CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 27, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #7,426 of 31,833
@chinmie king pro is way better than any IEM in this league.
Well its is better than it01 due to its naturalism and bigger and blacker stage. Image is precise.
Well it01 is a fast, v shape IEM compared to king....so bass will be disjointed for you....for some guys, this can add to soundstage(holography).......but king is still bigger
And please use it with DAC phones or DAP, amps
How many hours has Your IT01 been played? Some report that IT01 turns more balanced and rather L or U shaped signature after about 200h playtime and difference is noticeable compared to new one.
Of course, end result also depends of gear matchup and can vary between users. What is Your source gear (best match in Your collection?) with IT01?

I also considered King Pro but price vs. performance I think IT01 beats it with crazy good quality cable (if one doesn`t have great cable) and has better shell design to fit most ppl.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #7,430 of 31,833
I've read 3 reviews of the t2 on this forum, but they were all with the open vent. How do they sound with the modded vent? Do they become too boomy, or do they incidentally increase treble harshness too?

Feb 27, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #7,431 of 31,833
Any who has both **** XBA 6in1 and Tin AudioT2? I have the 6in1 and keen on the T2 - do you think I would see a noticeable difference in the T2 when compared with the 6in1?

Yes, I own both, and dislike both, for different reasons. First, about my tastes and source. I mostly use my phone for listening, a Nexus 6p running Ainur Sauron and Neutron music player. I also sometimes use a FIIO Q1 with my laptop, an Asus Zenbook UX303.

The Tin audios would be fantastic, except for the 3db peak in the 500-800hz range, right above tuning A440... This really disrupts what are otherwise great mids. Only a couple of people have commented on this, but it is annoying if you are used to listening to live classical music and then compare it to the T2. If you listen to rock, EDM, jazz, etc., then it will probably not bother you. This may be a bit source dependent as well. Using my laptop and FIIO Q1, this is a little less noticible.

The Senfers high end is still too sizzly for me, and I love the KZ ZS6! Maybe I have a bad pair or something, but no tips have tamed this for me. This does not change when I use my laptop and FIIO Q1.

Both of these iems are built well, and I really want to endorse them, given the hype around here. I just can't, at least until I find a way to tame the problem.

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #7,432 of 31,833
Reason 6:doesn't sound compressed(not noticeable in beginning)

Yup. As great and clear the king was, it sounded compressed compared to the king pro

king pro ftw. the only regret is not getting it earlier, worth every penny.

I'm glad you like your king pro too.

I didn't want to purchase them at first because i thought it will not be too much improvement to the king. Then my local audio forum had a basically brand new 3 days out of the box king pro for auction, so i figured might as well try it.

I won the auction, and really happy with it

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #7,433 of 31,833
My friend it01 is 3months old..... Burned straight for 3days continuous when it was new
And still You find them clear V-shape? What was/is Your source gear matching with them?

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #7,434 of 31,833
How would you guys rank King Pro against western counterparts? Like if you compared King Pro to ER3XR?

I have the pro and the ER4XR
The pro is easier to put on (fits like a glove).
Both are special.
The ER4XR have a unique soundstage : it puts you right in the center of the stage with the player around you, and it is an intimate experience like no other. The king pro puts you in the VIP seat right in front of the stage

Both have balanced and clarity-rich sound. The king pro have more slam/attack and more sparkle on the treble. The ER4XR have a more natural presentation.

I love both of them

Feb 27, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #7,435 of 31,833
The Tin audios would be fantastic, except for the 3db peak in the 500-800hz range, right above tuning A440... This really disrupts what are otherwise great mids.

Try putting thin earbuds foam on the nozzle. To me it helps tune down the splashy treble on the T2, giving it slightly warmer sound

Feb 27, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #7,437 of 31,833
@CoiL it is neutral V shape.....neutral v shape
Thanks for clarification. I was afraid for a moment getting another typical V-shaped IEM ...luckily it is mild V-shape or L/U-shape from I`ve been reading and it suits me well.
I`m not fan of dead-neutral "dull&dry" emotionless sound, neither typical consumer V-shape sound. IT01 technicalities, SQ and signature should fit my preferences quite spot-on but we`ll see(hear) soon :wink:

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #7,439 of 31,833
@CoiL its not U shape(u shape have focus on sub bass and high treble otherwise neutral, they are cliff sorta)

V shape is like valley( generous mid bass and upper mids extension)

So a neutral v shape is like valley is raised so it doesn't look like a valley anymore

\__/ this maybe? Or might be a W shaped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back