CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 28, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #7,456 of 31,834
ER4XR is quite polite, on low/moderate volume it can get boring...

King Pro and Gr07? Based on memory now, my vsonic is with a local cabler to have it frankensteined. GR07 have the technicality in the sound sig, but doesn't have a good stage, separation, and air as compare to king pro. It's also bit gritty sounding as compared to king pro. King Pro is smooth and technical. Build and cable also not as par (very far away from king pro).

Nice! i'll skip it then. Thanks!

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #7,457 of 31,834
Yes, I own both, and dislike both, for different reasons. First, about my tastes and source. I mostly use my phone for listening, a Nexus 6p running Ainur Sauron and Neutron music player. I also sometimes use a FIIO Q1 with my laptop, an Asus Zenbook UX303.

The Tin audios would be fantastic, except for the 3db peak in the 500-800hz range, right above tuning A440... This really disrupts what are otherwise great mids. Only a couple of people have commented on this, but it is annoying if you are used to listening to live classical music and then compare it to the T2. If you listen to rock, EDM, jazz, etc., then it will probably not bother you. This may be a bit source dependent as well. Using my laptop and FIIO Q1, this is a little less noticible.

Normally, I would not quote my own post, but I need to apologize. I spent a lot more time yesterday listening to the Tin Audios with my FIIO Q1 and my laptop. While I can still hear the low midrange peak on classical music, it is MUCH less noticeable in this configuration than with my phone alone. I can definitely hear why people like it so much, as it sounds really really good, especially on non-classical music. It is probably a question of impedance matching with my phone.

At any rate, I can recommend the T2 as well as the combination with the FIIO Q1. You might be better off with the Audioquest Dragonfly or Topping NX2 or NX3, that is up to you. I looked at both of those before settling on the FIIO for myself.

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #7,459 of 31,834
Well if somebody have q1 mk2 by fiio, and a tin audio t2....do yourself a favour and get a balanced cable. Ohhh damm, it sounds so aero(well took airy sound to next level)....the dynamic airyness on this thing is like u18tzar(well u18 are way faster and textured on air too)

Sorry dude, think you are confusing the fact that balanced pumps more power into them. When I ran the T2 balanced and volume matched on the Walnut f1 and the Fiio Q1, I get no difference in dynamics.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #7,460 of 31,834
Well if somebody have q1 mk2 by fiio, and a tin audio t2....do yourself a favour and get a balanced cable. Ohhh damm, it sounds so aero(well took airy sound to next level)....the dynamic airyness on this thing is like u18tzar(well u18 are way faster and textured on air too)
My Q1 is not a mark 2, so I will not be trying this...

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #7,462 of 31,834
I would like more opinions on the new VE Monks Biggie and Smalls. Anyone who owns these products could give their honest opinions if it is worth the full package for $ 60. Thank you.

More isn`t always better and they haven`t received much good word imo. I would rather take TinAudio T2 for that money.

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #7,463 of 31,834
EZ ASK, Impressions

I always start my impressions saying that i am no expert in sound. However i would like to share my impressions on the EZ ASK that i received. As i have no intend or knowledge to do some kind of review. And i was kind of low in expetation of this as the hype didn't last too long and the IEM having some QC mismatches as reported by some users. However... I have to say that these iem's are so far of dissapointing me, giving the low expectations, these impressed me. And made me wonder how the latest praised iem'ssound!
They sound on par or better than anything i've heard. So, all i can do, is tell how good these sound giving some words on my experience with them in very small words.
IMG_20180228_103106.jpg IMG_20180228_103209.jpg IMG_20180228_111824.jpg IMG_20180228_103127.jpg

At first. I plugged them into my phone. And played a rap sond, REJJIE SNOW - ACID TRIP, the muic started with a good amount of bass presence, like a v-shaped iem, and the sound continue with a good strong overall presence, as the vocals was't really recessed and the details was present, so far, they seem very easy to drive, now, the most important thing. I was passing trought the tracks, and went into the music, i was already enjoying them, these iem's are full of energy, FADED BLUE by D.A wallach(listen to it, he is like a young elton jhon), sounded strong, loud and joyfull. A memt x5 was resting on the table, and i put them in to do a A/B and imediately the sound perceived was more congested, warm, bassy, and lacking energy, altought with details and anything actually Wrong. The EZ ask, on the other side, offered a more open stage, airiness and clarity to the music, with a good amount of bass. And then... i was relaxed, seeing that these are very good iems.

