CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 30, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #9,886 of 31,862
Regarding one of your older post but a bit lazy to search...water in the UK tends to be very hard at some areas...this can can irritate the skin especially the ears when changing tips... So you can try either to apply a filter on the shower... Which works great and help the hair a lot and/or use olive oil that helps also remove the wax naturally....you get it from Boots or pharmacy.. Hope this helps...

Interesting thought. We are in one of the worst limescale areas in the country. Live on a chalk cliff. In the States I washed my hair every day and it was always shiny. I can't do that here and I notice that most people in this town do not have shiny hair. I know it picks up the lime. When my daughter visited from the States she said her hair was being ruined.

We filter the water for tea and drinking. Maybe I should wash new tips with that before using. I just use them out of the box. I wonder what factory chemicals are on them.

hmmm...I should do a final rinse of my hair with the filtered water. We only have a bath not a shower.

How much more off topic can we get? lol

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #9,887 of 31,862
Interesting thought. We are in one of the worst limescale areas in the country. Live on a chalk cliff. In the States I washed my hair every day and it was always shiny. I can't do that here and I notice that most people in this town do not have shiny hair. I know it picks up the lime. When my daughter visited from the States she said her hair was being ruined.

We filter the water for tea and drinking. Maybe I should wash new tips with that before using. I just use them out of the box. I wonder what factory chemicals are on them.

hmmm...I should do a final rinse of my hair with the filtered water. We only have a bath not a shower.

Actually you should wash them...

And I said to throw away KZ zs10 star line if you get the same issue as mine

Apr 30, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #9,889 of 31,862
  • Graphene conducts electricity much better than copper. Graphene’s current density is 1,000,000 times greater than copper and its intrinsic mobility is 1,000 times more conductive than silicon.
  • Graphene conducts heat better than any other know material in thermal conductivity. Oddly, it actually shrinks when it is warmed and expands when it’s cooled. This fact makes graphene the only known example of what scientists call “an electrically conductive membrane”.
  • Graphene is fantastically good at electricity; its current density is 1,000,000 times greater than copper’s and its intrinsic mobility is 100 times greater than that of silicon. Electrons move through graphene with virtually no resistance and without mass. This means that graphene can carry electricity more efficiently, precisely and faster than any other material. It is anticipated that graphene will enable lithium batteries to have more than 10 times the electrical retention/capacity as anything presently in use.

So according to all these points.

We can have graphene diaphragm with graphene coil and graphene cable....

And with that a Tesla magnet...

Graphene is crazy

So why these company sell crappy silver cable for 1000$ when we can have graphene cable for same price

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #9,890 of 31,862
Hello, i am very happy right now with my TinAudio T2 except when it comes to isolation. Do you know earphones which sounds similar (or better :p) to the T2 with good (even excellent) sound isolation under 100$ please (i will do a 13h plane trip so i think i will need it) ? Thank you !

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #9,891 of 31,862

Get something like this ... Made a huge difference to us... The problem with the hard water is mainly on the skin and hair ... Off topic but yes clean the tips with filtered water!!!
http://www.pureshowers.co.uk/parago...LoEFheJp6415gfGlYeUMQkiVF0hlrNBgaAjpUEALw_wcB

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #9,892 of 31,862
Hello, i am very happy right now with my TinAudio T2 except when it comes to isolation. Do you know earphones which sounds similar (or better :p) to the T2 with good (even excellent) sound isolation under 100$ please (i will do a 13h plane trip so i think i will need it) ? Thank you !
moni one has a similar signature and is vg. the ibasso it01 is bassier but is the reigning current favorite <$100; for a much cheaper, but still worthwhile pick with good isolation and generally balanced signature go for the urbanfun hifi

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #9,893 of 31,862

Adding beer to hard water helps the hair washing. Here the type location: Chalk Cliff underneath Beer Head on the Wessex coast. From my presentation "The Geology of Beer".

wessex.jpg

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #9,894 of 31,862
I would assume that molded tips are made with a release agent, so they will pop out of the molds. So, unless KZ is washing the tips right after being formed...there's going to release agent chemicals on them, I should think.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #9,896 of 31,862

• So why these company sell ****ty silver cable for 1000$ when we can have graphene cable for same price

The reason you wont see Graphene cables is because the graphene coating on things we are discussing is 1 atom in thickness. If made thicker, you no longer have graphene as the bonds form a lattice instead of a chain and you have something between a carbon nanotube and graphite and it loses a lot of those wonderful properties that make Graphene interesting. They are indeed making wiring out of carbon nanotubes but the goal is to save weight for things like airliners as the conductive properties are similar to copper because the junctions between carbon nanotubes negate the advantages of tube itself. Basically current passing within the carbon nanotube faces less resistance than copper wire but current passing between carbon nanotubes faces a much higher resistance than copper so by the time you have 1000s of junctions in any length of wire it comes out about the same.

