CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 1, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #3,196 of 31,849
@ Nymphonomaniac

....sorry about the late PIC's on the SoundSOUL S-018. ...just wanted to show you these!

IMG_20170705_020814.jpg
IMG_20170705_021430.jpg
IMG_20170705_020634.jpg

-Clear

Attachments

• IMG_20170705_020625.jpg
    IMG_20170705_020625.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 1, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #3,198 of 31,849
Hey mate, I just receive the Fonge T01....it make less than 5 minutes I have them in my ears tough. But, if I write here with excitation, it's becaue they sound incredibly good for the...2.99$ I paid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly, the build quality isn't bad, twisted white cable look quite sturdy and housing is very good and must of all VERY comfortable, exactly to right over ear fitting for me.
Sound is warm and not extremely detailed but have a large soundstage and good bass weight, mids are there too....they remind me of **** UE (single DD) iem. I listen to it trough my new chifi DAC that use dual phillip TDA1305T o I will share more toughs when I test them with Xduoo X3 and Ibasso DX90, but, first impression is utterly positive!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you like the Fonge. I wasn't too fond of them. They just sounded a bit thin, hollow, and overall kind of boring and lifeless to me. They were comfortable and did have good soundstage I'll give them that.

Unfortunately, mine fell apart after using them 5 times (the cable fell out of the shell - it was glued in with really weak glue).

I wouldn't buy them again though. The MoreBlue DM8 is better for the same <$3 price.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #3,199 of 31,849
@ Nymphonomaniac

....sorry about the late PIC's on the SoundSOUL S-018. ...just wanted to show you these!

-Clear

I remember thinking these guys sounded soo good when I got them a few years ago! Unfortunately, one of the buds broke pretty fast because I accidentally fell asleep on one :frowning2:

How'd you get one? They're no longer made, right?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #3,201 of 31,849
Can you pls compare to the MEMT X5? Thanks.
I don't mind to buy one to put it at my office
With the enhanced and upgraded MEMT X5 they definitely sound better than their older X5 model, but even though they can go "head-to-head" with the KZ ZSE, the ZSE wins by a slight margin in coherency and upper-range. So, buying the KZ ZSE is a "no brainer". Go for it! :thumbsup:

Sorry for only such short impressions, since I am travelling and not at home at the moment.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #3,202 of 31,849
With the enhanced and upgraded MEMT X5 they definitely sound better than their older X5 model, but even though they can go "head-to-head" with the KZ ZSE, the ZSE wins by a slight margin in coherency and upper-range. So, buying the KZ ZSE is a "no brainer". Go for it! :thumbsup:

Sorry for only such short impressions, since I am travelling and not at home at the moment.
Thanks , I'd wait for Gearbest deal tsk tsk

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #3,203 of 31,849
The Moreblue DM8 are better than the Fonge T01 for sound but build is better on the Fonge though.

The Fonge have a decent soundstage although the imaging isn't quite as precise as more expensive earphones. I still can't believe I'm commenting on 'imaging' when it comes to earphones that can be picked up so cheaply.

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #3,204 of 31,849
The Winingtome RG-RB601s that appear to be similar to the M2 and HZsound M001s that can be picked up for £12 on UK Amazon are now down to 7 units.

I've just ordered a spare pair just in case.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #3,205 of 31,849
Having spent the last few days listening to some absolute dross (Einsear Cut, Bro, Vots J1 etc.) I've spent this evening listening to the EMI CI880 - I got these for £20 from Amazon.co.uk - I think I now prefer these to the ZS5.

They're more comfortable, have slightly less bass, which I prefer, and better clarity. The ZS5s may have slightly wider soundstage but these are more suited to my listening preference.
Sounds interesting! Do the volume buttons work with android smartphones?

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #3,207 of 31,849
Aug 2, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #3,208 of 31,849

The interesting thing about that link is that it says C 630 at the top not EMI CI 880. I came in here to say that mine, which I ordered from the same amazon uk listing that Vidal used ( his review is on the page) say c 630 on the little oval instruction manual that is inside the little oval container.

@Vidal does it say the same on yours?

A search for EMI CI880 takes me here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/E-M...ty-HIFI-copper-wires-Headset/32755542997.html

The amazon listing that I used mentions OEM in the detailed info.
I might have to put this in my list as mystery IEM

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #3,209 of 31,849
The interesting thing about that link is that it says C 630 at the top not EMI CI 880. I came in here to say that mine, which I ordered from the same amazon uk listing that Vidal used ( his review is on the page) say c 630 on the little oval instruction manual that is inside the little oval container.

@Vidal does it say the same on yours?

A search for EMI CI880 takes me here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/E-M...ty-HIFI-copper-wires-Headset/32755542997.html

The amazon listing that I used mentions OEM in the detailed info. I might have to put this in my list as mystery IEM

Yes, it does mention that in the box. I used the EMI CI880 name as that's what @B9Scrambler first found them listed under on Aliexpress. I think they're a generic earphone (OEM) that are made to whatever brand you want if you buy enough of them. I could in theory rebrand them as 'Aproear' if I wanted to sell them for instance.

OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer

I'm kinda interested in trying the triple driver one listed as well.

Aug 3, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #3,210 of 31,849
@ Nymphonomaniac

-Clear
Thanks for thinking to share this, now, I can't be sure it's the same than Mygeek wooden iem....one guy find them annoying cause of that: ''They have a pronounced hump at around 80-120Hz, right where bass drums are. I switched tips to memory foam, but no real improvement. I will keep letting them burn in and see how things go with them.'' I'm pretty certain mine doesn't act strange like this....just test it right now to confirm, they are punchy and bassy but mids are there for real as well as details and wide soundstage. I remember finding them quite bright and that after 50H of burn in it sound more calibrate but well, they still have treble emphasise that give texture and details in sometime agressive way (i personally like that aspect).
How' the soundsignature of SoundSOUL S-018?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back