CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 23, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,233 of 31,833
Anybody know any legit vivo ex800 dealers?

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #1,235 of 31,833
  Has anyone tried Xiaomi Mi Capsule or any of the OnePlus IEMs (Icons, Bullets)? Next to no reviews on these anywhere. I'm after a budget pair with good SQ and very good comfort. Are Xiaomi Piston 3 a good choice for many different music genres? What about microphonics with these?

I tried the Piston Air (Capsules) and sold it after two weeks of usage. Fit was quite weird for my ears (if not revolutionary they said) and SQ as far as I can remember was no better than the Xiaomi Hybrids or even Piston 2.1s.

IMHO, Piston 3 is really comfy and lightweight. No major issues on microphonics as well. However, it might not be your first choice for an all-rounder IEM, imho.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,237 of 31,833
I have been looking at some IEM's from china lately. I have narrowed down my search to a couple of models and I would like some input on which IEM would be best for me. I use IEM's for mostly podcasts but when I listen to music it's a mix of Prog rock, Indie pop, Funk, Jazz, Rock, and maybe a little EDM, this is all being played from a Moto G 1st gen or a Sony Walkman MP3 player. My budget is around $25 USD the IEM's that have stood out to me are KZ ZS3, Tennmak Piano, Tennmak Pro, and Monoprice 8320. Is the price jump from ZS3's to Piano/Pro worth it? I'm also open to suggestions. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,238 of 31,833
  I have been looking at some IEM's from china lately. I have narrowed down my search to a couple of models and I would like some input on which IEM would be best for me. I use IEM's for mostly podcasts but when I listen to music it's a mix of Prog rock, Indie pop, Funk, Jazz, Rock, and maybe a little EDM, this is all being played from a Moto G 1st gen or a Sony Walkman MP3 player. My budget is around $25 USD the IEM's that have stood out to me are KZ ZS3, Tennmak Piano, Tennmak Pro, and Monoprice 8320. Is the price jump from ZS3's to Piano/Pro worth it? I'm also open to suggestions. 

it may be the shiny new toy phenom, but i'm currently enjoying the zs3 over the piano (which i slightly prefer to the pro)--the zs3 has more bass control. in any event, the differences are not cost-effective--all three are big-sounding with large soundstages.

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #1,239 of 31,833

it may be the shiny new toy phenom, but i'm currently enjoying the zs3 over the piano (which i slightly prefer to the pro)--the zs3 has more bass control. in any event, the differences are not cost-effective--all three are big-sounding with large soundstages.

May I ask where did you buy your zs3 and how long it took to arrive?

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #1,240 of 31,833

I find the Tennmak Pro a great all rounder with a BIG sound, and amazing soundstage (I prefer it's SS over my Dunu DN 1000 £130). it has very good overall detail and bass goes very low. Maybe also look at the DZAT DF10 which is another great all rounder. Both are very musical and fun.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,243 of 31,833

I find the Tennmak Pro a great all rounder with a BIG sound, and amazing soundstage (I prefer it's SS over my Dunu DN 1000 £130). it has very good overall detail and bass goes very low. Maybe also look at the DZAT DF10 which is another great all rounder. Both are very musical and fun.

Thanks!! I'm going to get the KV-ZS3 to start my journey in budget IEM's, since the Tennmak Pro is almost triple the price but it's on my list of IEM's to try.

Edit: After looking at some reviews and threads on the Tennmak pro, I am going to pickup the Tennmak pro instead of the KZ-ZS3. It's seems It's well worth the extra $$ over the KZ-ZS3.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,244 of 31,833
How do the Tennmak pro compare to the KZ-ZS3?

They are a level up from the zs3s. The zs3s are great value but the details in the mids of the pro are unreal. Add to that a fantastic soundstage and bass that digs deep and you have an amazing iem that has a true hifi sound imo.

If you like a really bright sound though they may not be for you.

Sep 24, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #1,245 of 31,833
They are a level up from the zs3s. The zs3s are great value but the details in the mids of the pro are unreal. Add to that a fantastic soundstage and bass that digs deep and you have an amazing iem that has a true hifi sound imo.

If you like a really bright sound though they may not be for you.

I don't necessarily want a bright pair of IEMs but I do like airyness and detail. Is the bass tighter on the zs3 or Tennmak? Is the highs more detailed on the zs3 or Tennmak? Anyone used the YHS 002? It's a 1DD+1BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back