brandnames

The $12.50 DIY ie800 was mentioned recently. It is an earphone that resembles the Sennheiser ie800s at $1000. The DIY is not a knockoff because it never claims to be the Sennheiser.

The $50 KZ ZS6 looks very much like the $1099 Campfire Andromeda. But it not claiming to be the Andromeda.

That's why both the DIY ie800 and the ZS6 are not knockoffs.

Nobody in their right mind who wants the Sennheiser ie800 or the Campfire Andromeda will buy the lookalikes instead. However, people who like handling the lookalikes may consider buying the "real thing". They only reason why I have heard of Campfire is because of reading the ZS6 reviews. I then read the very favourable Campfire reviews.

Therefore, the KZ ZS6 is a great advertisement for the Campfire Andromeda, and it is similar with the ie800s. Their pricing and quality are simply too far apart to be competitors.

If I was Sennheiser or Campfire, I would rub my hands for this free advertisement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back