CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 29, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #3,136 of 31,845
I have the Urbanfun HiFi (old hybrid, with texturised cable) and it's currently my favorite chi-fi IEM, but I must say that cable noise is loud and very annoying on this. It even picks up microphonics from the slight brushing on you clothes/skin as it moves because of your breathing.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I wouldn't be buying these after all

Anything similar to HiFi but less microphonic ?

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #3,137 of 31,845

When mine come I will let you know if anything has changed with the cable.

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #3,138 of 31,845

Einsear T2 is usually indicated as being similar to Urbanfun HiFi. Microphonics is slightly better. T2 is warmer and maybe less detailed, but it sounds "better" than the HiFi at low volume (at least paired with my phone). The HiFi shows some kind of incoherence between bass and treble at low volume, perhaps because of its hybrid nature. Personally, I wouldn't trade the HiFi for the T2, but I listen to loud metal most of the time, so I have no issues with microphonics and incoherence. The T2 is great though, I use it in bed for low-volume listening. YMMV.

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #3,140 of 31,845
Looking forward to this. I'd also like to know if the new version's sound signature is compatible with the old one (indicating it uses the same drivers).

As advised, I made sure I ordered the original hybrid that everyone seems to love so much, but it could be possible that the cable was improved if there have been complaints. We will see. According to the diagrams I saw, the new version only uses a dynamic driver with no balanced armature. That does not mean it is bad..could be better...someone should compare. I just wanted the sound signature that I have been reading about in here.

i also have the Einseer T2 coming.

I have only recently discovered I can wear in ears. I was previously only interested in headphones. Actually for many years I mainly listened with speakers only using headphones occasionally...and only owning one pair at a time...except for those little foam ones with the thin metal band that came free with portable cassette and portable cd players. Anyone remember r those? At least they were better than the little free foam buds

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #3,141 of 31,845
I will be providing initial impressions in the next few days. I received my first pair of ZS5's, a pair of Mygeek professionals and a pair of Tennmak Crazy Cellos. The only ones I have listened to at all so far are the Mygeeks, and that was only for 5 minutes or so. First impression is they are a bit bass heavy, but sound good otherwise. This is stock tips, driven by my Nexus 6p...

Spent some time today comparing the Tennmak Crazy Cellos to my **** 6in1 XBA's. I am using MandarinES tips on both, the regular Symbios on the Senfers, and the Symbios W on the Tennmak. Both iems sound good, but I found the **** XBA to be far more engaging musically. Better soundstage, more depth, air, width. I get a better sense of dynamics with the **** as well. The Tennmaks sound sort of homogenized in comparison. The narrow Symbios helps tame the high end on the **** a bit - just a bit too much now.

My next comparison will be to compare the **** to the KZ ZS5. I put Symbios W's on the ZS5, and will be trying out the silver add-on cable with them.

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #3,142 of 31,845
Penon Audio should have plenty. Just make sure you get the original Hybrid DD+BA version. There are reports that urbanfun switched it to a single dynamic now. The dual hybrid version is the one everyone raves about.

my urbanfun is arrived is this orginal ver Hybrid DD+BA or no? and wihch is better hybrid or Beryllium version?
i get from this address
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...Headset-Earplug-with/1331532_32797797283.html

urbanfun1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #3,143 of 31,845
Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #3,144 of 31,845
I was surprised to find Penon has none. I got my Ruizu A50 from them (through Ebay). I found another listing from the seller beauthlife but he wants $30 and I thought people were getting them for $20 or less. It is the original Hybrid DD+BA version. I have found some sellers on aliexpress with them for around $20 but I am a little afraid of dealing with them as I am used to using PayPal. Also aliexpress is insisting on a mobile number and I only have a landline. Sounds crazy I suppose but I have no interest in being annoyed by a phone when I am not home. Lots of tech around the house... tablets, audio video gear, computer, laptop etc...just no smartphone. My landline and my skype phone are all I need...but not according to aliexpress. Can't believe I am being discriminated against for not having a mobile! LOL

Aliexpress doesn't call you for anything. It's required for customs I believe. Just give them your home or Skype #.

Jul 29, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,145 of 31,845
Aliexpress doesn't call you for anything. It's required for customs I believe. Just give them your home or Skype #.

Thanks for explaining that. I did put my home number but I think I made a mistake in the country code. I will stop worrying now!

Jul 29, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #3,146 of 31,845
anybody owns both the hybrid and beryllium urbanfuns? how do they compare soundwise?

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #3,147 of 31,845
It looks like that listing has both versions so it depends on which picture you chose. Seems like the new version might have a more rubbery cable.

I don't think anyone knows which is best. It might depend on what you like anyway.

i see some pic of 2 ver and Beryllium version with black cable and hybrid with gray cable for me have gray cable same as picture
urbanfun1.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #3,148 of 31,845

As far as I understand, its really for the postman as well as the customs office (if there are issues). Its actually printed on most of my AE orders for all sorts of items.

In some countries/places, postal addresses are not so simple to reach/ find as others, and a contact number will ease the delivery process.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #3,149 of 31,845
i see some pic of 2 ver and Beryllium version with black cable and hybrid with gray cable for me have gray cable same as picture

When mine arrive I will attach a picture. I am certain I am getting the hybrid version. On the page where I ordered it shows the little ring on the green ones as silver. Yours looks gold. But the photos I saw made it look like my cable will be kind of a textured look. I have no idea what other people have. Maybe someone can clarify. Do you like yours? That is the important thing. I am sure there will be people who say the beryllium is better and others who will say the hybrid is better. I think someone will get both to compare...

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #3,150 of 31,845
When mine arrive I will attach a picture. I am certain I am getting the hybrid version. On the page where I ordered it shows the little ring on the green ones as silver. Yours looks gold. But the photos I saw made it look like my cable will be kind of a textured look. I have no idea what other people have. Maybe someone can clarify. Do you like yours? That is the important thing. I am sure there will be people who say the beryllium is better and others who will say the hybrid is better. I think someone will get both to compare...

yes i like the sound of them but maybe other version is better sound and i dont know
and i see many pic of hybrid ver with silver ring and i think for yours is orginal version
and i think for me is beryllium version

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back