CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 24, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #9,663 of 31,833
So I've been away from the ChiFi world for some time now, and while I have done my reading, I haven't found out what are the go-to IEM's under 100$ in 2018.

At the moment I'm looking at the Tin Audio T2 for 30€, Whizzer A15 for 50€, MagaOsi K3 Pro 71€, TFZ King 81€ or the VSonic GR07 classic for 84€.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #9,664 of 31,833
I have a strong feeling this could be a hit, a benchmark for sub-100$ earphones.

seems that SEMKARCH really is co-developed with LZ, though no idea how far the collaboration goes. if LZ allows them to tag their branding on it, should be quite good. A toned-down A5 for the sub $100 market?

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #9,665 of 31,833
seems that SEMKARCH really is co-developed with LZ, though no idea how far the collaboration goes. if LZ allows them to tag their branding on it, should be quite good. A toned-down A5 for the sub $100 market?

SEMKARCH first impression from japanese buyer
https://twitter.com/headphone_metal/status/988750915187298304?s=19
C4dBdj3wMBWL_ywxb-mqJELSPrlXpXY_9N_Db9eeaHvOgQV3xP-S2Xkhr2emhVOhXFXWknKecEV3AAUExQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

which one is that iem(burnt orange transparent one)

its toneking tk2,
sorry, i wrongly mentioned it as k5

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #9,666 of 31,833
Well....
Go try ORA....

It gave my Audeze LCD4 and Old SenHD800 some harsh beating...

This is my cousin's word...

He had my pairs and is living in Montreal...

Well it cannot match the ambience of both the pairs, but its sound is something no open back and close back can achieve right now..

It is going challenge focal utopia...

Well I haven't tried, but please, if somebody tries it, compare it with TOTL headphones

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #9,667 of 31,833
Well....
Go try ORA....

It gave my Audeze LCD4 and Old SenHD800 some harsh beating...

This is my cousin's word...

He had my pairs and is living in Montreal...

Well it cannot match the ambience of both the pairs, but its sound is something no open back and close back can achieve right now..

It is going challenge focal utopia...

Well I haven't tried, but please, if somebody tries it, compare it with TOTL headphones
ORA?

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #9,669 of 31,833
Meizu EP52 all the way man.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/meizu-ep52.22763/#comment-289

I have a few other bluetooth IEMs (including the Awei A920BL Pro, multiple KZ BT cables, an Xiaomi universal adapter, etc). I use the Meizu more than any of them (in fact I used it today to watch Netflix on my phone while waiting for my daughter at the Dr.'s office). Awei has dozens and dozens of bluetooth IEMs, but I have been severly unimpressed with everything Awei I've ever heard/tried (including wired IEMs).

I appreciate the suggestion but the 52's are almost double what i was hoping to spend. I've read up on them and they do seem to have really good reviews!

Thanks for the feedback on Awei. Seems like a few ppl have said they don't make good products.

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #9,670 of 31,833
I appreciate the suggestion but the 52's are almost double what i was hoping to spend. I've read up on them and they do seem to have really good reviews!

Thanks for the feedback on Awei. Seems like a few ppl have said they don't make good products.

I paid $26.99 for mine (with coupon from Gearbest); right near the budget you mentioned. It goes on sale regularly.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #9,673 of 31,833
so yesterday I mailed Slater my broken T2s so he can play with and try to fix them and when I come home from work I find a package from china
I thought it was either the Rose North Forest or Xuelin IHIFI780 which were the only two AliExpress Sale orders I haven't yet received but to my surprise it was a a brand new set of TIN Audio T2s with a warranty card.

I never filed a claim and other than reporting it here, it was shocking in that my T2s just went out on me on Saturday as I was trying to make some custom radian ear molds for them
Kind of spooky but clearly impressive.
So if your monitoring this thread thanks TIN Audio!
I appreciate the replacement and will spend more time listening with these guys.
They sounded pretty good once I could find a tip that would keep them in my ears which most likely will be the Spinfits or the Tenmark Whirlwinds

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #9,674 of 31,833
so yesterday I mailed Slater my broken T2s so he can play with and try to fix them and when I come home from work I find a package from china
I thought it was either the Rose North Forest or Xuelin IHIFI780 which were the only two AliExpress Sale orders I haven't yet received but to my surprise it was a a brand new set of TIN Audio T2s with a warranty card.

I never filed a claim and other than reporting it here, it was shocking in that my T2s just went out on me on Saturday as I was trying to make some custom radian ear molds for them
Kind of spooky but clearly impressive.
So if your monitoring this thread thanks TIN Audio!
I appreciate the replacement and will spend more time listening with these guys.
They sounded pretty good once I could find a tip that would keep them in my ears which most likely will be the Spinfits or the Tenmark Whirlwinds

Wow, way to go Tin Audio! Now that's customer service!

I wonder how they got your shipping address?

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #9,675 of 31,833
I paid $26.99 for mine (with coupon from Gearbest); right near the budget you mentioned. It goes on sale regularly.

Thanks i'll keep an eye on it. That's quite the discount you got. Right now, the ep 51 is listed for $30, and the 52 is $45.

If i can ask, whats the best place to get coupons and discount codes? Gearbest seems like it's always running a sale and hard to keep up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back