CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 12, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #1,006 of 31,833
Okay thanks, I try it, take me some time to find a needle small enough and i'm not even certain it work properly...very small hole we talk about here.
Anyway, perhaps I hear I slight more clarity and roundness to the bass and deepness to soundstage but not sure, just know it still sound very good!

Making venting hole to some earphones is a commun mod and it look interesting.
I myself mod the xiaomi piston V2 and put off the grill and filter sponge and it give more clarity for sure.

Let me know how that works out for you, because the only thing I'm missing from my Pros is a bit more control in the lower end.

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,007 of 31,833
Okay, I will came back about this in no long!

Now i'm into the discovering of the Superlux HD381F....

Really love their earphones and this one is definetely MIDS centered as stated.
Need more listening to know if I prefer them to the HD381.

Cheers!

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #1,008 of 31,833
Just read your review of Somic V4s, good job as usual. Now I'm wishing I don't have other financial priorities 
frown.gif

One question, how does it stack up against Joyroom E107?

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #1,009 of 31,833
  Just read your review of Somic V4s, good job as usual. Now I'm wishing I don't have other financial priorities 
frown.gif

One question, how does it stack up against Joyroom E107?

Thanks mate, it encourage me to do more reviews...cause I feel its something that stay here for usefull reference.
Well, when I publish this review there where 20 pairs of these now there like 7 at this non sensikal 15 price tag.

To be honnest i'm not a big Joyroom E107 fan cause of there to small soundstage and kind of too polite foward soundsig.
But for you just now I listen back to back the two with some Marissa Nadler folk...
Well, the Somic are clearly from another league wich is why they impress me for their price, they hit way upper than it should, soundstage is way wider and deeper than the E107 as well as instruments placement and treble sparkle, mids are perhaps a little more fowards on the 107 but less clear and centered, more bass and details with the V4 too, more airy sound as well as thickness.
They are 3 times bigger than the Joyroom, but 3 times easier to drive too.

Hope it help!

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #1,010 of 31,833
Let me know how that works out for you, because the only thing I'm missing from my Pros is a bit more control in the lower end.

So I find a needle and the hole isn't block by glue, this mod is a little risky tough because look like the piece of glue can fall in the earshell and it worry me a little as it can result in potential sound damage....one side was okay as  the hole it pass trough the glue the other push the glue and i'm not sure it do not block the venting.

For bass and cleanest, the difference isn't night and day but yes, I feel their less vibration that interfer with bass clarity and a little little more air between instruments. I'll say their not a lot of risk to try this mod but just look well at what you do (if you have good eyes enough!). Don't push hard the needle and turn it gently instead.

If you do, please make a better sound comparaison than me cause I was listening other earphone when I do this.

Cheers!

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,011 of 31,833
Thanks mate, it encourage me to do more reviews...cause I feel its something that stay here for usefull reference.
Well, when I publish this review there where 20 pairs of these now there like 7 at this non sensikal 15 price tag.

To be honnest i'm not a big Joyroom E107 fan cause of there to small soundstage and kind of too polite foward soundsig.
But for you just now I listen back to back the two with some Marissa Nadler folk...
Well, the Somic are clearly from another league wich is why they impress me for their price, they hit way upper than it should, soundstage is way wider and deeper than the E107 as well as instruments placement and treble sparkle, mids are perhaps a little more fowards on the 107 but less clear and centered, more bass and details with the V4 too, more airy sound as well as thickness.
They are 3 times bigger than the Joyroom, but 3 times easier to drive too.

Hope it help!

Wow a league above my goto IEMs. Thanks for the comparison mate, I'll buy these as soon as I get my paycheck!

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,012 of 31,833
So I find a needle and the hole isn't block by glue, this mod is a little risky tough because look like the piece of glue can fall in the earshell and it worry me a little as it can result in potential sound damage....one side was okay as  the hole it pass trough the glue the other push the glue and i'm not sure it do not block the venting.

