CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 18, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #781 of 31,834
The **** UEs got a bad review? 
eek.gif

There's a few UEs so might be a different one. Both Maples and the Tennmak Pro are fairly bassy, at least to my preference, not in an excessive way though. 

I reckon the Swing IE800 would be the best low budget choice and the BK50s to blow the budget in one.

As you're a noob I reckon grab a pair of the Swings and a set of the VE Monks

Edit, this is the **** UES 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/****-ues/reviews/16035#comments-title

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #783 of 31,834
The **** UEs got a bad review? :eek:

There's a few UEs so might be a different one. Both Maples and the Tennmak Pro are fairly bassy, at least to my preference, not in an excessive way though. 

I reckon the Swing IE800 would be the best low budget choice and the BK50s to blow the budget in one.

Not a bad review haha. The others just seem more positive? But I'm a total noob so I can't really say. Maybe I'll get the BK50s. Couldnt really find much reviews about it

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #784 of 31,834
Looks like we can add the Simgot EN700 to the recommendations for sub $100. Sounds pretty great.

It's not a value buster like the XE800 at $27, but its a great vocal centric IEM with a hint of bass down low and a full treble extension. A mix of the old ostry kc06a and kc06 with a bit more detail, separation, and soundstage, all from one DD.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #785 of 31,834
The **** UEs got a bad review? :eek:

I'll be checking out the swings! Thanks so much for your help. If you're familiar with Audio Technica's IM70 (don't know if its even any good), would the swings be comparable in terms of sound?

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #786 of 31,834

Did you struggle alot to find a good fit with those RT10?
Have big attempt about these but feel their something wrong with the soundsignature...construction look meh too...
Soundstage is very big tough as well as the strange bass...feel this one need burn in, if not, well, it isn't good then.

Do you still have these? I've been listening to these again and I have to say I love the sound straight out of my iPhone. When I first put them in they sounded odd, I tried playing round with different tips and positions in my ear. Eventually I hit a sweet spot, bang transformed. Fit seems to be an issue with

Soundstage is huge, any reverb/echo is amplified slightly, and the imaging is one of the best I've heard. Bass is different to other IEMs, it seems to have layers this maybe in part to the big soundstage.

I'm not sure if this is all 'correct' in terms of audiophileness but really like what it does to my music.

Jul 19, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #787 of 31,834
I'll be checking out the swings! Thanks so much for your help. If you're familiar with Audio Technica's IM70 (don't know if its even any good), would the swings be comparable in terms of sound?

I've never heard the IM70s, in fact I've never heard many non chinese earphones, partly as I was a over ear man previously. There's a very positive write up on here on the IM70s, it describes the IM70 as ATs defacto flagship dynamic IEM. Heady praise indeed. 

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #790 of 31,834
I'm so sorry I can't seem to find the swings. The only result I get is Tennmak ie800. Theres a review of the swings but it's in japanese

Ah, they're not listed as Swing IE800 - I can't seem to create a search that brings them up. You know it's them as they say Swing on the top of them. 

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #791 of 31,834

No, not even close. They have different sound signatures as IM70 being much more balanced than the bassy Swing IE800.

Swing IE800 has too much bass and harsh treble so I gave it to my friend. If you like IM70 you should check CKR9 for an upgrade.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #792 of 31,834
On another note the K9 has turned up, the sound is the dogs danglies but the stability and interface is doggie doo doo. Mine crashes more than Pastor Maldonado, opening a dispute with the seller now.

Don't buy it, it's dreadful.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #793 of 31,834
Thanks for feedback, almost pulled trigger on K9.  But maybe You got bad unit?
rolleyes.gif
 I guess I should go for Ruizu X08... I`ve already had it and it sounded quite good and no crashes or problems whatsoever. Or is there another cheap good alternative to it?

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #794 of 31,834
The interface is garbage as well, awful. I'm not sure how they came up with such a crap design, it's a logical nightmare. 

The S5 was so good, I'm at a loss for words with this.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #795 of 31,834
  The interface is garbage as well, awful. I'm not sure how they came up with such a crap design, it's a logical nightmare. 

The S5 was so good, I'm at a loss for words with this.

Sheeeet if only you had posted this 24 hours earlier I wouldn't have ordered one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back