CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 11, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #5,926 of 31,833
The ZSR coupon still works for me

Should I snatch it up? Has anyone received one yet?

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #5,927 of 31,833
Finally got my T2 the other day, and after enjoying them for a couple of days I'm here to add my 2 cents to the pot.

TL;DR:
I like them. They're everything people said they would be (the good). So far I've been unable to confirm the bad.

They seem to handle everything I throw at them very nicely, from jazzy tunes, funky tunes, funky-jazzy tunes, post-rock, prog rock, acoustic, metal of all kinds, post-metal... not a song sounded bad with them, though they really shine with well-produced and mastered music. I've tried them on my Nokia 5 phone with and without the FiiO A1 portable amp - sounds about the same too me, but that wasn't really a critical listening session, so... at home the source is a FiiO E10K DAC/amp and this is where I like them the most. Files were either 320kbps mp3 or FLAC.

Some of the tracks I tested it with:

Electro Deluxe - Devil - nu-jazz, funk
Ivan Bonačić - Raven's Dilemma - jazz
Daniel Cavangh - The Exorcist - prog rock
The Pineapple Thief - In Exile - prog rock
Halma - Deep White - slowcore post-rock
Cosmograf - The Man Left in Space - prog-rock
Leprous - Illuminate - prog metal
Retrospective - End of Winter Lethargy - prog metal
Omega Massif - Unter Null - post-metal
Beastwars - Witches - sludge/stoner metal
Nami - Ariadna - prog-jazz-melodeath

They are smooth, neutral indeed, a tad on the bright side, but not sibilant. I think I really dig this sound signature. I didn't find them lacking in bass as some mentioned. Even in stock condition, the bass i enough for me.I thought I'd be missing it, since the PMV is definitely bassier, and my second favorite IEM after it is the KZ ATE-S which is also on the bassy side. But no, the T2 is simply right. The signature is very non-fatiguing, something I really appreciate. It reminds me of my ATH-M30 (the original, not the M##x variant), which is my favorite full-sized headphone that I currently own and absolutely adore.

Loving them in stock version, but I have bookmarked dhruvmeena96's micropore tape mod + recommendation for using SpinFit Twinblade tips for trying it out later down the road. His promises of sound improvements are very enticing, indeed and since every change made is reversible... can't hurt to try, right?

Finally, are the T2 worth the investment? Definitely.

HOWEVER...

I'm coming from the PMV A01 mk. II which I was completely satisfied with. Still am. The T2 was a treat yo'self Christmas gift to myself, when I had some money to spare. Somebody mentioned side-grading, I think, a few pages back in this thread... and well, as much as I love the T2, I can't call it anything else than a side-grade to the PMV A01. In other words, one $50 IEM is enough. You don't need 2 or 3 or 4, your experience will not be that different from model to model, provided that you get one whose sound signature suits you, of course. And serially buying budget IEMs is not that cheap, either. Get either a the PMV A01, or the T2, or the Z5000, or some XY model - but you don't need them all. Well, at least I don't :)

Or get this:
P1110762.JPG

No, just joking, that isnt good earbuds (buy it 1$ in a thriftstore yesterday with LOT of hope) and you talk about IEM. But, I buy too the PMV A01 MK2 and really like them, out of 50 pairs of IEM I own, there less than 10 that I use weekly, still, its EPICURISM for some, will you always drink the same beer or wine? Some can drink budweiser for life, other will always search for new favor: i'm from this batch of people (write review on rateabeer too LOL)....but, yeah, thats surely a maniacal habbit, I buy used clothes to have more money for IEM. But I really don't think the perfect all-in-one soundsignature IEM, earbuds or headphones exist, and think I need a different pair for every music style I listen too, goosebumps included. Metal, rock, post-rock and any instrumental guitar based music can deal with one good iem, its true, but if you listen to classical, including solo of piano, harp, harpsichord, cello, quartet, symphony, and jazz trio, quartet, octet, and electronic, and ambient, and choral, and folk, and old vinyl jazz and even rap, indie, perhaps some obscur pop and so and so....well, good luck to have just one IEM that will make you close your eyes for all this 2000 albums you listen every year...I guess i'm polygamous when it come to IEM loving, it take so little space in pocket, you can fit lot of them in there hehe

Nice impressions of T2 by the way, very like how I hear them, still find it lack a little bass, will surely try some gentle modding too....

