CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 3, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #11,194 of 31,845
Fiio's new bluetooth earphones, FB1, with APT-X and AAC support.
content_842.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32880253946.html

Anyone had a chance to listen to it yet?

Jun 3, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #11,196 of 31,845
Hello! Did anyone test Yatian ARTISTE DC1 Hi-Res earphones with ceramic driver? They look very promising to become a new gem. Unfortunately for me all available reviews are in Chinese. These reviews are very positive, but I wasn't able to understand how do these earphones sound. One owner says they sound warm and another one says they are neutral. One says they are great for male vocals and another one prefers the female's. I'd like to know live impressions.
Specs: 32 Ohms, 20-40000 KHz, 103 db/mW, 13mm moving coil + 12 mm piezoelectric ceramic driver.

Did you ever try this Artiste DC1? It was mentioned in another thread today with a link to Amazon Uk. I liked the look of it so I have one arriving Tuesday.

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #11,197 of 31,845
Jun 4, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #11,198 of 31,845
Hi! I hope people here can help me. I am looking for BA or hybrid IEM with good crossover, fast response. I prefer neutral sound, but it can usually be fixed with EQ.

I listen to metal genres, fast, like Technical Death metal, progressive death metal. Usually cheaper dynamics make a mess out of it, they don't have the speed. The good examples are Augury, Beyond creation, archspire bands.

I also worry about crossover since dynamic and BA playing the same sound with BA doing it faster will make a mess of it.

I was looking towards Kz ZS10, but it's bass is slow. However, crossover seems to be proper. **** XBA-6in1, but looks like they don't have crossover and 15mm dyn can be slow.

Any advice?

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #11,199 of 31,845
Hi! I hope people here can help me. I am looking for BA or hybrid IEM with good crossover, fast response. I prefer neutral sound, but it can usually be fixed with EQ.

I listen to metal genres, fast, like Technical Death metal, progressive death metal. Usually cheaper dynamics make a mess out of it, they don't have the speed. The good examples are Augury, Beyond creation, archspire bands.

I also worry about crossover since dynamic and BA playing the same sound with BA doing it faster will make a mess of it.

I was looking towards Kz ZS10, but it's bass is slow. However, crossover seems to be proper. **** XBA-6in1, but looks like they don't have crossover and 15mm dyn can be slow.

Any advice?

BOSSHIFI B3

51YjCYqFCIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My set have no microphone so double check if you want a mic......

otherwise try the Urbanfun Hybrid
61TgxShVF8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

No crossovers but they both sound fairly clean.

$30+/-

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #11,200 of 31,845
BOSSHIFI B3

My set have no microphone so double check if you want a mic......

otherwise try the Urbanfun Hybrid

No crossovers but they both sound fairly clean.

$30+/-

+1 on both of those. Both are excellent IEMs for metal. And the B3 is a work of art.

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #11,201 of 31,845
Thanks, I will take a look. However, most reviews I have seen on BOSSHIFI are quite moderate.

Have anyone been using PMV A-01 MKII? I see some good reviews on them.

P.S. I am currently using Prology PL160 (or so it is labeled), single driver BA. Its probably far from the best, but I got it for 10 USD, so i have no right to complain. That was when I have understood I love BA sound. But yea, it lacks bass in most forms. And the sibilants are sometimes drilling my ear.

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #11,202 of 31,845
Did you ever try this Artiste DC1? It was mentioned in another thread today with a link to Amazon Uk. I liked the look of it so I have one arriving Tuesday.
I can't make my choice between this Artiste DC1 and Moondrop IX - retro-looking earphones with Daikoku driver and neutral sound signature. I didn't find any review on them, but the only impression found was very positive. And I will be glad to know your opinion about the DC1.
New-Moondrop-IX-In-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Headset-Retro-Copper-Metal-Earphone-Headset-Earplugs-Earbud-Free.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #11,203 of 31,845
Thanks, I will take a look. However, most reviews I have seen on BOSSHIFI are quite moderate.

Have anyone been using PMV A-01 MKII? I see some good reviews on them.

P.S. I am currently using Prology PL160 (or so it is labeled), single driver BA. Its probably far from the best, but I got it for 10 USD, so i have no right to complain. That was when I have understood I love BA sound. But yea, it lacks bass in most forms. And the sibilants are sometimes drilling my ear.
the bosshifi b3 is a very good rec for your stated criteria (i personally have seen only favorable reviews for them). the moni one would be the step up. the pmv is a vg iem but i wouldn't describe it as particularly neutral or fast--it has a warm syrupy low end

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #11,205 of 31,845
anyone ever tried to order from https://cryptoaudio.club?
Contact form doesn't work and absence of opinions about the shop combined with cryptocurrency payments only is worrying me.

They still have Tin Audio T515 which is these days nearly impossible to find (in Black, anyway).
lol looks too shady if i were you i would stay away from that site.
the website is definitely cheaply made using free tools
its security certificate expired 38 days ago lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back