CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 9, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #1,382 of 31,834
Hey guys, what genre of music would hybrids best perform on?

Thanks!

All headphones sound different from each other, and hybrids are no exception to that.

The best we can do would be for you to say something about what particular tones you like emphasized such as treble, mid and bass centric. Then there is V-Shaped and A -shaped and you also have the so called "neutral". Even these terms are really general, so you will have large deviations within them.

The absolute best would be for you to listen to a bunch of headphones and pick the one you like though. Since that's not always an option, we use these terms to relay what we want from them without having to listen to them.

Edit: it should also be mentioned that different "signatures" fit different genres well, but this is highly subjective and is a less optimal way of doing things.

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #1,383 of 31,834
HeyVidal. I personally have the KZ ED9s and have to say, they really blow my mind for it's price. This is especially so with the balanced nozzle. Apart from it's rather heavy build (in my opinion, it really is a good set to have. The bass nozzles will also satisfy the bassheads out there. With the two different nozzles, I really believe that set will suit almost everyone out there. I would say the ED9s is a good one. Just my opinion. Cheers

P. S new headfi-er here, by the way

Oct 10, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,384 of 31,834
Anybody want to try my Rock Zircon upgrade? .....Give it a shot! You won't be dissappointed!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780859/rock-zircon-mula-iem-impressions-thread/1185#post_12923569

Hope you like the upgrade! Good luck! 
etysmile.gif

Oct 10, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #1,386 of 31,834
  So in terms of overall ability how would people rate the following older models: -

KZ ED9, Joyroom E107 and VJJB K4S

I'm donating to a charity raffle and I want to give out the best earphone for an average man on the street.

tough one; each has its virtues. for a charity raffle, i'd probably opt for the ed9, which viscerally feels like the most for the money, with great build, interchangeable nozzles, etc. + the most conventional "consumer" sound.
the vjjb is also very well built and sound quite good; i personally found their overall warmth to be a bit excessive.
the e107 might be the best-sounding, and certainly the most "audiophile" of all of them; however some might find subbass lacking and they don't look and feel as expensive

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #1,387 of 31,834
hello, feel so lucky i've found this thread.
recently i bought KZ ZS3 and i love this iem . and now i think i wanna try some iem that can present 3d soundstage under $50.
can i have some recommendation iem that have 3d soundstage and balance sound but not so bright ?
really appreciate your help guys. thankyou for helping me.

*base on my research :
HAVI B3 PRO 1 : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-Professional-Top-quality-hifi-earphone-HAVI-B3-PRO1-for-MP3-player-music-in-ear/100486_32275428722.html
Fostex TE 02 : dont know where to buy..
or any recommendation.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #1,390 of 31,834
  Is there anything with an Etymotic MC5 type of sound signature?

Do you mean a bass light/mid forward earphone? That's the only description I can find for the MC5.

If so, then based on the descriptions of the Vivo XE800 that would probably be the best candidate 

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,391 of 31,834
My bad, left this out.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/etymotic-mc5

The people who hate it calls its cold and analytic but for some reason I like it.

It stopped working a few days ago. I have tried Xiaomi Piston 3/Hybrids, KZ ATE and KZ ED9. But something is missing.

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #1,392 of 31,834
How are the TFZ Series 5s from Massdrop for 80$?

will be using my phone(LG g3) on the road in public transportation, listening mainly to rock and metal.
Is there a better option for this price?

Thanks alot!

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,393 of 31,834
How are the TFZ Series 5s from Massdrop for 80$?

will be using my phone(LG g3) on the road in public transportation, listening mainly to rock and metal.
Is there a better option for this price?

Thanks alot!
The TK12 and TK13 and depending on more reviews the MaGoasi K1

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #1,394 of 31,834

I received Joyroom's E107 and E109 from Gearbest today.  I was confused when I saw the size of the package from DHL.  It amazes me how the Chinese companies manage to make a good-sounding IEM with packaging like this that makes it look more expensive than $9 with shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back