CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #5,731 of 31,833
Nice price for sure (Ali sell A15 70$usd and PRO 125$)!
Can you give a little comparaison here about both? Did price difference worth it and did you have like other above 150$ IEM to compare too as well for price value?
Could be very interesting cause they intrigue me too...construction look top notch, but for single driver cannot know about sound.

Regular A15 is more bassy and V-shaped, Pro is more balanced . I like the pro better than Pinnacle P1, CH9-T, FLC8S and it's a tie with IT01 I guess. I have no regrets whatsoever purchasing them both so I guess the price difference is worth it for me. Early impressions though as I got them this morning only but I am confident they'll stand the test of time. Have been listening to psytrance and psychedelic stoner rock mostly and the Pro does extremely well with the latter I must say. I think they deserve more hype than they currently get.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #5,732 of 31,833
Moondrop nameless or Ourart TI7?
love both, OurArt is the better but every time I stick the moondrop's in I am just amazed at the clarity

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #5,733 of 31,833
I agree that sub $50 earphones should be their own category. Another one is $50-100, and the next $100-200. The most crowded is the sub $50 area, and before the ZS6, that's what we considered budget chifi and great value for money. Anything good and interesting above $50 is not only chifi anymore but major brands are also big players in this segment. And the higher we go, the more we get the Shures, Sennheisers, etc. in the mix. I would almost say, a $100-200 chifi bracket defeats the purpose of this discussion.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #5,734 of 31,833
As to the above poll: I don't think the KZ ED9 are particularly great sounding to me (not even within the KZ models), same with the Memt X5. I'd call both mediocre sounding even compared to similarly priced earphones (e.g the Urbanfun Hybrid).
For example, I much prefer Takstar Ingping H60 over those or the Xiaomi Piston 3.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #5,735 of 31,833
I agree that sub $50 earphones should be their own category. Another one is $50-100, and the next $100-200. The most crowded is the sub $50 area, and before the ZS6, that's we considered budget chifi and great value for money. Anything good and interesting above $50 is not only chifi anymore but major brands are also big players in this segment. And the higher we go, the more we get the Shures, Sennheisers, etc. in the mix. I would almost say, a $100-200 chef bracket defeats the purpose of this discussion.
Not cool to open back this debate.....SUB-100 is a must, if its 60 it can be there too....its always about this little extra money, not a 20-50-100$ step in price...and i'm supremely not thinking like you about big brand, must of big brand begin YES at 50$! and can be beat by LOT of sub-50$ chifi, No-Doubt-About-it, expcetion, as always, can apply, and for 100-150$ I was searching for exceptional value following the same sound value relativity without DIMINUSHING return.
For a pertinent example, I will like an honnest comparaison between Brainwavz B100 and Etymotic ER4...as my passion about sound value for real will perhaps make me buy them if I can find them for less than 100$ on Ebay. Here, I have nothing to proove but one thing: major brands are overpriced.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #5,736 of 31,833
As to the above poll: I don't think the KZ ED9 are particularly great sounding to me (not even within the KZ models), same with the Memt X5. I'd call both mediocre sounding even compared to similarly priced earphones (e.g the Urbanfun Hybrid).
For example, I much prefer Takstar Ingping H60 over those or the Xiaomi Piston 3.
cool....well, you don't vote for them this is why there 10 choices....and about this, writing the pool I think about a concept, DEMOCRATIC one, it was about having every month a different pool suggested by a different headfier. Was trying to think how I can suggest this....without it disappear in hundreds post fromthe thread. Oh, and Piston 3 are plain garbage for my ears, Piston 2 are something else tough. Sorry but Otto, sometime, your a polemist and it work! Hope you vote for Urbanfun tough.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #5,737 of 31,833
NiceHCK DIY PK2 for the win :)
I don't think I have ever tried a "real" earbud. Usually just cut them (Sony Walkman) up for the wire . (They can make some pretty convincing cables in plastic scale model car building)
Seeing the popularity, I think I may have to test some out.

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #5,738 of 31,833
Man, did you know if the urban legend is true....did it have the Shozy Cyrus driver hide in the PK2???

I'm perhaps about to buy this and Moondrop Nameless....try to convince myself not to buy them.

Even if they did use the same driver tuning and cabling are different enough that the end sound are different. Best example are the edifier H180 and the Red Demun and Edimun (both are H180 mod). They have different signature with each other, and great sq improvements compared to the stock H180

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #5,739 of 31,833
Swing IE800 needs to be on that poll... For 12 $ and their tiny form, they're worth a try. Slightly less wide soundstage than the KZ5 but it has great layering.
It's best with widebore tips and a proper insertion. It's very close to the IT01 in signature as it has a more relaxed smoothness than the KZ5. Perhaps too smooth, as it lacks some detail and the V might be a bit more elevated. Still, great bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #5,740 of 31,833
Graph sure look bassy:
TB2TMMUdkfb_uJkSne1XXbE4XXa_!!722535384.jpg

Man......i pretty sure to have seen these today...I stop searching but it wasnt 100$ im pretty sure....chifi gotta make use paranoid (for good reason when its an unknow brand!).

