CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 25, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #7,367 of 31,833
Feb 25, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #7,368 of 31,833
Feb 25, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #7,369 of 31,833
Well well....that a hell of a deal this Monk IEM bundle that include 1x ie biggie 1xie small+ 3x 2pin cable (balanced as well) + Espresso earbuds+ trrsto trs 2.5 & 3.5 adaptor + a case....and all that for 60$ on ALI right now.
Hum, thats like more than tempting really.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...513.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.abfe7f077giyKb

Did it worth it in term of sound value?
Cause it sure is in term of material lol
I thought that was pretty much what the deal always was when it was available. I know it had the earbuds and quite a few tips. Perhaps the 2 adapter cables is new.

As far as sound. I've seen extreme from better than sex to its just a huge cult of people just spitting out what the leader says because that's the only reason anyone would say anything other than their awful. So takes your chances if you've got $60 to blow.

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #7,370 of 31,833
Does anyone here have any experience with MEE Audio M6 PRO? They're supposedly really good for analytical listening.
http://s.aliexpress.com/3memqYve?
They're OK. I have a pair I've not listened to in months. But for the same amount or less there are plenty of other options mentioned in this thread.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #7,372 of 31,833
They're OK. I have a pair I've not listened to in months. But for the same amount or less there are plenty of other options mentioned in this thread.
Tin Audio T2? Yersen? What I'd like to get is something really, well, analytical.

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #7,373 of 31,833
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #7,374 of 31,833
Why go for dynamics or my word....single driver
Coherency......it won't hurt you on longer runs and will always sound fantastic.
Hybrid sounds fancy but needs a lot of engineering and engineering is not cheap.
100% agree - coherency is everything! And to find great match with source gear is like reaching into heaven ;P
you'll dig it, ms. wilson. where the it01 approximates the megabuck iems is in presenting a very large, holographic soundstage without the juiced-up artificiality of some of its peers. i also like that it opted for a fun, u-shaped tuning rather than the the more "audiophile" balanced (i.e. duller) approach. plus, of critical importance to me these work great with just a mobile and isolate very well. comfort and build aren't class-leading but good.
It01 soundscape or 3d ness is perfect.
Soundstage is perfect round and vocals are sweet romantic with nice breath extension....not over breathy but nice....
It01 resolute naturally and not super resolutes...timbres are perfect and cymbal hit exact.

Well biggest factor is overall coherency...
Most of guys should know coherency and why I emphasise on this word.
Coherency is like cloth......perfect coherency is flat cloth.
Coherency mismatch is like sewing..
Off phase is like tatters of cloth
Thanks for juicing-up my hard-on about receiving my IT01 ! ;P Oh the painful waiting...

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #7,376 of 31,833
Hi, I'd like to buy an earphones 4 sport, walking and every day use and I was uncertain between KZ ZS3 and UIISII CM5, can u tell me how are the sound's differences between ZS3 and CM5? I prefer earphones with warm and fun sound, and I like bassy sound, music is rock and electronic. Thanks

Between those 2, the CM5 all the way.

Be sure to do some tip rolling for best sound. They are quite responsive to tip changes. A lot of people swear by the KZ Starline tips (myself included), but YMMV.

Absolutely. I don't still have my ZS3 because it was uncomfortable for me. Sounded good but CM5 sounds better.

@nicolanico Like the two veterans that have already answered you, I would recommend the CM5 as well.

Both are warm and fun. However, CM5 will reach deeper and sound clearer compared to the ZS3. I am not sure if there is still a promotion for it on Amazon where you can get it for lesser than 11.99.

Maybe @Slater can advise if there is still a bargain for it?

Feb 26, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #7,378 of 31,833
Well well....that a hell of a deal this Monk IEM bundle that include 1x ie biggie 1xie small+ 3x 2pin cable (balanced as well) + Espresso earbuds+ trrsto trs 2.5 & 3.5 adaptor + a case....and all that for 60$ on ALI right now.
Hum, thats like more than tempting really.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...513.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.abfe7f077giyKb

Did it worth it in term of sound value?
Cause it sure is in term of material lol

Have this combo. Published my review on these IEMs as well. IMO these can be skipped - My $5 KZ ATR has much better sound stage and coherence. $60 can get much better IEMs now - **** XBA 6 in 1, Urbanfun Hifi and Yersen FEN2000 can all be purchased together for under $80, along with a UiiSii HM7.

Need to sell them, preferrably to someone from India (ease of shipping for me)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #7,379 of 31,833
Well India is too expensive for me.....in US....Lol....recently shifted.

Well BGVP DS1 actually killed whizzer Haydn and it01...it sounds like a vivid ocharaku flat 4 kaede....

I mean vivid means like it has some sparkly treble to give excitement. Ocharaku sounds like ultimate mids.

Well IEM produces comb effect inside ears and at 5-7khz and 11-13khz.

Try lowering these frequency on equaliser according to taste.

It is between these ranged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back