CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 26, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #7,382 of 31,833
@CoiL

Bro....I want you to make a tuning for iBasso it01 if you can and give us some impression....like you did with ate and other cheapo.

Just don't change the design as the design parameter is perfect. Just change plastic back with wood to check the resonance handling..if wood can boost the mids, then its good.

Or let it be plastic....add a foaming like what we do in headphones.

Well I was thinking of many ideas.......but don't have good skills plus facing bankruptcy(I was a rich guy......now a poor beggar)

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #7,383 of 31,833
@nicolanico Like the two veterans that have already answered you, I would recommend the CM5 as well.

Both are warm and fun. However, CM5 will reach deeper and sound clearer compared to the ZS3. I am not sure if there is still a promotion for it on Amazon where you can get it for lesser than 11.99.

Maybe @Slater can advise if there is still a bargain for it?

That $3 off sale is expired, but even at $11.99 they are a bargain. When the CM5 1st came out, they were double the price ($20-$24).

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #7,384 of 31,833
@CoiL

Bro....I want you to make a tuning for iBasso it01 if you can and give us some impression....like you did with ate and other cheapo.

Just don't change the design as the design parameter is perfect. Just change plastic back with wood to check the resonance handling..if wood can boost the mids, then its good.

Or let it be plastic....add a foaming like what we do in headphones.

Well I was thinking of many ideas.......but don't have good skills plus facing bankruptcy(I was a rich guy......now a poor beggar)

Will do, if I receive them someday soon... I think that`s the plan I`m going for and already have wood pieces ready for working :wink:
I wonder how they sound with open back though, I`m sucker for huge soundstage with good mids and "punchy-crunchy" detailed bass.

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #7,385 of 31,833
That $3 off sale is expired, but even at $11.99 they are a bargain. When the CM5 1st came out, they were double the price ($20-$24).

Actually they are +20 in every place. Only that seller in Amazon has them for 11$, i Wonder How and why. Actually i've saw cm5 for around 30$ on aliexpress and gearbest. That Amazon price is a steal. I Wonder at what price they Go in China. I bet that's over 11$.

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #7,386 of 31,833
Actually they are +20 in every place. Only that seller in Amazon has them for 11$, i Wonder How and why. Actually i've saw cm5 for around 30$ on aliexpress and gearbest. That Amazon price is a steal. I Wonder at what price they Go in China. I bet that's over 11$.

When I got my CM5 in August I was happy with the lightning deal that I got for £16.59. Now the normal sale price for my red ones is £13.99. Retail is listed as £25.99. Amazon UK prices are usually more than Amazon.com because of VAT. I noticed that price on Ali... that is the retail price. When I bought mine they were not on ali yet. It was purely an impulse buy on my part because I saw the lightning deal and was curious about them.

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #7,387 of 31,833
When I got my CM5 in August I was happy with the lightning deal that I got for £16.59. Now the normal sale price for my red ones is £13.99. Retail is listed as £25.99. Amazon UK prices are usually more than Amazon.com because of VAT. I noticed that price on Ali... that is the retail price. When I bought mine they were not on ali yet. It was purely an impulse buy on my part because I saw the lightning deal and was curious about them.

Just looked in taobao and in uissi store they sell for the equivalent of 18$. That seller in Amazon us have some agressive strategy. I doubt that he manages to have any real profit, unless that the distribuition of the iem gives a huuge amount of Margin

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #7,388 of 31,833
Have this combo. Published my review on these IEMs as well. IMO these can be skipped - My $5 KZ ATR has much better sound stage and coherence. $60 can get much better IEMs now - **** XBA 6 in 1, Urbanfun Hifi and Yersen FEN2000 can all be purchased together for under $80, along with a UiiSii HM7.

Need to sell them, preferrably to someone from India (ease of shipping for me)

OKAY!
Well, thanks cause I will NOT order them then....have read mitiged impressions about them and reading feedback on VE (Lee) facebook page isn't trustable, there too much fanatic people there so its like a Monk clan promoting plateform where you can't say anything negative about Monk products....wich is kind of annoying really.
It still is a nice package and surely the best moment to try them cause you got 2 IEM and 1 earbuds....but I don't like to collect gear that take dust so, yeah, FEN2000 sure look more intriguing....CM5....IT01....too. Might try DS1 tough. Don't know. I'm out of money so will see next month.

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #7,389 of 31,833
I thought that was pretty much what the deal always was when it was available. I know it had the earbuds and quite a few tips. Perhaps the 2 adapter cables is new.

As far as sound. I've seen extreme from better than sex to its just a huge cult of people just spitting out what the leader says because that's the only reason anyone would say anything other than their awful. So takes your chances if you've got $60 to blow.

Yeah, its a sect I know....all impressions to take with a BIG grain of salt for sure.
200w.gif

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #7,390 of 31,833
The ZSR is the same as DN1 and Bro? Anyone have compare them to verify?

Agreed on the silly name...they should have reversed the name. Nicehck Orb has a better ring to it
I compare both, exact same, they just erase some part of the B of Bro to change it for a P for Pro. ahah
And, as the seller is banned, we cannot share bout YY products, I get warned about this so yeah, do not want this thread to became suspect cause ot this YY products....

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #7,391 of 31,833
Just wanted to chime in, as a recent IT01 owner. Fantastic IEM. Super efficient. A touch too bright in the treble region but man is it smooth and coherent. Even better, with a FiiO balanced cable, the performance is improved when plugged into my N5ii DAP. Can't say enough nice things about them, especially for the price.

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #7,392 of 31,833
@nicolanico Like the two veterans that have already answered you, I would recommend the CM5 as well.

Both are warm and fun. However, CM5 will reach deeper and sound clearer compared to the ZS3. I am not sure if there is still a promotion for it on Amazon where you can get it for lesser than 11.99.

Maybe @Slater can advise if there is still a bargain for it?

How are they compare to the urbanfun hybrid hi-fi? Was looking for a good cheap iem for the gym.

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #7,394 of 31,833
As I continue my quest to try out some of the most popular Chi-Fi favorites I just got the UiiSii CM5s. With just the silicone tips (per usual silicon tips don't give me the best seal, (my ear is weird I need foam tips to get a good seal with most IEMs).. my seal with silicone on CM5 is about 80%).. even still they sound very good, punching above their weight. Neutral sounding headphone. Vocals and highs could perhaps use a bit more clarity, but overall it's a pleasant sounding headphone. Also so far the most impressive accessories package. For $12 I paid you get tons of goodies. For an IEM they require quite a bit of juice to drive properly, I am driving them with my Schiit stack (on low gain), but compared to Tennmak Pros which I had on previously I had to up the volume quite a bit just to match Tennmaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back