CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 20, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #1,561 of 31,845
  Yes, have them under both names

These are truly outstanding IEMs. First of all, out of all the IEMs I've tried, including £200, these have close to the best bass I've heard in an IEM. Punchy, well controlled, musical. So much fun, no bloat, doesn't dominate.

Very detailed mids even with a slightly smooth signature. Highs for me are just right, no fatigue but with plenty detail. i can see why Coil and 1Clearhead want more sparkle but for me they have enough clarity. 

The soundstage is great... in all directions. 3D like. As i said already, live music is so immersive. Drum solos have such impact and can sound like you are there playing them.

Negatives... build and aesthetics. Soundwise... There is some minor sibilance. "s" sounds can be a little irritating at times, but it's far from a deal breaker and barely noticeable after a while with them. The rest makes up for it. IF they never had this issue these could be close to perfect sounding for my listening pleasure.

Really tempted to get these now. How's the isolation and sound leakage, since it looks like the bk50 has an open-back design?

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #1,563 of 31,845
Although not technically Chinese, stay away from the new Rosewill Preludes. No clarity or detail whatsoever. At least I'm only out $15 after rebate.

I have only seen one review and it painted these as semi competent. They aren't, at all.

Googled them. See there is a cheap 01 version and a more expensive 02 version. Are you sure the review wasn't on the more expensive one?

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #1,564 of 31,845
Yes, have them under both names

These are truly outstanding IEMs. First of all, out of all the IEMs I've tried, including £200, these have close to the best bass I've heard in an IEM. Punchy, well controlled, musical. So much fun, no bloat, doesn't dominate.

Very detailed mids even with a slightly smooth signature. Highs for me are just right, no fatigue but with plenty detail. i can see why Coil and 1Clearhead want more sparkle but for me they have enough clarity. 

The soundstage is great... in all directions. 3D like. As i said already, live music is so immersive. Drum solos have such impact and can sound like you are there playing them.

Negatives... build and aesthetics. Soundwise... There is some minor sibilance. "s" sounds can be a little irritating at times, but it's far from a deal breaker and barely noticeable after a while with them. The rest makes up for it. IF they never had this issue these could be close to perfect sounding for my listening pleasure.

How do they compare to the ATR's? I like their sound. Would just like something similar but better. Are the BK50's right for that?

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,565 of 31,845
If anybody is in interested, I've reviewed the SENDIY M1221, which I think they are an "exceptional value" for their price!....flawless!  
tongue_smile.gif
  To my surprise, 3 tuning nozzles that really work perfectly!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems/3285#post_13025364

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #1,566 of 31,845

actually, i just got the b3 in a trade this week--i initially thought they were bass-deficient, but after changing to smaller tips got the bass to come out. compared to the bk50, the b3 have less lowend emphasis and subbass texture; the b3 are more of a balanced signature and also much brighter overall. the bass on the bk50, however, doesn't bleed over.

I ordered a set of the BK50's this evening, from AUXSHOP on AliExpress (but just realized I forgot to select an expedited shipping method - so I wait a while...).

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,567 of 31,845
My Zircons died and i got a refund. I got 8$ to burn on GearBest now.
Joyroom E109 vs PLEXTONE X41M vs KZ ZS3 or something else...what should i get? i listen to Uplifting Trance, but also want to enjoy sweet electric guitars in Metal. 
The Zircons were too bright\sharp for me in the upper mids...

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #1,568 of 31,845
Joyroom E109 vs PLEXTONE X41M vs KZ ZS3 or something else...what should i get? i listen to Uplifting Trance, but also want to enjoy sweet electric guitars in Metal. 

ZS3 or E109, I didn't rate those Plextone.

ZS3 - relatively balanced good treble, amazing isolation and detachable cable.
E109 - fun, v.fast bass lack a little sub bass. Tiny in size but with surprisingly 'big' sound.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #1,569 of 31,845
Hi there,
I'm looking for sub 25$ IEMs.
I've gotten really confused trying to choose the best IEMs at this price, there is just too much of a choice
blink.gif

What would you recommend to someone who listens mainly to Rock/alt Rock music and likes balanced sound with a nice bass oomph?
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,570 of 31,845
Hi there,
I've gotten really confused trying to choose the best IEMs at this price, there is just too much of a choice:blink:
What would you recommend to someone who listens mainly to Rock/alt Rock music and likes balanced sound with a nice bass oomph?
Thanks!:)

Tennmak Pro is a good choice in my opinion, but there are other alternatives that does well for that genre as well.

Nov 23, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #1,571 of 31,845

ZS3 or E109, I didn't rate those Plextone.

ZS3 - relatively balanced good treble, amazing isolation and detachable cable.
E109 - fun, v.fast bass lack a little sub bass. Tiny in size but with surprisingly 'big' sound.

What about the mids? which one can actually play electric guitars and violins properly?

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,572 of 31,845

I like the Joyroom E107s better than the E109s, but they are on the quiet side so sound better with amping.  Haven't heard the plextones.  I like the sound of the ZS3s, but the fit is uncomfortable for my ears.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #1,573 of 31,845
I like the Joyroom E107s better than the E109s, but they are on the quiet side so sound better with amping.  Haven't heard the plextones.  I like the sound of the ZS3s, but the fit is uncomfortable for my ears.

I have both the E107 and the ZS3 and I think the ZS3 wins that pretty easily, better soundstage, deeper clear bass, highs are nice, better isolation, less microphones and much better fit. regarding fit, there's no variety in the way you wear or place them in your ears, they're incredibly comfortable when you get it right but irritating if you don't.

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #1,574 of 31,845
Hi there,
I've gotten really confused trying to choose the best IEMs at this price, there is just too much of a choice:blink:
Thanks!:)

I just started looking into these as well and here are the ones I've ordered and like:

Tennmak Pro with silver cable
KZ ED3 perfection
Soundsoul S-018, wish they had detachable cables, cable seems cheap and spirals alot.

Had the KZ ED12 returned them, didn't care for the sound.

I listen to 80's hair bands and new rock, pretty much all rock music. I like to hear the bass when it's there, not created (if that makes sense) and it isn't over powering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back