CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #3,452 of 31,833
Sep 3, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #3,453 of 31,833
Just receive a new earbud today, the **** TANK.
P9030102.JPG
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32815205964.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.OcHlIv

Very impressive construction, thick twisted cable and quite small metal housing.

Sound is energic, with round punchy bass, smooth present vocal (more fowards than MX500) and quite extended high. Soundstage already begin to open up after one hour of listening so I will share more impression after 20H!! But, as withall earbuds, my first impression test is important (if not unfairly crucial), and the TANK pass it and make me want to listen more to it (last pair SEAHF AWK32 did not make this impression cause too brightish)

Now that my move to another appartment is done, I will pass more time here cause I need to do some work so the reference list serve well headfiers.

Next earbuds that will arrive from the mail soon:
VIDO
Monk PLUS
Toneking TP16

and for IEM:
Kinera H3
and...
NICE HCK BRO DD+BA drivers...ultra cheap and intriguing, so I press the buy button when it was on sale. ANYBODY hear these (okay, I paid 13$ on Ali sale now they are 18-22):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...32825370780.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.F8wp2Q

hum...not sure it's a good idea to come back finally:frowning::money_mouth::grimacing::crying_cat_face:

I order the ISK HF2010 Headphone too...it make years that they say: buy me, buy me, i'm way more portable than Superlux HD681B!

Sep 3, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3,454 of 31,833
You could get some good ideas here:

https://www.aproear.co.uk/review-list/

Hum....I think I will include this link in the ''reference list'' so people can check them out before asking question to headfier....all this reviews blog link begin to make me a little uncomfortable, it's like saying, go somewhere else than headfi to find your answer. Everytime I came back here, I see a link to aproear site...a nice fast reading reference site, but we find headfi reviews too there, something is strange about this, and paranoia will begin to grow in me. Let's share HEADFI reviews instead pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hello , could someone advise me some under $20 Neutral IEMS. I usually use VE Monks, Ty Hi-Z, but in the underground train here in Paris, buds don't isolate well.
To sound cliché, I'll repeat myself about best iem for neutral soudsignature wich in my opinion are the URBANFUN HYBRID. (18-22$)
Some headfi reviews here:https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ge...lanced-armature-dynamic-earbuds.21841/reviews
Sound isolation aren't ultimate, but way better than earbuds for sure!

Sep 3, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #3,456 of 31,833
I still don't believe earbuds can sound good.

I've only recently come around to thinking that IEMs can sound good....thanks to my Rock Zircons, KZ ED9s and KZ ZS5s.
If anybody tell you this already: order the DIY MX500 and you will change your mind FOR SURE.

These Gem even sound excellent with complex IDM like Ametsub....since I got them, must admit all my other earbuds just take dust...or are there for soundsignature change. Only drawback is the cable that can shake inside housing when you walk and make rare microphonic. Oh, and if your a Grado lover (like me) I really think earbuds will give you Grado like soundsignature in a very portable way!

Sep 3, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #3,457 of 31,833
Sep 4, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #3,458 of 31,833
If anybody tell you this already: order the DIY MX500 and you will change your mind FOR SURE.

These Gem even sound excellent with complex IDM like Ametsub....since I got them, must admit all my other earbuds just take dust...or are there for soundsignature change. Only drawback is the cable that can shake inside housing when you walk and make rare microphonic. Oh, and if your a Grado lover (like me) I really think earbuds will give you Grado like soundsignature in a very portable way!

How do the mx500 compare sq wise against the urbanfun hifi? Not asking for details really, more like "The x sounds better because of" answer.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #3,459 of 31,833
Is there any good chinese wireless/bluetooth iems that can be used in the gym? Trying to find something to replace my MEE M6s as I hate draping the cable down and keeping my phone in my pocket and would like to just leave the phone on the like instead.

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #3,460 of 31,833
a nice fast reading reference site, but we find headfi reviews too there, something is strange about this, and paranoia will begin to grow in me.

The only reviews on there are mine (budget) and @peter123 who does the more expensive gear and @loomisjohnson who does second opinions on both. What is strange?

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #3,461 of 31,833
What is strange?

That this thread is taking on a life of its own and referring to your website more than what's being referred here??

Problem with Head-fi reviews is that unless you're specifically searching for an item, its impossibly difficult to do cross-referencing between different items of the same type. As everyone reviews based on their own arbitrary idiosyncrasies. That's why many like me consider your page and Audiobudget to be such valuable resources. At least there is some basis to compare between different items. And much easier to search too not to say the least.

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #3,462 of 31,833
Hello , could someone advise me some under $20 Neutral IEMS. I usually use VE Monks, Ty Hi-Z, but in the underground train here in Paris, buds don't isolate well.

Any IEM's isolation will be greatly improved by using foam tips like comply. If you're looking for neutral and you're not a basshead then any kind of balanced armature setup is likely to be your thing. A hybrid usually means a driver to make up for the BA lack of bass but there's always the risk of the normal driver owerpowering things.

Sep 4, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #3,463 of 31,833
The only reviews on there are mine (budget) and @peter123 who does the more expensive gear and @loomisjohnson who does second opinions on both. What is strange?

^^ This!

Just so that there's no misunderstanding: all my future reviews will be published on Vidal's site and probably here on Head-fi as well. My past reviews will also be published there but it will take som time before they're all up. I really can't see any problem (rather the opposite) to have more reviewers writing on the same page.

Sep 4, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #3,464 of 31,833
Later today I will be posting a review of the Tennmak Pro, one of my favorite Chi-fi models from my collection, after I take some pictures of them and the accessories/box, etc.

If you have any questions about them or characteristics you'd like to learn about let me know so I can include them.

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #3,465 of 31,833
Just to be clear, I don't make a big deal about this....just wondering how to make it more simple and I wonder too if the list I try to update here on headfi is necessary. I will try to add link of all valuable reviews blog (including your nice one too!). It was more about headfier asking a question and having to deal with an answer that is not really an answer but more like having an answer of this type: I search for a synonym of a certain word can you tell me one? Sure, there a great dictionary for you, it got all the words in the world, check it out.

As said no big deal, I eat chifi reviews site for breakfast too:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back