CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 24, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #9,676 of 31,833
Wow, way to go Tin Audio! Now that's customer service!

I wonder how they got your shipping address?

Tin Audio sees all

all seeing.jpg

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #9,678 of 31,833
so yesterday I mailed Slater my broken T2s so he can play with and try to fix them and when I come home from work I find a package from china
I thought it was either the Rose North Forest or Xuelin IHIFI780 which were the only two AliExpress Sale orders I haven't yet received but to my surprise it was a a brand new set of TIN Audio T2s with a warranty card.

I never filed a claim and other than reporting it here, it was shocking in that my T2s just went out on me on Saturday as I was trying to make some custom radian ear molds for them
Kind of spooky but clearly impressive.
So if your monitoring this thread thanks TIN Audio!
I appreciate the replacement and will spend more time listening with these guys.
They sounded pretty good once I could find a tip that would keep them in my ears which most likely will be the Spinfits or the Tenmark Whirlwinds

i think it's the work of headfi santa that also found @paulindss missing earphones :santa:

for fit, i like the spinfit on the T2, but Soundwise to me it kinda choked the treble a bit. not much, but it bugs me because i noticed it. wide bore with mod is the way to go for me.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #9,680 of 31,833
Wow, way to go Tin Audio! Now that's customer service!

I wonder how they got your shipping address?
Did not work in my case. My AE dealer let me know I will have to send mine to China for repair...because I had them for more than four months.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #9,681 of 31,833
Thanks i'll keep an eye on it. That's quite the discount you got. Right now, the ep 51 is listed for $30, and the 52 is $45.

If i can ask, whats the best place to get coupons and discount codes? Gearbest seems like it's always running a sale and hard to keep up with.

Yeah, the Meizu EP51 is the old model. It's decent, but the new model introduces some nice improvements. If you need those improvements for the extra cost, that's up to you.

The lowest I've ever seen the EP51 is $15-$16. The lowest I've seen the EP52 is about $25. The EP52 is well worth the cost if you can score it for $30 or under.

The EP51:
  • Has BT 4.0 w/aptX (Qualcomm CSR8645 chipset)
  • Uses 8.6mm drivers
  • 6hr battery life
  • IPX4 waterproof
  • Nano-coated against sweat
  • Uses proprietary eartips.
  • The (magnetic) earpieces are also larger and bulkier and may not fit everyone.
  • The design is the "2 earpieces connected together by a wire" type. The battery/controls "dangles" from your ears, which not everyone likes.

The EP52:
  • Has BT 4.1 w/aptX (Qualcomm CSR8645 chipset)
  • Uses larger and better sounding 10mm bio-fiber drivers
  • 8hr battery life (with automatic power shutoff)
  • IPX5 waterproof
  • Uses standard eartips (allowing you to tip roll with any eartips you want).
  • The (magnetic) earpieces are much smaller and fit IN the ear, vs hanging out of the ear like the EP51. The design is a "neckband" type, where the neckband rests around your neck and includes the battery and controls. The only thing going to your ears is the earpieces. It's a much more balanced and comfortable design IMO.
As far as sales:
  • You can wait for Gearbest flash sales, which happen regularly.
  • You can keep your eyes out for coupon codes in the Gearbest thread (https://bit.ly/2Hv2Bg8)
  • You can find codes on websites like hot-china-dealz.com and couponsfromchina.com
  • Often you can get better prices on other websites, such as (just to name a few):
    • ebay
    • Amazon
    • Aliexpress
    • Taobao (must find an agent)
    • DealExtreme
    • FastTech
    • BangGood (who thinks of these names!?)
    • TMart
    • Geekbuying
    • DHgate
    • Wish
    • JoyBuy
Another option is to buy the 2-pin TRN bluetooth adapter (there's a cheaper version with no aptX and a version with aptX for a few dollars more). Then you can use the TRN cable with any 2-pin KZ IEM. The TRN adapter is a "neckband" style, just like the Meizu EP52. This would give you a more versatile setup. However, you'll end up spending over your budget, and the KZ IEMs are questionable as far as waterproof/sweatproof.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #9,682 of 31,833
i think it's the work of headfi santa that also found @paulindss missing earphones :santa:

for fit, i like the spinfit on the T2, but Soundwise to me it kinda choked the treble a bit. not much, but it bugs me because i noticed it. wide bore with mod is the way to go for me.

Hmmm, @paulindss is a different Santa than Tin Audio's magic address-locating Santa.

@paulindss's was a drunken stupor Santa LOL

drunksanta.gif

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #9,683 of 31,833
Hmmm, @paulindss is a different Santa than Tin Audio's magic address-locating Santa.

