CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 19, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #811 of 31,833
You only have to look how Amazon's review have been polluted with free sample reviews, most of the earphones are reviewed by people who's reviews are usually about toasters not earphones.

I was sent a pair of Banjos because I was less than flattering about a pair of Pros, they asked me to write a review about the Banjos after getting them. As much as I like the Banjos, there's no way I'd write a review unless I'd paid for them myself. I offered to send them back but they said I could keep them.

There are reviewers on here who aren't influenced by the free samples though, in fact I suspect some are a little over critical to remove any shadow of doubt over their objectivity. 

Brainwavz has sent me the Blu 200, S5 and Jives. Only got the 200 done so far and I gave an honest review, it's good but has issues. All 3 are solid though.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #813 of 31,833
OK, I couldn't resist. I've got a pair of the $25 Urbanfun on the way from Amazon. With that I'll have dynamic drivers, dual DD, balanced armature, and hybrid to play with. Other than stepping up in quality, is there any category I'm missing? 

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #814 of 31,833
  Posting here too...

I've been really happy with my AGPTEK B03 which is an export version of the Ruizu X02 with some different button configurations. It's got battery life for days. I got it for about $25 on U.S. Amazon. I think there's been a firmware update since I purchased mine but if it's not too different then it's easy to learn and use.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #815 of 31,833
  OK, I couldn't resist. I've got a pair of the $25 Urbanfun on the way from Amazon. With that I'll have dynamic drivers, dual DD, balanced armature, and hybrid to play with. Other than stepping up in quality, is there any category I'm missing? 

I just ordered the metallic green ones today to add to my collection. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

.....don't forget to add the "Auvio silicone tips" in your size, well worth it!

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #816 of 31,833
Brainwavz has sent me the Blu 200, S5 and Jives. Only got the 200 done so far and I gave an honest review, it's good but has issues. All 3 are solid though.

I was on the fence about the 200, haven't tried the S5, and love the Jive. Should have my review of them up soon. Really want to give the S5 a go. From the reviews I've read they seem like they would be a good earphone.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #817 of 31,833
I was on the fence about the 200, haven't tried the S5, and love the Jive. Should have my review of them up soon. Really want to give the S5 a go. From the reviews I've read they seem like they would be a good earphone.

Yeah the 200 to my ears have a weird non coherent sound even though it's one driver. Never had a Bluetooth headphone so also lacked that comparison. My girlfriend loves them so she uses them. The S5 I loved, great balance, pretty flat, very good details. Isolation is also amazing. Gave them to my buddy and he's enjoying them. The Jives I pulled off the burner after close to 75hrs and I was like hey these are better, felt a little not too engaging though, then I turned up the volume on my X3-ii and they came to life. Also did a freq sweep on my phone via YT and they played 5hz very well. Better than my T71 which are of course more balanced

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #818 of 31,833
Jul 20, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #819 of 31,833
Jul 20, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #822 of 31,833
Jul 20, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #824 of 31,833
crab, I got my A2S, they are good but OOTB no wow-effect for me. Certainly let them burn in for some time and use wide bore tips. Mine are still @ burn-in with W+P noise and playlist to follow. Will share my impressions soon. 

But I`m quite sure PM4 will be superior in every aspect over A2S. Please do compare those two for us :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back