CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #9,391 of 31,833
Aaaand... why then most ppl "fanboy" T2 instead A65 ? Fidue has much better customer support and QC also.
Btw, point-to-point attached wires are technically superior to mmcx and when taken care properly, it will outlast mmcx connectors (which have much more issues).
Because on the Ali sales (anniversary and 11/11) the T2 dropped to ~30$, and so a lot of head-fiers got them, while the Fidue never got so popular. Also, the Fidue are much older than the T2 (at least in chi-fi years), and we all know how we are attracted to newer, shinier things

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #9,392 of 31,833
Hey guys, can you help me?
I'm looking for the best bang for the buck 3.5mm to 3.5mm chi-fi cables. i just need proper sound, good strain reliefs and small connectors (like the ones in Beats headphones cables).
Anyone know any good ones in the budget of 2-3$?
s-l225.jpg

Thanks!

Check out Ugreen AE store. Very good quality and customer care, excellent ratings all around. I always buy cables from them.
Edit: spelling.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #9,393 of 31,833
In general I like the bass and sub bass behavior from IEMs with micro drivers. I was expecting to get something that would have the pleasant bass of a micro driver design combined with the spacious of a BA but was a bit disappointed. The bass is big as in BIG and boomy but it surprisingly doesn't interfere into the mids often so guitars and vocals generally sound nice. It also has a reasonably smooth midrange and treble. That's the only reason I didn't discard them into the there's better pile. I really hate recessed mids and upper bass from many fun tunings but these aren't those. If you're the type who likes to add a bit of bass but would never tell your audiophile friends then these can be your guilty secret. These are not bass head IEMs. The nice mids and highs are just that, nice. They're a good sounding under $50 item but I prefer the Yersen Hybrid I recently received and from comments I think folks prefer TRN V20 although I think that the Yersen goes lower into the sub bass and makes a more satisfying rumble by sacrificing a bit of mid bass and sound at least as good across the rest of the spectrum than the V20.

If those others didn't exist I'd say they're a good choice if you want something without the extreme V of the typical fun tuning found in this category. But with the other 2 choices coming in closer to $25 than the $35 for the Azalea I can't recommend them.
I asked because I saw it on Amazon for $25.99. I'm going to pass, anyway.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #9,394 of 31,833
Always liked the small companies that make good products and trying to get better. To me Tin Audio is one of them.So apparently they pay attention to this forum as well. They have a page on Facebook that i follow. In regard to the problem with the T2 MMCX HungryPanda mentioned earlier they posted the following....

Tinaudio
HI buddies recently noticed the problem of the T2 MMCX changeover interface.
Although there is very little probability ,The MMCX interface is used to replace the cable. Do not dial out frequently when you do not change the cable. Of course, this is the common shortcoming of MMCX. We will replace the better MMCX interface in the next batch of headphones. Thank you all.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #9,395 of 31,833
Ugh, I'm such a sucker whenever something is advertised for using "Japanese" parts. Trust me, I know it doesn't really change much most of the time.

I'll probably grab a Rose North sometime soon.Would love to heat @CoiL 's impressions once he gets them though

Me too....
Anime Buddies

Well have you tried Sony MDR R1...

That had Japanese coil.
Well Japanese coil has lower peak in impedance, have tight tolerance and inductance is linear.

Well that are standards of Japanese.

Rubidium is another factor, as it is a higher class than ferric magnet and sometimes neodymium magnet.

And this all in real sounded smooth and resolving.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #9,396 of 31,833
I asked because I saw it on Amazon for $25.99. I'm going to pass, anyway.
Another case where the Amazon price is lower, by $10, than the direct from Asia price. At about the same price as the Yersen FEN-2000 or the TRN V20 and with quick Amazon Prime delivery they become a more favorable purchase. I'd still buy one of the two others though.

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #9,398 of 31,833
I purchased my SoundMAGIC E10 through Massdrop for about half what I'd pay to get them from Amazon. At $20 they're OK but I personally find the Yersen FEN-2000 or TRN V20 to be about the same price and much better tuned. However if you're looking for a fun tuning style then they aren't a bad choice.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #9,399 of 31,833
I purchased my SoundMAGIC E10 through Massdrop for about half what I'd pay to get them from Amazon. At $20 they're OK but I personally find the Yersen FEN-2000 or TRN V20 to be about the same price and much better tuned. However if you're looking for a fun tuning style then they aren't a bad choice.
Even nicehck bro is better...

But I like soundmagic to be more euphorically addictive in fun.

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #9,400 of 31,833
Another case where the Amazon price is lower, by $10, than the direct from Asia price. At about the same price as the Yersen FEN-2000 or the TRN V20 and with quick Amazon Prime delivery they become a more favorable purchase. I'd still buy one of the two others though.

Is there anywhere to still purchase the Yersen Fen 2k? Seem to be discontinued on AE...

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #9,401 of 31,833
Is there anywhere to still purchase the Yersen Fen 2k? Seem to be discontinued on AE...

with 96.6% Positive feedback
http://s.aliexpress.com/iy2IrAvY?fromSns=Hangouts
or
http://s.aliexpress.com/uAVbm226?fromSns=Hangouts
or
http://s.aliexpress.com/632uae2e?fromSns=Hangouts

new stuff on ae,
single Carbon Nanotube diaphragm DD iem.

