CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 28, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #3,121 of 31,867
Well, I bought them because they were supposed to be pretty neutral and good for classical music, but so far, no joy. I will be spending more time with the Sender XBA over the next few days, as I just received my Mandarin's tips...

I am also looking forward to the MEMT X5 and Urbanfun Hybrid, which are still in transit....

Did you get the original MEMT X5, or the new version?

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #3,122 of 31,867
I am also looking forward to the MEMT X5 and Urbanfun Hybrid, which are still in transit....

Where did you order the Urbanfun Hybrid? I just posted in another thread that I want those and want the best price from a reliable seller.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #3,123 of 31,867
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #3,124 of 31,867
Where did you order the Urbanfun Hybrid? I just posted in another thread that I want those and want the best price from a reliable seller.

I ordered them on eBay. The seller is beauthlife....

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #3,126 of 31,867
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #3,127 of 31,867
You are lucky to have them coming. That seller has ended his listing as he has no more available.

Penon Audio should have plenty. Just make sure you get the original Hybrid DD+BA version. There are reports that urbanfun switched it to a single dynamic now. The dual hybrid version is the one everyone raves about.

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #3,128 of 31,867
Penon Audio should have plenty. Just make sure you get the original Hybrid DD+BA version. There are reports that urbanfun switched it to a single dynamic now. The dual hybrid version is the one everyone raves about.

I was surprised to find Penon has none. I got my Ruizu A50 from them (through Ebay). I found another listing from the seller beauthlife but he wants $30 and I thought people were getting them for $20 or less. It is the original Hybrid DD+BA version. I have found some sellers on aliexpress with them for around $20 but I am a little afraid of dealing with them as I am used to using PayPal. Also aliexpress is insisting on a mobile number and I only have a landline. Sounds crazy I suppose but I have no interest in being annoyed by a phone when I am not home. Lots of tech around the house... tablets, audio video gear, computer, laptop etc...just no smartphone. My landline and my skype phone are all I need...but not according to aliexpress. Can't believe I am being discriminated against for not having a mobile! LOL

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #3,129 of 31,867
Are these Urbanfun HiFi ? Or some other model ?

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #3,130 of 31,867
I was surprised to find Penon has none. I got my Ruizu A50 from them (through Ebay). I found another listing from the seller beauthlife but he wants $30 and I thought people were getting them for $20 or less. It is the original Hybrid DD+BA version. I have found some sellers on aliexpress with them for around $20 but I am a little afraid of dealing with them as I am used to using PayPal. Also aliexpress is insisting on a mobile number and I only have a landline. Sounds crazy I suppose but I have no interest in being annoyed by a phone when I am not home. Lots of tech around the house... tablets, audio video gear, computer, laptop etc...just no smartphone. My landline and my skype phone are all I need...but not according to aliexpress. Can't believe I am being discriminated against for not having a mobile! LOL

That's new, I never needed a mobile when I signed up. In the UK you can get a SIM card for nothing (SIM only plan), I'd have just used the number from one of these.

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #3,131 of 31,867
That's new, I never needed a mobile when I signed up. In the UK you can get a SIM card for nothing (SIM only plan), I'd have just used the number from one of these.
I did not need a mobile number to sign up so I do have an account now. I need a mobile number to put in my shipping info...it is not excepting it without a number. Maybe I will just try the home number but here mobiles use a different prefix so they might reject it. There are a couple of old phones lying around. I could check on getting a SIM. I thought you had to put some money on it though. I will check. I guess it would not be bad to have it for emergency sometimes. I used to have one for emergency in the States but that was years ago and I was driving there (not here) so I liked having it in the car just in case the car broke down in a remote area. I only had to top it up with $10 every three months to keep it active.

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #3,133 of 31,867
Jul 29, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #3,134 of 31,867
I am thinking of buying these too. Is this one fine ? - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/URB...icrophone-for-iPhone-Android/32777412484.html

Also, anyone know how is the cable noise on these ? I listen at low volumes so it's kinda important

I listen at low volumes as well so I hope the cable is ok. I just ordered from aliexpress. I just put my landline number into the box for mobile number and my address info was accepted. Surely they don't plan to phone me.

I used this vendor because they only had the two hybrid colors on the page and not all those others to choose from. Some of the links were too confusing and I wanted to be sure they knew exactly what I wanted. Now just hoping that my stupid credit card company does not refuse the payment thinking it is a dodgy site. They are weird like that sometimes.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...reo-DIY-Earphone-Micphone-BA/32804433452.html I want the green one. They also have the black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back