CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #3,181 of 31,849
Having spent the last few days listening to some absolute dross (Einsear Cut, Bro, Vots J1 etc.) I've spent this evening listening to the EMI CI880 - I got these for £20 from Amazon.co.uk - I think I now prefer these to the ZS5.

They're more comfortable, have slightly less bass, which I prefer, and better clarity. The ZS5s may have slightly wider soundstage but these are more suited to my listening preference.

Do you have an Amazon link for these? I do not see them anywhere, and I cannot order off AliExpress due to CC problems on their part.

Edit: Never mind, I found them. They are unavailable right now on Amazon, and AliExpress wants $50 for them...

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3,182 of 31,849
put some donut foams on them, it will sound closely as big as a full headphones
Well.......
P7310012.JPG
For sure! Me love donuts:)

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, earbuds Donuts.......
200.gif

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #3,183 of 31,849
Having spent the last few days listening to some absolute dross (Einsear Cut, Bro, Vots J1 etc.) I've spent this evening listening to the EMI CI880 - I got these for £20 from Amazon.co.uk - I think I now prefer these to the ZS5.

They're more comfortable, have slightly less bass, which I prefer, and better clarity. The ZS5s may have slightly wider soundstage but these are more suited to my listening preference.

Found these after much searching.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y52D5WM/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item
Are these the ones? The name is not in the listing but they will be arriving Wednesday. Can always cancel if it is wrong. Why are IEMs so confusing?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #3,184 of 31,849
I look at this and think about some bag of earphones I have that I approach with way more frustrated wariness than this guy:
200.gif

But I think it's easier to extrack a snake from the lot than an earphone.

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #3,185 of 31,849
Jul 31, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #3,186 of 31,849

Too bad it's not available on the US Amazon (nor ebay). At least not under the CI880 model name.

It's on Aliexpress, but it's $50!

I swear I've seen these on Aliexpress under other names for WAY cheaper. Anyone know other names this goes by?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #3,187 of 31,849
tnx for help
but in google translater say this
圈铁单体 Ring iron monomer
and when i search 圈铁单体 in google first site is https://bbs.pingfenbang.com/thread-9749-1-1.html and its about urbanfun Beryllium
im confused :ksc75smile: about version maybe i shoud get other ver in later

The actual meaning of the chinese words are quite different on describing speakers, i have no idea why the label it like that though, probably they named it by the looks and material used of the drivers
Beryllium DD version is stated as 铍膜 version on Taobao while 圈铁 is hybrid version
I think the link was about hybrid version though, based on their explanations of the drivers used

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #3,188 of 31,849
Just received my pair of Vivo XE800's.

As previously reported, it does sound pretty thin straight out of the delivery packet. Put it on burn for 3~4 hours, it seems to have loosened up and a bit more detail seems to have come through.

But so far, its pretty good for light acoustics, and instrumentation listening. Bass is a little thin so far but details and staging is pretty spot on. Shall have to experiment with foam tips to see if it will sound bassier. Meanwhile, will keep it on burn for a good 12 hours before making further judgement.

However, a strange thing about earphones is the impedance though. Its supposedly rated at 48~51 ohms depending which seller you look at. But plugged in, it does not invoke the high impedance mode on my LG G6 when I plug it in. Looking at all the details of the phone, it does have all the features of the original.

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #3,189 of 31,849
Just received my pair of Vivo XE800's.

As previously reported, it does sound pretty thin straight out of the delivery packet. Put it on burn for 3~4 hours, it seems to have loosened up and a bit more detail seems to have come through.

But so far, its pretty good for light acoustics, and instrumentation listening. Bass is a little thin so far but details and staging is pretty spot on. Shall have to experiment with foam tips to see if it will sound bassier. Meanwhile, will keep it on burn for a good 12 hours before making further judgement.

However, a strange thing about earphones is the impedance though. Its supposedly rated at 48~51 ohms depending which seller you look at. But plugged in, it does not invoke the high impedance mode on my LG G6 when I plug it in. Looking at all the details of the phone, it does have all the features of the original.

You're 100% positive you got a genuine version, right?

Aug 1, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #3,190 of 31,849
I would think at least 70 people would have gotten fakes before me if they were though .... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Honestly, I can't tell for sure as it ticks all the boxes of the description of the originals, even the supposed sound characteristics. That's why I pointed out the weird thing regarding the impedance.

However, its not the first time I've encountered this. Tried a friend's Beyerdynamics that were rated at 32 Ohm, those didn't activate the high impedance mode either, though the Xiaomi Piston 3's did.

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #3,191 of 31,849
Aug 1, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #3,193 of 31,849
Aug 1, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #3,194 of 31,849
Yes that's the ones

Hey mate, I just receive the Fonge T01....it make less than 5 minutes I have them in my ears tough. But, if I write here with excitation, it's becaue they sound incredibly good for the...2.99$ I paid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly, the build quality isn't bad, twisted white cable look quite sturdy and housing is very good and must of all VERY comfortable, exactly to right over ear fitting for me.
Sound is warm and not extremely detailed but have a large soundstage and good bass weight, mids are there too....they remind me of **** UE (single DD) iem. I listen to it trough my new chifi DAC that use dual phillip TDA1305T o I will share more toughs when I test them with Xduoo X3 and Ibasso DX90, but, first impression is utterly positive!!!!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #3,195 of 31,849
Pic of the Fonge T01...not mine...lol:
UTB8FiFTX7DEXKJk43PTq6y6SVXax.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back