CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 27, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,106 of 31,867
I don,t know were you go for live music, but here in montreal (quebec, canada) I have been a really devoted music listener for lot of show, especially jazz, classical and indie, for jazz and indie it was a very unpleasant experience because people look like to go there for social event more than musical one and I became really disgust by the non-sacred music approach, for classical, people still respect musical experience but music isn't sacred anymore and this is why I came to the conclusion it's better to give it the right respectufull source to shine. Music need silence to shine, wich in live is very rare, and after that it need good sound monitoring, wich is very rare too. Live music is about soundstage especially, this is why soundstage is sooooooo precious!!!

Actually, the reason I suggested listening to live music is that all audio is really just an attempt to reproduce what you are hearing live. For example, I listen to stuff like Genesis. I have heard Genesis play live. Same for Coldplay. I have also heard the Chicago Symphony play live many times. I have heard a lot of chamber music as well. What I am really saying is that you need a benchmark to evaluate what you are listening to against. I would suggest that comparing one headphone to another headphone does not give you a very good measurement of what you are really listening to.

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #3,107 of 31,867
They are out on AE already. US$9/- gets you one from the KZ Official Store.

The specs are interesting for the price, as it goes 20-45,000 hz, 120 DB. Really tempted to just buy one for trying ! :gs1000smile:

Okay...at 7$ I might press enter right **cking now....but I'm afraid it's a bass-mid-bloat monster....presentation of product is so pround to be bass-centric and the graph..well, it's frightening a litte. anyway, the price isn't so....

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #3,108 of 31,867
Live music is bright and loud and bass thumping your chest .
Don't think I want to listen to this on my iem 247 and no headphones can mimic that

Which is probably the reason why people spend 5-figure or even the odd 6-figure sums to set up a top-notch hi-fi stereo system / room.

I don't own one but a friend has a room set up with a US$18+ k system. Which he claims is already 'budget', close your eyes and you have a audio experience like as if a live band or singer was there 10 feet in front of you (if the recording was good).

Very nice but not something I would spend that kind or money on, or for that matter have a space in the house to spare for it either. But if its something you can afford and desire, it might be a worthy pursuit. :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #3,109 of 31,867
Actually, the reason I suggested listening to live music is that all audio is really just an attempt to reproduce what you are hearing live. For example, I listen to stuff like Genesis. I have heard Genesis play live. Same for Coldplay. I have also heard the Chicago Symphony play live many times. I have heard a lot of chamber music as well. What I am really saying is that you need a benchmark to evaluate what you are listening to against. I would suggest that comparing one headphone to another headphone does not give you a very good measurement of what you are really listening to.

Yeah, but no too, serious records are thinked to be listened trough speakers especially, or very good iem or headphone(monitor are the reference). Personally, what I search with iem, is to have BAT EARS. But thats my stuff....to be drown in music, I need to be intimate with it, but not in a claustrohobic approach and this is why soundstage and details are so important to me, as well as a bass with some authority (wich a cello in front of you can give as well as a sub far from you).

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3,110 of 31,867
Okay...at 7$ I might press enter right **cking now....but I'm afraid it's a bass-mid-bloat monster....presentation of product is so pround to be bass-centric and the graph..well, it's frightening a litte. anyway, the price isn't so....

Hahaha.. they are so absolutely tempting aren't they ?? :D

I shall hold my horses for a few weeks while I wait for my other earphones which are still enroute from AE. Still got an Urbanfun Hifi and a Vivo IE800 in the mail and on the way. Shall have to spend some time ( a few weeks) with those first and see how it pans out for the KSE.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #3,111 of 31,867
Which is probably the reason why people spend 5-figure or even the odd 6-figure sums to set up a top-notch hi-fi stereo system / room.

I don't own one but a friend has a room set up with a US$18+ k system. Which he claims is already 'budget', close your eyes and you have a audio experience like as if a live band or singer was there 10 feet in front of you (if the recording was good).

Very nice but not something I would spend that kind or money on, or for that matter have a space in the house to spare for it either. But if its something you can afford and desire, it might be a worthy pursuit. :)

Yes , that's why for headfi I feel just strive for something that you like

I.e detailed , slight warm , fun bass ( not overly done ) and nice mids coupled with 3D and Wide soundstage and comfortable

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #3,113 of 31,867
I think i've turn on a little thread in the thread :D Let me explain in a better way what i mean with " Listening Training ".

I play guitar and sing in two bands, i listening to live music very very often (only in the last 2 months i went to Radiohead, James Blake, Eddie Vedder, Glen Hansard, Swans, Some Opera, Some symphonic and some club jazz..In August i'll go to an Interpol live for a tour of "Turn On The Bright Lights").
What i was attempting to is to increase my ear capability to describe every little shade of the sound for a better understanding of the gear characteristics i use. In this way, i think, i'll increase experience and, mostly, the awareness of what i listen to and why i can hear this with this IEM and that with another one.

Total agree about the experience in some live shows, especially for those which require more attention, intimacy and emotional transport. In example, Mr Geera of the Swans ORDER absolute silence during their shows and, in more than one occasion, he kicked screw out all the troublemakers, often in very rude ways!

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #3,118 of 31,867
Nice, Mygeek get some attention! Please share more impressions after a little more burn in (you ears). Vocal aren't fowards but are very articulate and clear-bright, don't feel bass bloat them and details are quite there too, soundstage is very wide also. I'm excited to know more about a rare listener of these!

So far, the MyGeeks are annoying. They have a pronounced hump at around 80-120Hz, right where bass drums are. I switched tips to memory foam, but no real improvement. I will keep letting them burn in and see how things go with them.

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #3,119 of 31,867
So far, the MyGeeks are annoying. They have a pronounced hump at around 80-120Hz, right where bass drums are. I switched tips to memory foam, but no real improvement. I will keep letting them burn in and see how things go with them.

Looking forward to your further impressions, because they are on my 'to eventually acquire' list.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #3,120 of 31,867
Looking forward to your further impressions, because they are on my 'to eventually acquire' list.

Well, I bought them because they were supposed to be pretty neutral and good for classical music, but so far, no joy. I will be spending more time with the Sender XBA over the next few days, as I just received my Mandarin's tips...

I am also looking forward to the MEMT X5 and Urbanfun Hybrid, which are still in transit....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back