For bass and cleanest, the difference isn't night and day but yes, I feel their less vibration that interfer with bass clarity and a little little more air between instruments. I'll say their not a lot of risk to try this mod but just look well at what you do (if you have good eyes enough!). Don't push hard the needle and turn it gently instead.

If you do, please make a better sound comparaison than me cause I was listening other earphone when I do this.

Cheers!

Will do :D

Also pulled the trigger on those Somic earphones. I have no self control it seems... oh well, good sound awaits :p

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #1,013 of 31,833
Hehe, nice!

Sure you will not regret it, there no way to at this price especially if you DAP need more details.

Tell us you impressions once you get it...but with Gearbest it can take long long time!

Right now I listen to my Ownluxe A1 and they sound better on the ONN X5 because of his mids fowards soudsignature...still, they do not create big wow to me and I don't understand this buzz that they got...well, the look perhaps.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,014 of 31,833
Wow a league above my goto IEMs. Thanks for the comparison mate, I'll buy these as soon as I get my paycheck!

To my ears: Big YES.

What DAP do you use?

They do NOT like bright source or too analitycal one like the Ibasso dx90...they love DX80 and all Xduoo players.
I guess out of an ipod they will sound good because of the bass bump, was listening some electro with lot of low bass and they really impress me by what they can trow to you, it is not basshead bass but a very controlled one, like the E107 but on steroid, wich mean it is a muscle but polite bass at the same time. No distortion even at max volume.

I use now the memory foam tips with them, it make them less prompt to pup out of your ears wich war rare but possible.

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #1,016 of 31,833
Yeah, Benjie S5 is a great choice for DAP, as well as Xduoo X2.

Pretty sure it will be an excellent duo with the Somic cause they are very easy to drive.

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,017 of 31,833
Can anyone recommend a good IEM that meets this criteria?

1.  Under $25
2.  Has a mild V shape
3.  Won't break in a week
4.  Cable doesn't have awful microphonics.
5.  Has a microphone

I basically don't want super boomy bass or shrieking highs, but do want them to be a little bit of fun so not totally neutral/boring since I never use an IEM.

Some IEM's I've had for comparison:

- Steelseries flux (using) - something like this would probably be OK.  The cable microphonics are killing me though.  Any minor movement makes a ton of noise.
- Soundmagic E10 (using) - overall not too bad.  Nice cable, sound is OK, maybe just a touch light on bass for me.
- Vsonic GR02 (sold) - WAY too V shaped.  Hated these so much.
- Meelectronics M9 (broken) - not bad, a little too harsh on the highs for me
- Philips SH3590 (lost) - didn't really like these, just sounded distorted on highs and meh all around

I'm rotating between the SS Flux and Soundmagic E10 now.  Flux is probably closest in sound I like, but can't stand the cable.  Also need an extra pair for my mom who asked for a recommendation.

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #1,018 of 31,833
Can anyone recommend a good IEM that meets this criteria?

1.  Under $25
2.  Has a mild V shape
3.  Won't break in a week
4.  Cable doesn't have awful microphonics.
5.  Has a microphone

I basically don't want super boomy bass or shrieking highs, but do want them to be a little bit of fun so not totally neutral/boring since I never use an IEM.

Some IEM's I've had for comparison:

- Steelseries flux (using) - something like this would probably be OK.  The cable microphonics are killing me though.  Any minor movement makes a ton of noise.
- Soundmagic E10 (using) - overall not too bad.  Nice cable, sound is OK, maybe just a touch light on bass for me.
- Vsonic GR02 (sold) - WAY too V shaped.  Hated these so much.
- Meelectronics M9 (broken) - not bad, a little too harsh on the highs for me
- Philips SH3590 (lost) - didn't really like these, just sounded distorted on highs and meh all around

I'm rotating between the SS Flux and Soundmagic E10 now.  Flux is probably closest in sound I like, but can't stand the cable.  Also need an extra pair for my mom who asked for a recommendation.

Brainwavz Jive

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,019 of 31,833
Bro,
Tennmak Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back