@paulindss's was a drunken stupor Santa LOL

The Santa spirit regreted, and decided on giving back my cm5s and manipulating the chinese souls of tin audio to give a present before the date for @oneula. It's a compensation for manipulating my poor soul on drinking and loosing things. This is what i call moral hangover !

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #9,684 of 31,833
Yeah, the Meizu EP51 is the old model. It's decent, but the new model introduces some nice improvements. If you need those improvements for the extra cost, that's up to you.

The lowest I've ever seen the EP51 is $15-$16. The lowest I've seen the EP52 is about $25. The EP52 is well worth the cost if you can score it for $30 or under.

The EP51:
  • Has BT 4.0 w/aptX (CSR8645 chipset)
  • Uses 8.6mm drivers
  • 6hr battery life
  • IPX4 waterproof
  • Uses proprietary eartips.
  • The (magnetic) earpieces are also larger and bulkier and may not fit everyone.
  • The design is the "2 earpieces connected together by a wire" type. The battery/controls "dangles" from your ears, which not everyone likes.

The EP52:
  • Has BT 4.1 w/aptX (CSR8645 chipset)
  • Uses larger and better sounding 10mm bio-fiber drivers
  • 8hr battery life (with automatic power shutoff)
  • IPX5 waterproof
  • Uses standard eartips (allowing you to tip roll with any eartips you want).
  • The (magnetic) earpieces are much smaller and fit IN the ear, vs hanging out of the ear like the EP51. The design is a "neckband" type, where the neckband rests around your neck and includes the battery and controls. The only thing going to your ears is the earpieces. It's a much more balanced and comfortable design IMO.
As far as sales:
  • You can wait for Gearbest flash sales, which happen regularly.
  • You can keep your eyes out for coupon codes in the Gearbest thread (https://bit.ly/2Hv2Bg8)
  • You can find codes on websites like hot-china-dealz.com and couponsfromchina.com
  • Often you can get better prices on other websites, such as:
    • ebay
    • Amazon
    • Aliexpress
    • Taobao (must find an agent)
    • DealExtreme
    • FastTech
    • BangGood
    • TMart
    • Geekbuying
    • DHgate
    • Wish
    • JoyBuy
    • DXSoul
Another option is to buy the 2-pin TRN bluetooth adapter (there's a cheaper version with no aptX and a version with aptX for a few dollars more). Then you can use the TRN cable with any 2-pin KZ IEM. The TRN adapter is a "neckband" style, just like the Meizu EP52. This would give you a more versatile setup. However, you'll end up spending over your budget, and the KZ IEMs are questionable as far as waterproof/sweatproof.

Hope that helps.

That's an awesome write up and i really appreciate that! Sounds like i really need to wait for an ep52 sale! I'll check out the sites you listed and see what i can find. Again, greatly appreciated!

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #9,686 of 31,833
Anyone else enjoying their ZS10s?
Yup, $31 extremely well spent. It's also my first KZ, which is surprising considering how long I've been lurking this and the KZ thread

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #9,687 of 31,833
Yup, $31 extremely well spent. It's also my first KZ, which is surprising considering how long I've been lurking this and the KZ thread

Ok, wasn't sure if i just have weird taste, though I'm still pretty sure I do. It's one of my favorites atm mid-bass and sub-bass is okay but everything else is where I want it to be, I definitely still pull out my IT01 for more bass (also bought KZ ATE, popped em in, straight to the drawer, very redundant for what I own) and enjoy it(both IT01 and ZS10) more than the T2 but still prefer the T2 for classic rock and TV/Movie, personal preference, not the biggest fan of neutral tuning but definitely has its use. Benched my CM5 for the time being but we'll see how it pans out. Also got a **** pt15, which I'm just loving. Only earbuds I've owned for years and I'm definitely looking to see what higher end buds can do.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #9,688 of 31,833
Ok, wasn't sure if i just have weird taste, though I'm still pretty sure I do. It's one of my favorites atm mid-bass and sub-bass is okay but everything else is where I want it to be, I definitely still pull out my IT01 for more bass (also bought KZ ATE, popped em in, straight to the drawer, very redundant for what I own) and enjoy it(both IT01 and ZS10) more than the T2 but still prefer the T2 for classic rock and TV/Movie, personal preference, not the biggest fan of neutral tuning but definitely has its use. Benched my CM5 for the time being but we'll see how it pans out. Also got a **** pt15, which I'm just loving. Only earbuds I've owned for years and I'm definitely looking to see what higher end buds can do.
The **** pt15 really is a thing of beauty; it has to be up there in terms of value per dollar. A pair of metal housed earbuds with a silver mmcx cable for $11 is pretty mind blowing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back