CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #5,701 of 31,833
Fair enough. I read a few extensive reviews including the one by Chris, and I knew the ZS6 were not for me. I still think they are overrated based on their cool Campfire Audio looks. What they are certainly not is balanced.

But why did you get three pairs...freebies?

Not being balanced is the appeal of these. They are more fun. I love my NightHawk headphones but I would never call them balanced. I have other more balanced phones for when I want that. It is about different choices. I enjoy having different signatures available.

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #5,702 of 31,833
Fair enough. I read a few extensive reviews including the one by Chris, and I knew the ZS6 were not for me. I still think they are overrated based on their cool Campfire Audio looks. What they are certainly not is balanced.

But why did you get three pairs...freebies?

I always get 2 pairs of IEMs I plan to mod, so when I mod them I can reliably A/B the modded with a stock pair (also to have a pair as a backup). The 3rd pair was a gift. I got one of each color (red, green, black). 2 were bought on sale with Gearbest coupons, and were under $20. They are easily worth that IMO.

Jan 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #5,703 of 31,833
That was my 11/11 buy recommended by @HungryPanda . I use them every day. Great value.

How do you folks keep earbuds from falling out of your ears? And do the earbuds include the foam covers? Because the photos always show the earbuds with no foams.

Jan 5, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #5,704 of 31,833
How do you folks keep earbuds from falling out of your ears? And do the earbuds include the foam covers? Because the photos always show the earbuds with no foams.

Just like tip rolling IEMs, trial and error. I have foams, donut foams, HiGi foams. These I use naked. And the phones are naked as well.

Jan 5, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #5,705 of 31,833
Just like tip rolling IEMs, trial and error. I have foams, donut foams, HiGi foams. These I use naked. And the phones are naked as well.

haha, OK thanks for the info (but not for putting the image in my head LOL).

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #5,706 of 31,833
Thanks so much for your reply and advice! :)
I tried and tried to talk myself into the B100 but I just couldn't get over that cable..
I build guitars in a wood shop all day, and these will take a beating, so I fear they wont last nearly as long as the T2 will.

As for the B200?
I just don't know if it's worth spending $80 more just to get a bit more detail and a detachable cable.

So, I'll probably just be happy with my lovely Tin Audio T2 for now! :)
Best bang for the buck out of any earphone I've heard/owned yet.

BTW: @B9Scrambler
I am able to get a good sub-bass extension from my T2 as well.. But I did the 3M Micropore Tape vent cover mod in order to get this.
They aren't bass hammers like the BVGP DM5, but they kick me in the head pretty good!
I also use the blue foams that came with them.

Any idea how the Advanced M4 would compare to the T2? They are both evenly priced.

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #5,707 of 31,833
I don't.....some just fit better....like the one I review and cannot talk about grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....anyway, housing like H150 Pro look nice too, I learn that a too light plastic housing do not help it from falling (monk + is a good example of that) . Strangely my **** PT-15 are big but stay in place good cause they are heavy, can't say the same for Mrz Tomahawk. Some people use 2 foamstips, and there silicone earbuds hook that are very practice if you don,t wanna tame the sound and it work well for me, cannot fall with this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...53ea-4743-aa45-67a13999dc2d&priceBeautifyAB=0

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #5,708 of 31,833
Any good MMCX cables with mic? It's for my IT01 when I'm not at home...A bit afraid of getting the nice cable stuck in a zipper or something :triportsad:

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #5,709 of 31,833
Now with the XDUOO X10 the ZS6 vocal have a more beautifull ''ass'' with less SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
giphy.gif

APPROVED PAIRING.

P1050742.JPG

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #5,711 of 31,833
I find this thread entertaining, and like it being $100 cutoff.
I have my ue's and love my philips, but there is so much competition in this price range, to me it makes ChiFi fun.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #5,712 of 31,833
i agree with those who want to keep this a sub-100 thread--if you raise the ticket you're rendering it less essential since there's already well-subscribed chifi and discovery threads + you're likely to dilute the focus on the real low-budget gems.
I agree 100%

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #5,713 of 31,833
haha, OK thanks for the info (but not for putting the image in my head LOL).

Reality is far worse than you can ever imagine.

jabba-the-hut.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back