CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 18, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #9,421 of 31,833
Nice!

Are those the L or S body version?

Be sure to try some KZ Starline tips, as the stock tips are rubbish.

They are large, pretty sure its S. As a bigger one would'nt fit in human ears, lol.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #9,422 of 31,833
They are large, pretty sure its S. As a bigger one would'nt fit in human ears, lol.

Nice.

Yeah, Im kind of surprised they even bothered making the S size. I didn't really see a problem with the L size as it is (perhaps a small child or little person or something). There are definitely larger IEMs out there.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #9,423 of 31,833
Nice.

Yeah, Im kind of surprised they even bothered making the S size. I didn't really see a problem with the L size as it is (perhaps a small child or little person or something). There are definitely larger IEMs out there.

Oh sorry. I mistyped. "I am pretty sure its L, as a bigger one..."

And i will do a tip Rolling when i reach home, I received them today and took them with me to college. The Bass is here, but i am 100% sure i did'nt got a good fit. Sometimes the mid range surpasses the Bass. I put small tips because the shell is already big in my ears. But they don't Seal like the zs3. A bigger tip is needed.

Edit: measurents on these Would be nice, Just saying... Haha

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #9,424 of 31,833
They have replaced the cable i think from the start of this year as the old one was turning green. I also understood they are trying to fix the loose connection issue but i don't know. They have a Facebook page as mentioned before i guess you can ask them. They replied to my questions within a day. Here is my pair bought in February with the new cable which has the L and R signs on. Also with the hybrid (silicon foam) Symbio tips. I found them a bit hard but provide excellent isolation.
More impressions on the symbio tips?

Having foam inside the silicon cover to make a hybrid tip seems like a really good idea. Although looking at ebay, $15 for 1 pair is a STEEP price for some ear tips

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #9,425 of 31,833
Apr 18, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #9,426 of 31,833
After getting the right fit with UiiSii cm5. I wonder, anyone here has ibasso it01 and cm5 ? The cm5 have a DD of graphene as well. As the "balanced" Fun tuning. I don't want to believe they sound on the same league. But after Reading a little of it01. I Wonder If they share any similarities.

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #9,427 of 31,833
Spent today listening to the TY HI-Z HE 150PROs and I'll have to eat my early words.
Even though they are buds they do sound better on my V30 and Plenue D (unamped) than my TIN Audio T1 and LKER i8 with spinfit or comply tips.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #9,428 of 31,833
More impressions on the symbio tips?

Having foam inside the silicon cover to make a hybrid tip seems like a really good idea. Although looking at ebay, $15 for 1 pair is a STEEP price for some ear tips
Well i haven't got them long enough.. Am also not an expert on acoustics and all.. So my first remarks are the foam inside is not as soft as normal foam tips. They seem custom made with no air in between the silicone and foam. To wear them you need to hold them in your ear for 10sec or so. After that they stay in place and isolation is excellent . The sound dampens becomes warmer somehow at least to my ears. Bass due to excellent isolation is great. Not the most comfortable tips for sure. Anyway got them from eBay for $15 for three pairs(2 large 1 medium ) steep but at least i haven't got useless small ones. @dhruvmeena96 can possibly explain more on how they work.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #9,429 of 31,833
After getting the right fit with UiiSii cm5. I wonder, anyone here has ibasso it01 and cm5 ? The cm5 have a DD of graphene as well. As the "balanced" Fun tuning. I don't want to believe they sound on the same league. But after Reading a little of it01. I Wonder If they share any similarities.

Cm5 is great but It01 is noticeably better than the cm5. More extension both ways, especially sub-bass, and higher resolution/clarity all the way throughout. Both are similar in that they have fun signatures and i use them both without hesitation.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #9,430 of 31,833
Well i haven't got them long enough.. Am also not an expert on acoustics and all.. So my first remarks are the foam inside is not as soft as normal foam tips. They seem custom made with no air in between the silicone and foam. To wear them you need to hold them in your ear for 10sec or so. After that they stay in place and isolation is excellent . The sound dampens becomes warmer somehow at least to my ears. Bass due to excellent isolation is great. Not the most comfortable tips for sure. Anyway got them from eBay for $15 for three pairs(2 large 1 medium ) steep but at least i haven't got useless small ones. dhruvmeena96 can possibly explain more on how they work.