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #5,928 of 31,833
It appears that ZS5v1 is the best KZ has made so far (according to what people are saying) and they even quietly revised that one...

...KZ is one of the most overrated IEM companies
The ZS5 are probably their technically best earphones. The company may be overrated with respect to their current multi driver models, but they certainly produced some very reasonably priced gems in the past: HSD1, HDS3, EDR2, ATR...

Sennheiser are possibly the most competent headphone company out there. But they simply have too many models.

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #5,930 of 31,833
Sadly, i kind of disliking the KZ ZS6 even after the mods, While I like its clarify and its bass, the treble was so sharp and piercing I had headaches after wearing for an hour. I wasnt particularly enjoying the over ear design. Hope Z5000 will be better!

This +1.

Also, to my ears, they roll of high frequencies.

I also gave an order of Z5000 and a silver 4-core cable. Let's wait!

I chose below sellers ($55.65 total):
Z5000: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ass-Earphone-Headset-Earplug/32821515017.html
Cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...-Upgrade-Line-Headphone-Wire/32794136504.html
Foams (just in case - 5mm): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pa...am-Ear-Tips-Ear-Foam-Eartips/32839124389.html

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #5,931 of 31,833
Look like the ZSR code should work for 500pcs now. If your in a hurry.

If anybody try it and it work please confirm!

Or if you wait 3 days....
Capture d’écran (76).png

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #5,932 of 31,833
After reading the positive reviews (5/5 on Audiobudget, for example) on the LKER i8, I decided to give 'em a shot and bought a pair off Ebay. Not that I need yet another IEM, because I have so many lying around the house I keep bumping into in ear monitors I forgot I even had. Vsonics, Hifimans, Brainwavz, Shure, Xiaomi, Sennheiser, Westone... Most have been a total waste of money, but hey. Whatever. :p I enjoy my Vsonic GR07 most.

100-New-Original-lker-I8-In-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Voice-Coil-Metal-Headphone-lker-I8-HiFi.jpg

So, the LKER i8. In short; there is value there but it's definitely nothing spectacular. Presentation is solid, with a nice carrying case and overall packaging. I like the small form factor and finish of the hardware itself. Cable is a bit thin and microphonic, but nothing too horrible.

Sound: warm, confined soundstage, not much sparkle, lots of mid-bass, pronounced mids that nevertheless feel a bit lacking in resolution compared to something like my GR07. Not terrible for $40, but I prefer brighter IEMs, and resolution and sparkle over bass thump and warmth. All subjective ofcourse. If anything, they remind me A LITTLE of something like a Xiaomi Piston V2, but with less of a V-curve and more mids. Pretty good for electronic music, because the bass can be a lot of fun but I didn't like them at all for my prefered genre, which is metal. They can't deliver the crunch, resolution and treble detail to render electric guitars vividly, instead they smooth everything over in a thick and warm blanket of mids. :p

The latest hypetrain I got on was the KZ ZS5, which I prefer over these. The KZ ZS5 has better imaging, a wider and more immersive soundstage and more treble sparkle, giving the illusion of more resolution and detail.

It's peculiar though, I don't "hear" these in-ears at all how the Audiobudget review describes them. I guess it's all about what you can compare them with. For example, If you've never heard an Etymotic or RE0, I guess your definition of "bright" is very different from mine.

Oh well. :\

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #5,933 of 31,833
This +1.

Also, to my ears, they roll of high frequencies.

I also gave an order of Z5000 and a silver 4-core cable. Let's wait!

