CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 13, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #680 of 31,833
So today DHL, Gearbest and Royal Mail had packages for me. 

Some were ones already but were just additional stock, however the new stuff is as follows: -

Rock Zircon Sport
Auglamour R1S
Sendiy Wood
Musicmaker TW1
Plextone BX240 - BT version of S50

Only had a quick listen to each and I'll post more details later. Not sure about the R1S as they seem a bit dark, but some might like this. The Zircon Sports seem the same as the normal Zircons. One pair of the Plextones has a bit of interference, the other is perfect same sound as S50.

Both the TW1 and Sendiy are excellent based on a little listen both have decent bass and details.

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #683 of 31,833
I'll post my thoughts later but initial impressions 

BK50 - silky smooth sound very refined

**** UES and IE800 - both have a slightly fuller bass, more aggressive, punchy.

The IE800 doesn't have the movement issue that the UES has when I smile or yawn. 

Think BK50 = [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Scarlett Johansson[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Whilst **** IE 800 is more Jennifer Lawrence[/color]

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #684 of 31,833
I'll post my thoughts later but initial impressions 

BK50 - silky smooth sound very refined

**** UES and IE800 - both have a slightly fuller bass, more aggressive, punchy.

The IE800 doesn't have the movement issue that the UES has when I smile or yawn. 

Think BK50 = Scarlett Johansson

Whilst **** IE 800 is more Jennifer Lawrence

thank you for the informations. congratulations for new acquisitions .

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #686 of 31,833
Thanks for the info and excellent review on Piano btw. After I receive my Pro, if I enjoy it, I will likely order a Piano to take to work.

Anyone know of any Sub-100$ DAC I can use with my Android and my PC rig?
I've heard about some cheap Sabre DACs and the Hifiman HM-10 (mentioned in this thread), but I was wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations or experiences.

RedJohn456 and WaynesWorld have some nice feedback on the Zuperdac and it's only $75. They even say it's capable of driving the Havi's so that's some nice power they got!

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #687 of 31,833
@RedJohn456 and @WaynesWorld have some nice feedback on the Zuperdac and it's only $75. They even say it's capable of driving the Havi's so that's some nice power they got!

@GodZeon  If you are looking for a device that will work with ur mobile device and computer, imo ZuperDAC is the way to go. HOWEVER, if most of your collection is comprised of BA iems, I would look elsewhere as I believe it has an output impedance of 4 ohms or thereabouts.

And Leo is spot on, the ZuperDAC and Havi combination is just sublime. If you plan to use dynamic driver iems without too low an impedance I would wholeheartedly recommend the ZuperDAC. And I believe it will work with iDevices with the apple CCK.

Seriously I find it ridiculous that this sound quality is accessible at 75 dollars. When I started in this hobby some time back I didn't have much in the way of options so I started with the SMSL M2. While I love that to bits, if I were starting now I would definitely get the ZuperDAC. Just note the aforementioned caveats :)

TL;DR - ZuperDAC is Bae <3

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #688 of 31,833
Havi B3 Pro 1
Ostry KC06
Tfz Series 5
are still my top 3 under $100

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #689 of 31,833
Thanks for the DAC recommendations guys.

Quote:
@RedJohn456 and @WaynesWorld have some nice feedback on the Zuperdac and it's only $75. They even say it's capable of driving the Havi's so that's some nice power they got!

TL;DR - ZuperDAC is Bae <3

Unfortunately for me, it appears that the production of these has been discontinued.. At least as far as I can tell. 

HRT DSP, Encore mDSD, and Dragonfly Black seem like decent options. I'll try to dig up some reviews on these.

SMSL makes some DAC options as well, but it appears they have a rep of QC issues.

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #690 of 31,833

Unfortunately for me, it appears that the production of these has been discontinued.. At least as far as I can tell. 

HRT DSP, Encore mDSD, and Dragonfly Black seem like decent options. I'll try to dig up some reviews on these.

SMSL makes some DAC options as well, but it appears they have a rep of QC issues.

Hmm it was still in the store last I checked so tis is weird. But yeah looks like its not on their site anymore.

I now own two SMSL products and I haven't had QC issues with them personally but YMMV. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back