At least add @ before my name lol.

Symbol tips, well....

They isolate better than all tip, including comply and spinfit.

They are well a little tough to wear.

These are not normal foam but injected memory foam, so they can take shape easier than normal foamies and silicon avoids loss of treble.

But the real magic is behind its science.

First of all, it isolates way better and if you are armature guy( 64audio u18t)... There will be more than enough isolation to destroy noise cancellation guru Sony 1000x.

Second, due to isolation, the subbass rises... Giving the midBass some linearity and making sound a touch lukewarm.

Magic happens in mids and treble actually.

Due to wide bore, it tends to open up soundstage, and foamies dampen, or mass loads the silicon tips, which in turn doesn't let weird vibration, wrong bone conduction to happen. Thinner wider bore silicon sounds shrill compared to KZ star line which is thicker one or Sony xb series isolation tips was best among the narrow bore, due to its weight.

These tips actually

Isolates+mass load+wide bore.

Resulting in warmer, open sound.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #9,431 of 31,833
Spent today listening to the TY HI-Z HE 150PROs and I'll have to eat my early words.
Even though they are buds they do sound better on my V30 and Plenue D (unamped) than my TIN Audio T1 and LKER i8 with spinfit or comply tips.

Sure wish more chifi earbuds had 2 pin or MMCX. It's crazy that even some of the $200+ ones use the same shell and no removable cable. Really limits my buying options.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #9,432 of 31,833
At least add @ before my name lol.

Symbol tips, well....

They isolate better than all tip, including comply and spinfit.

They are well a little tough to wear.

These are not normal foam but injected memory foam, so they can take shape easier than normal foamies and silicon avoids loss of treble.

But the real magic is behind its science.

First of all, it isolates way better and if you are armature guy( 64audio u18t)... There will be more than enough isolation to destroy noise cancellation guru Sony 1000x.

Second, due to isolation, the subbass rises... Giving the midBass some linearity and making sound a touch lukewarm.

Magic happens in mids and treble actually.

Due to wide bore, it tends to open up soundstage, and foamies dampen, or mass loads the silicon tips, which in turn doesn't let weird vibration, wrong bone conduction to happen. Thinner wider bore silicon sounds shrill compared to KZ star line which is thicker one or Sony xb series isolation tips was best among the narrow bore, due to its weight.

These tips actually

Isolates+mass load+wide bore.

Resulting in warmer, open sound.

Which exact tips are Your guys talking about? Link please. I have over 40 tips in my S-size collection (for my ears) and would like to add them if they are that good as said.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #9,433 of 31,833
Cm5 is great but It01 is noticeably better than the cm5. More extension both ways, especially sub-bass, and higher resolution/clarity all the way throughout. Both are similar in that they have fun signatures and i use them both without hesitation.

Yeah, I dunno. IT01 without a doubt has stronger bass, the bass is just fantastic but I feel like the CM5 is competitive with the iBassos in other areas and I prefer the CM5 over IT01 for more genres and just general movies/tv. They're both fantastic though but anything that has a good amount of bass, treble and vocal going on simultaneously (like 70s-90s rock) the CM5 just seems to pull ahead of the bassos at least in my opinion, something about how well it separates the different elements of a song really gets me.

I really hope it wasn't a fluke for UiiSii and they can come up with a higher end version with removable cables and a less weird look. From what I've read all their other stuff is just meh

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #9,434 of 31,833

Yeah, I dunno. IT01 without a doubt has stronger bass, the bass is just fantastic but I feel like the CM5 is competitive with the iBassos in other areas and I prefer the CM5 over IT01 for more genres and just general movies/tv. They're both fantastic though but anything that has a good amount of bass, treble and vocal going on simultaneously (like 70s-90s rock) the CM5 just seems to pull ahead of the bassos at least in my opinion, something about how well it separates the different elements of a song really gets me.

I really hope it wasn't a fluke for UiiSii and they can come up with a higher end version with removable cables and a less weird look. From what I've read all their other stuff is just meh

Thx guys. I confirmed my feeling that the ibasso Would be a Sweet spot for me. And i am quite impressed with your respect on cm5.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #9,435 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back