I chose below sellers ($55.65 total):
Z5000: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ass-Earphone-Headset-Earplug/32821515017.html
Cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...-Upgrade-Line-Headphone-Wire/32794136504.html
Foams (just in case - 5mm): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pa...am-Ear-Tips-Ear-Foam-Eartips/32839124389.html

+1000 for the Z5000

Nymphonomaniac did not lie to us, they are fabulous. My only regret is not to have known them earlier, I would have saved money

Jan 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #5,934 of 31,833
After reading the positive reviews (5/5 on Audiobudget, for example) on the LKER i8, I decided to give 'em a shot and bought a pair off Ebay. Not that I need yet another IEM, because I have so many lying around the house I keep bumping into in ear monitors I forgot I even had. Vsonics, Hifimans, Brainwavz, Shure, Xiaomi, Sennheiser, Westone... Most have been a total waste of money, but hey. Whatever. :p I enjoy my Vsonic GR07 most.

So, the LKER i8. In short; there is value there but it's definitely nothing spectacular. Presentation is solid, with a nice carrying case and overall packaging. I like the small form factor and finish of the hardware itself. Cable is a bit thin and microphonic, but nothing too horrible.

Sound: warm, confined soundstage, not much sparkle, lots of mid-bass, pronounced mids that nevertheless feel a bit lacking in resolution compared to something like my GR07. Not terrible for $40, but I prefer brighter IEMs, and resolution and sparkle over bass thump and warmth. All subjective ofcourse. If anything, they remind me A LITTLE of something like a Xiaomi Piston V2, but with less of a V-curve and more mids. Pretty good for electronic music, because the bass can be a lot of fun but I didn't like them at all for my prefered genre, which is metal. They can't deliver the crunch, resolution and treble detail to render electric guitars vividly, instead they smooth everything over in a thick and warm blanket of mids. :p

The latest hypetrain I got on was the KZ ZS5, which I prefer over these. The KZ ZS5 has better imaging, a wider and more immersive soundstage and more treble sparkle, giving the illusion of more resolution and detail.

Oh well. :\

I have the LKER i8 also and we must be listening to different production models...to me they are resolution monsters, clarity and sparkle are amazing, vocals are fantastic but can call too much attention to themselves, for me these are slightly too analytical for long sessions, as a comparison the Urbanfun Hybrid seem pretty normal after listening to the LKER out of my laptop. The LKER also have in my opinion slightly better bass than the Urbanfun, there´s plenty of bass but it´s controlled and doesn´t interfere like the Urbanfun bass sometimes can (emphasis on sometimes, for me source dependant and more obvious when using my Galaxy S4 with Viper4Android). They´re the most comfortable iem I´ve worn and yes the cable is rather microphonic...bottom line is the Urbanfun is more balanced and I´m still looking for that perfect sub $100 iem.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #5,936 of 31,833
+1000 for the Z5000

Nymphonomaniac did not lie to us, they are fabulous. My only regret is not to have known them earlier, I would have saved money

Hehe, yeah, i'm not a sell ass dude that lie to others, but still, i'm always insecure that my ''hearing taste'' don't match others attempt! I'm very HAPPY to know you like them. I'm addict to the warm-liquid-bassy-sparkly soundsignature, very unique and engaging, I compare them with Tinaudio T2, and while my brain say T2 is more detailed-balanced and airy and ''should'' sound better, my ears just say Wow when listening to Z5000, I think its because of how vocal are presented as well as the dynamic it have and microdetails that are part of a whole lush imagin. Hope they will have a long life! Perhaps I will write a proper review of them so it can be know by more headfiers, now i'm not sure it will be produce long, but hotfi aliexpress store have them newly so perhaps if demand is there they will be for sell for years to come. Strangely...price is 20$ at HCK store.

About tesla driver....no other chifi IEM have this technology, wich is a shame....there a 300$ Hybrid tesla from Zhiyin....man, wish I was RICH! Can't imagine the sound it give with tesla dynamic + 4BA drivers....should be out of this world.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...9e4db9a&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0

There a cheap Z3000, they don't look promising...but I wonder if anybody heard them here?????
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...9e4db9a&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #5,937 of 31,833
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #5,938 of 31,833
There a cheap Z3000, they don't look promising...but I wonder if anybody heard them here?????

