CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 27, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #7,442 of 31,833
Like the first one\___/ but the raise the mids a little higher and make this smooth
Well, I think I`ll be totally fine with this kind of signature. But like I said, I`ll hear them soon with my own gear to draw conclusion and output some impressions.

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #7,443 of 31,833
Continuing my quest for the best cheap IEM I can recommend to friends and family, today I received the Rock Zircons. This might be my favorite budget IEM yet. Bass and sub bass is even more powerful and better controlled than the more expensive Tennmak Pro, which while nice can at times feel a bit bloated. The frequency response signature while similar to Tennmak Pros, is just a tiny bit brighter in mids and highs than Tennmak's. Mids and highs in particular are also better defined with more resolution. All this while maintaining a laid back veiled quality of Tennmak for non fatiguing long listening sessions.

The best part? The fit is absolutely magical. Zircons are tiny.. they insert and don't stick out at all. This is the only IEM that gives me a full seal with the included SpinFit styled earpads. No need for foam tips in order to get the best sound out of this IEM!

The negatives. The cables are not replaceable. But for a tiny headphone and this budget this is more than acceptable. Will have to see how these holdup to day to day abuse. But my expectations have been well surpassed with this IEM. It is possible to get pneumatic pressure in ears when fitting these with silicone tips. So some trial and error when inserting them is required.

edit: At lower levels micro-phonics can be an issue.. because this earphone's cables aren't meant to go over the ear. So as the cables go straight down they can rub against your cloths and create micro-phonics. You could still put them in your ear in the way that it goes over the ear but I found the cable not wanting to stay in the ear even if I routed it that way. So this is a potential annoyance with Rock Zircon's. Over say the very comfortable and secure Tennmak Pro.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #7,444 of 31,833
Hi, somebady knows

PLEXTORE
@nicolanico Like the two veterans that have already answered you, I would recommend the CM5 as well.

Both are warm and fun. However, CM5 will reach deeper and sound clearer compared to the ZS3. I am not sure if there is still a promotion for it on Amazon where you can get it for lesser than 11.99.

Maybe @Slater can advise if there is still a bargain for it?

ok thx (also if in late) 4 answer

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #7,446 of 31,833
Yup. As great and clear the king was, it sounded compressed compared to the king pro

I'm glad you like your king pro too.

I didn't want to purchase them at first because i thought it will not be too much improvement to the king. Then my local audio forum had a basically brand new 3 days out of the box king pro for auction, so i figured might as well try it.

I won the auction, and really happy with it
I didn't have the king was using my love II, then when I first heard the king pro it was what I wanted out from an IEM.....isolation still isnt the best..

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #7,447 of 31,833
I didn't have the king was using my love II, then when I first heard the king pro it was what I wanted out from an IEM.....isolation still isnt the best..

Have you tried etymotics? That is the best of you want isolation

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #7,448 of 31,833
Have you tried etymotics? That is the best of you want isolation
yup I also have an ER4XR it's nice and flat sounding and all but in terms of engaging not so much.. I have a MD+ on the way let's see how that fairs up since it's based on deep insertion..

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #7,449 of 31,833
Killer deal at Costco in Western Canada: the great AKGy50bt on sale for $79.99 [tagged C50bt for Canada]. I saw them for $229 before.

Review:
https://www.whathifi.com/akg/y50bt/review

IMG_6071.JPG

Feb 28, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #7,450 of 31,833
So, I've had the Tinaudio T2 and iBasso IT01 for awhile now but, I feel like I'm not hearing the best out of these just plugging it in to my iphone and macbook pro. Are there any good dac/amp that will give these a good umph I've been looking for? Whenever I plug it into my Denon receiver these iems sound amazing. I've been looking at the FiiO Q1 MKII. Any suggestions for below $100?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #7,451 of 31,833
So, I've had the Tinaudio T2 and iBasso IT01 for awhile now but, I feel like I'm not hearing the best out of these just plugging it in to my iphone and macbook pro. Are there any good dac/amp that will give these a good umph I've been looking for? Whenever I plug it into my Denon receiver these iems sound amazing. I've been looking at the FiiO Q1 MKII. Any suggestions?
I use the audioquest dragonfly black amp/dac. Works well with both Macbook and iPhone. For the Macbook, I also use the Schiit Fulla (which sounds better but does not work with the phone), both combined with the audioquest jitterbug.

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #7,453 of 31,833
So, I've had the Tinaudio T2 and iBasso IT01 for awhile now but, I feel like I'm not hearing the best out of these just plugging it in to my iphone and macbook pro. Are there any good dac/amp that will give these a good umph I've been looking for? Whenever I plug it into my Denon receiver these iems sound amazing. I've been looking at the FiiO Q1 MKII. Any suggestions for below $100?

I have TinAudio T2 , most of my DAPs are paired with Topping Amps, the NX3 is especially good

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #7,454 of 31,833
yup I also have an ER4XR it's nice and flat sounding and all but in terms of engaging not so much.. I have a MD+ on the way let's see how that fairs up since it's based on deep insertion..

Sorry i didn't read your gear profile before asking :ksc75smile:
True, the ER4XR might be a bit too polite on some occasions. The only way to bring it alive is to crank it up

On a side note, how do you find the king pro compared to the vsonic GR07 classic?

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #7,455 of 31,833
Sorry i didn't read your gear profile before asking :ksc75smile:
True, the ER4XR might be a bit too polite on some occasions. The only way to bring it alive is to crank it up

On a side note, how do you find the king pro compared to the vsonic GR07 classic?
ER4XR is quite polite, on low/moderate volume it can get boring...

King Pro and Gr07? Based on memory now, my vsonic is with a local cabler to have it frankensteined. GR07 have the technicality in the sound sig, but doesn't have a good stage, separation, and air as compare to king pro. It's also bit gritty sounding as compared to king pro. King Pro is smooth and technical. Build and cable also not as par (very far away from king pro).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back