Will not be guinea pig for a 100$ iem, but im sure curious to have impressions from others courageous headfier. Ibasso IT01 is same price and look way more promising in term of technologies used for single driver. Tesla magnet isn't BS, it really give extra sparkle and power to sound, still ADORE my Z5000 (did I already say this like 1000 times?).

Yes....It looks bassy. I also worried about it. I'll wait for more reviews. But the look is really nice. The diamond like carbon diaphragm is probably better than the graphene used in IT01.

Some iems already used strong magnet and graphene diaphragm, such as TFZ King/King Pro.

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #5,741 of 31,833
Swing IE800 needs to be on that poll... For 12 $ and their tiny form, they're worth a try. Slightly less wide soundstage than the KZ5 but it has great layering.
It's best with widebore tips and a proper insertion. It's very close to the IT01 in signature as it has a more relaxed smoothness than the KZ5. Perhaps too smooth, as it lacks some detail and the V might be a bit more elevated. Still, great bang for the buck.
Yeah, I think about the Swing don't worry....but its just the first pool, new one can be suggest by somebody else...about Swing...well, i'm now paranoi...there were a time we cannot talk about it so I think its still this time...don't know anymore...but the seller cannot be talk about so SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
But man....cannot talk about okay....but my version is from 2 years ago and i would never have described it as V shaped....perhaps I should order another pair but I always feel soundstage was quite tiny after hearing bigger one. Anyway, at the price BIG YES, they are KILLER!!!!!!!

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #5,742 of 31,833
Yes....It looks bassy. I also worried about it. I'll wait for more reviews. But the look is really nice. The diamond like carbon diaphragm is probably better than the graphene used in IT01.

Some iems already used strong magnet and graphene diaphragm, such as TFZ King/King Pro.

But....what is carbon diamond? Any link to this technologies? IT01 have not just that, it have a tesla magnet as well as big drivers chamber....whole package of a driver tech really! TFZ King look quite phenomenal as well....really wish I order these instead of the 6ba crap I order. But, it true that they look intriguing, especially if a trustable headfier share some valuable impressions about them, will see will see, but 100$ price range is a very unforgiving one, Kinera H3 is an example of how it can be severly consider by people obsess by SOUND (they rarely are suggest for sound value).

PS: Yes, looking back at the graph it sure look bassy, but what the heck, if it really look like this in ears up to 20 000khz.....okay, perhaps the diamond carbon is something really incredible....and that high will sparke and nothing will be muffled with this big bass. Im more curious now. Need fancy guinea pigs NOW!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #5,743 of 31,833
But....what is carbon diamond? Any link to this technologies? IT01 have not just that, it have a tesla magnet as well as big drivers chamber....whole package of a driver tech really! TFZ King look quite phenomenal as well....really wish I order these instead of the 6ba crap I order. But, it true that they look intriguing, especially if a trustable headfier share some valuable impressions about them, will see will see, but 100$ price range is a very unforgiving one, Kinera H3 is an example of how it can be severly consider by people obsess by SOUND (they rarely are suggest for sound value).

PS: Yes, looking back at the graph it sure look bassy, but what the heck, if it really look like this in ears up to 20 000khz.....okay, perhaps the diamond carbon is something really incredible....and that high will sparke and nothing will be muffled with this big bass. Im more curious now. Need fancy guinea pigs NOW!

The Campfire Vega is using DLC diaphragm. That's all I know.
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/vega/

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #5,744 of 31,833
Hope you vote for Urbanfun tough.
No, I voted for the T2 because the are so different from anything, yet great, and therefore special. Your list does not give us all the choices, and in order to pick the best, one has to know all earphones listed. The Urbanfun are ok and, imho, much better than the, admittedly cheaper ED9. And the Swing ie800 are probably the biggest bargain since sliced bread. They even come in a nifty case. Memt X5 fail for me on their small soundstage. And the ZS5 v1. lack mids...but, then again, they are now a collector's item after being replaced by v2...good to have them. Nothing wrong with X5 and ED9, they are just not standing out.

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #5,745 of 31,833
No, I voted for the T2 because the are so different from anything, yet great, and therefore special. Your list does not give us all the choices, and in order to pick the best, one has to know all earphones listed. The Urbanfun are ok and, imho, much better than the, admittedly cheaper ED9. And the Swing ie800 are probably the biggest bargain since sliced bread. They even come in a nifty case. Memt X5 fail for me on their small soundstage. And the ZS5 v1. lack mids...but, then again, they are now a collector's item after being replaced by v2...good to have them. Nothing wrong with X5 and ED9, they are just not standing out.
Yeah...as said its the first pool....and as always it was impulsive and write quite fast...about Swing, god damn, I think we can,t talk about it....but somebody need to report the post I guess...anyway, now there 2 reasons to don't talk about it! I consider it a miracle its still you know where so yep....don't wanna push the luck here.
Perhaps better pool will be smaller price range. As said, its the first, let's make a new one in sub-20$ in one week, you can suggest me half of 10 choices Otto.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back