I have the Z3000 but have been getting too many new iems, headphones and buds so I need to listen to them again before I comment....maybe later tonight.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #5,939 of 31,833
After 60+ days of waiting, my Auglamour RT-1 arrived. I paid 36 euros for these on 11.11. from NiceHCK. This was a bundle - bluetooth module and RT-1 and probably a mistake with pricing at the time, but they still sent both so go figure. They came in separate boxes but the RT-1 came with bluetooth cables on them (not the regular cable) and bluetooth module had its own set of 2 pin cables. As you can see, it makes some of the things they come with useless (for this bundle anyways) - 3.5 to 6.3 adapter, shirt clip, case - all useless and a literal laugh out loud moment when I realized :beyersmile:

These have 2 imperfections as seen on a close up, on the left is a plastic that wasn't finished properly next to the seam and on the right is a line of removed upper layer of plastic finish - both of these are minor things but they are worth mentioning given that I expected a better finish overall on the bluetooth module and IEMs, they just aren't fully polished, there are seams visible on the bluetooth module, nozzles look very imprecise but functional etc. It is to be expected at this price, however at full 100$ I'd say absolutely not. All of these things are cosmetic and they do not reduce functionality nor are they visible unless closely inspecting. Disappointed a bit given how perfect RX-1 is. Bluetooth module is made out of spectacular silicone that feels beyond premium, a true surprise.

Now onto the really bad stuff. These have the worst case of driver flex that I've ever heard, I constantly keep thinking that I am MURDERING the drivers even when taking them out. They have a long nozzle but I keep hearing the driver flex as soon as the tips touch my ears and then through the whole struggle of getting the nozzle properly seated. Foam tips help a bit but it's still a crunchy road of "Did I destroy them already?". For the love of god Auglamour, revise these and give them a front vent, what is wrong with you...

Sound impressions: I actually don't have any 2 pin cables on me at this point so I can only give a short impression when using the bluetooth module (which has impressive connection and is 100% not a gimmicky item, though audio quality will obviously be worse than any proper cable would give). They sound bassy but impressive kinda, I feel similarly about these as I did with KZ ZS5v1 at first, just that these are better immediately - the first thing that leaves an impression is strong bass and uncanny feeling of a solid space being created - I have yet to see whether this is some good soundstage and depth, requires testing and a proper cable connection obviously. Treble is quite audible but it's already miles ahead in terms of comfort compared to ZS5. Will give a proper impression once I cable them, find the right tips, spend some time with them...

20180112_190718.jpg
20180112_190918.jpg

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #5,940 of 31,833
But, I buy too the PMV A01 MK2 and really like them, out of 50 pairs of IEM I own, there less than 10 that I use weekly, still, its EPICURISM for some, will you always drink the same beer or wine? Some can drink budweiser for life, other will always search for new favor: i'm from this batch of people (write review on rateabeer too LOL)...

Hm, but earphones are not consumables the way beer is. It would be better to say that for each beer your try you buy a new piece of beer glassware to drink it from.

Don't get me wrong, I am curious, that's for sure. You mentioning the Z5000 certainly lit a spark: "What's this Tesla-driver, now? Sounds interesting, would love to hear it!" But I simply can't justify the spending to my own self. It pains me enough that my perfectly good PMV A01 will now most likely collect dust, as I'm not one to swap earphones for genres. Even if it's "only" $50, it feels to me like money thrown away, and this is what happens with all these side-grades. One IEM gets retired for a new, slightly different one. And repeat.

Interesting tracks. I've never heard of most of these. Thanks for sharing!
I did the micropore tape mod on mine, and honestly I think there is too much mid bass now, to the point where it draws too much attention to itself. I wish there was a less extreme bass mod possible. :)

Hey, glad you liked the songs. I've gotten into a prog rock phase again lately, so that's why it dominates my playlists. It's helpful that artists in the genre usually take very good care of the production, so it's a treat listening to prog albums with the T2. And about the T2 modding, maybe I'll put it on hold for a while... the SpinFit Twinblade... $12 for two nail-sized pieces of silicone... don't sound that appealing anymore, I must add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back