8021322767129396987%253Faccount_id%253D67

1. Product Name: SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 In Ear Earphone
2. Model: SKC-CNT1
3. Drive unit: Single 10mm Carbon Nanotube (CNT) diaphragm high dynamic drive unit
4. Type: In-ear
6. Impedance: 32Ω
7. Earphone sensitivity:108 ±1 dB
8. Frequency range: 10-26000Hz
9. Total harmonic distortion > 0.2%
10.Rated power: 5mW
11.Executive Standard: CTIA International standards, IECQ
12.Earphone plug: 3.5mm
13.Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
14.Weight: 20g
15.Color:Gray
16.Earphone plug type: Slant Type
17.Whether with mic: No
18.Interface Type: MMCX Connector
19.Whether with cable: Yes
20.Earphone category: HIFI, Monitor
21.Applicable type of music: Classical symphonic concert

PS>>
SEMKARCH is a new brand of LZ (LaoZhong) HIFI Audio company,
Like the LZ A2/A3/A4/A5 the SKC-CNT1 is tuned by the same tuner LaoZhong.
SKC-CNT1 uses 10mm carbon nanotube (CNT) diaphragm high dynamic drive unit, the sound is so amazing, which is a pleasure!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #9,402 of 31,833
with 96.6% Positive feedback
http://s.aliexpress.com/iy2IrAvY?fromSns=Hangouts
or
http://s.aliexpress.com/uAVbm226?fromSns=Hangouts
or
http://s.aliexpress.com/632uae2e?fromSns=Hangouts

new stuff on ae,
single Carbon Nanotube diaphragm DD iem.

8021322767129396987%253Faccount_id%253D67

1. Product Name: SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 In Ear Earphone
2. Model: SKC-CNT1
3. Drive unit: Single 10mm Carbon Nanotube (CNT) diaphragm high dynamic drive unit
4. Type: In-ear
6. Impedance: 32Ω
7. Earphone sensitivity:108 ±1 dB
8. Frequency range: 10-26000Hz
9. Total harmonic distortion > 0.2%
10.Rated power: 5mW
11.Executive Standard: CTIA International standards, IECQ
12.Earphone plug: 3.5mm
13.Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
14.Weight: 20g
15.Color:Gray
16.Earphone plug type: Slant Type
17.Whether with mic: No
18.Interface Type: MMCX Connector
19.Whether with cable: Yes
20.Earphone category: HIFI, Monitor
21.Applicable type of music: Classical symphonic concert

PS>>
SEMKARCH is a new brand of LZ (LaoZhong) HIFI Audio company,
Like the LZ A2/A3/A4/A5 the SKC-CNT1 is tuned by the same tuner LaoZhong.
SKC-CNT1 uses 10mm carbon nanotube (CNT) diaphragm high dynamic drive unit, the sound is so amazing, which is a pleasure!

more impressions plz how is soundstage and bass, vocals.. does it have big soundstage.. and are the instruments accurate? thanks

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #9,403 of 31,833
Just received my TRN V20 yesterday got them during the anniversary sale. First initial impressions: Sound signature similar to my KZ ZST's but with a little more bass and vocal resolution/detail seems to be better by a smidge. I find the ZS6 to be too bright for anything other than low volume listening. I had already purchased them before the graph was posted but was pleasantly surprised the treble peak around 10-12K was about where I like my treble for normal everyday listening.

So to see if what I was hearing made sense, looked at some graphs from audiobudget, it matches my subjective hearing. I could have pulled out my measurement mic, but just easier to look for existing measurements.

Comfort is good, I put the kZ starline tips on mine because the included tips don't work very well for my ears. The type they included I tend to fight with either to get a proper seal or the seal is off between left and right ears.
Cable is nice, there is some microphonics but not as bad as the ZST.
The memory plastic on the cable is curled too much for my liking, I really like the UiiSii CM5 ear loops the best out of all the budget buys.

I like them. Just another impression for those curious, and if you find your ZST's lacking a bit of bass, or detail these are a good alternative.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #9,404 of 31,833
Tinaudio
HI buddies recently noticed the problem of the T2 MMCX changeover interface.
Although there is very little probability ,The MMCX interface is used to replace the cable. Do not dial out frequently when you do not change the cable. Of course, this is the common shortcoming of MMCX. We will replace the better MMCX interface in the next batch of headphones. Thank you all.

I have no clue what they are saying here.

Aren’t they making a new batch now? Or are they talking about a 3rd batch?

And it was always MMCX right? So what’s a common shortcoming of MMCX?

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #9,405 of 31,833
I have no clue what they are saying here.

Aren’t they making a new batch now? Or are they talking about a 3rd batch?

And it was always MMCX right? So what’s a common shortcoming of MMCX?
If I were to take a gander, the first part refers to the problem when you change the cable to wear the ie cable down, you have to switch the blue/left red/right labels. The most practical solution of course is to put those indicators in the actual cable and not on the body of the iem, that way they will always indicate the right positions. The other half I think they are talking about the MMCX connectors becoming looser with constant changing, which is an issue with a lot of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back