There is work being done to create a multi-stranded graphene wire but the graphene has to be uninterrupted for the length of the cable to retain its advantage over copper as again junctions are worse than copper. Imagine trying to make a cable out of a series of ribbons 1 atom thick and you have the challenge of graphene. I'm guessing that this will remain cost prohibitive as a headphone cable for the foreseeable future until methods of working with it improve.

Also, if you want to take advantage of graphene's wonderful transmission properties, it would require that it be hard wired to the player at one end and the drivers of the earphone at the other as junctions between metals and graphene often negate the gains.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #9,897 of 31,862
  • Graphene conducts electricity much better than copper. Graphene’s current density is 1,000,000 times greater than copper and its intrinsic mobility is 1,000 times more conductive than silicon.
  • Graphene conducts heat better than any other know material in thermal conductivity. Oddly, it actually shrinks when it is warmed and expands when it’s cooled. This fact makes graphene the only known example of what scientists call “an electrically conductive membrane”.
  • Graphene is fantastically good at electricity; its current density is 1,000,000 times greater than copper’s and its intrinsic mobility is 100 times greater than that of silicon. Electrons move through graphene with virtually no resistance and without mass. This means that graphene can carry electricity more efficiently, precisely and faster than any other material. It is anticipated that graphene will enable lithium batteries to have more than 10 times the electrical retention/capacity as anything presently in use.
So according to all these points.

We can have graphene diaphragm with graphene coil and graphene cable....

And with that a Tesla magnet...

Graphene is crazy

So why these company sell ****ty silver cable for 1000$ when we can have graphene cable for same price

Graphene is a material of the future and mass production is still not available. Like the first dynamic driver, or first balanced armature driver, or first copper cable graphene is going to introduce a drastic change without a doubt. It probably won't happen for at least a decade I'd say.
ORA headphones, if released, would be one of the first consumer products to utilize graphene - but I am very sceptical honestly, mostly due to upscaling production as well as price which will be insane compared to pretty much any high end DD of today and I just can't belive that they've priced them so low.

The funniest thing is that there are so many reports that are mentioning 'graphene' enhanced products and many of them include IEMs - which are, I guess, managing to fool people using graphene buzz word yet they are coating membranes with graphite spray (I don't have anything against graphite coated drivers other than the fact that companies are abusing the hole thing and expoiting unsuspecting people in the end).

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #9,898 of 31,862
Hi all,

Appreciate this is topic about IEMs but I only trust you and noone else so I post my question here. I have a big collection of IEMs (all your typical ones - couple TIN Audios, MEMT x5, Swing IE800, a bunch from KZ etc etc) and I have been using them with Cowon M2 as a DAP.

I am now looking for a new DAP and I am not even sure that it exists given my requirements:

Mandatory:
- Plays 24/96 FLAC
- Decent battery life (30 hours+... hard to accept anything worse after 90hrs Cowon M2)
- $150 max
- Doesn't require amp for sub-$50 chi-fi IEMs

Optional:
- Small
- Hardware buttons for volume, play/pause, previous/next

I hope you can recommend something!

Thanks, I count on your advice!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #9,899 of 31,862
I am now looking for a new DAP and I am not even sure that it exists given my requirements:

given the requirements - you are going to get a very short list. The Rockbox requirement really shortens the list. They have a list of compatible players which would likely be a good place to start.

I would have said Xduoo X3 but the battery life requirement probably kills it.

At the $150 price point, your best bet is going to be to research which players you are interested in and then keep an eye on the sale threads and see who puts one on the used market as you will get a lot more for your dollar than buying new.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #9,900 of 31,862
Hi @B9Scrambler

I have been taking a good time of reading in your site, and i am interested in getting an upgrade iem in a few months - after i sell my upcoming zs10. Maximum Would be 100$.

The ibasso was the only one that caught my attention untill i looked for the tfz's in your site.

Wich one do you recomend If i say this:

Having T2 in mind, i Would like, a more pronounced Bass response, equaly good mid range, maybe with a litle less upper mid(not really important), equaly good or better soundstage (super important) and i would'nt like to Loose the treble extension.

I see that the exclusive 3 is cheaper. The price counts Very much.

As i am looking for a Fun signature. I am leaning towards the exclusive 3, 5 and King. Mostly the 3 and 5.

Wich one Would you reccomend. I saw that you Said that exclusive 5 benefits from a good amp. I only have a cheap Fiio e70k.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back