They are quite big, i had no problem in plugging the cable, and the shells seems to be well attached. IF, they don't fell of and the cable doesn't show any problem. I could say, for only my personal experience, that these are well built. In a KZ level, for exemple. Good plastic, etc. They aren't particularly bealtiful but they stay well over ear and seal the sound. The medium tips have enough isolation for me. Good for commuting. Keep in mind that these are big and maybe don't fit well if you have really small ears.

So after that. I took my two availble hybrids, the KZ ZST with foam mod by Slater, and the E-MI CI880. At first when i hadn't done a A/B test i tought by memory that maybe these sounded just like my ZST modded, by the strong bass presence and good details. And... Well after the A/B, they aren't. While in, bass presence, stage, and imaging the two are similar. Happens that the same time they sound different. And i prefer the EZ ASK. Important to note that for me, the foam mod by slater already improved the sound on ZST, taking of a little of sibilance and teble energy that did'nt added to the clarity of the sound. I had a hard time triyng to discover how to describe the difference, and i think that the tonality, and timbre of the EZ are more natural. The mids and highs offer a little more of air. At the same time ZST have a good - or better - separation, but the EZ ask make it sound more natural. I face soundstage not as a technical point, but as a ability of the iem do the music flow by your ears, that said, the EZ can offer this just as ZST. After that i did an A/B with the E-MI ci880. And perceived that while the super detailed high-end of e-mi is a no match for the EZ, the ez is closer to the mid-high end of E-MI than it is to the ZST. The mids of EZ are less recessed, and the timbre are better. I tryed to read all of this doind a A/B listening to DECKS DARK, by radiohead. Comparing EZ ask to the e-mi are harder as they are quite different. The EZ ask have much more bass, giving more body to the sound and changing how you perceive the sound field. Vocals and details, it's all better in the e-mi, but the EZ ask sound fun, full and while does'nt bringinf any kind of darckness to the sound. Decks dark have a crescendo, and at a specific point. A specific guitar, in zst could sound more "annoying", like "invasive", compared to the other two. that sounded more natural, gentle.

So, i paied 18$ for these, and so far, it's a very good value. That's the way i found to talk about these iem's without compromising me with my the lack of knowledge. It's just my sincere impressions. I wrote quite a bit, but i love writing anyway, and it's a good exercise of my english. Thank you for reading.

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #7,468 of 31,834
NICEHCK BRO or **** UEs? I find them for the same price U$22, I accept other recommendations if you have
I know Nicehck Bro is just a rebrand of the BGVP SGZ-DN1.. pretty sure **** UE is too.. they look the same to me. They are a bit large if you have small ears. But I really enjoyed them with foam tips. Very natural sounding with decent detail and overall sound quality. One of my favorite IEMs under $50.

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #7,469 of 31,834
I know Nicehck Bro is just a rebrand of the BGVP SGZ-DN1.. pretty sure **** UE is too.. they look the same to me. They are a bit large if you have small ears. But I really enjoyed them with foam tips. Very natural sounding with decent detail and overall sound quality. One of my favorite IEMs under $50.
Yeah they look the same, but in some reviews some people say that the BGVP is better, or the UEs is pretty good..

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #7,470 of 31,834
Yeah they look the same, but in some reviews some people say that the BGVP is better, or the UEs is pretty good..

I’m not sure about the UE, but since the NiceHCK Bro, BGVP, and “Pro” from a banned seller are all the same you’re going to have a difficult time finding people that own them all (because of the redundancy).

My personal feelings about audiobudget aside, I do know that Igor owns all 3, and has his reviews up on audiobudget if you want to read up on them. According to him they all 3 sound the same. So if the **** UE is indeed just another rebrand of the BGVP, I have no reason to believe it would sound any different than the other 3 rebrands.

Now, I will mention that each of the rebrands includes slightly different ear tips. I’d be willing to bet that is the reason why someone would notice the sound of 1 of rebrands is slightly “better” or “worse” than one of the others.

In any event I own one of the models myself (the one from the banned seller), and I can say it’s quite a capable IEM and a good value for the price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back