CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #5,746 of 31,833
Jan 6, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #5,747 of 31,833
The Campfire Vega is using DLC diaphragm. That's all I know.
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/vega/

1More triple uses a DLC driver if I’m not mistaken.

Also, I can’t find it at the moment, but I have a nice graph that compares the different diaphragm coatings (titanium, DLC, beryllium, graphene, etc). I’ll post it tomorrow.

UPDATE: Graph is attached

Driver Material.jpg

Be aware that there's different types of DLC coatings (all technically can be called "DLC"), each with different properties. So it will become important to understand what type of DLC coating a product has before just blindly accepting that it's automatically better.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #5,748 of 31,833
Yeah, I think about the Swing don't worry....but its just the first pool, new one can be suggest by somebody else...about Swing...well, i'm now paranoi...there were a time we cannot talk about it so I think its still this time...don't know anymore...but the seller cannot be talk about so SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
But man....cannot talk about okay....but my version is from 2 years ago and i would never have described it as V shaped....perhaps I should order another pair but I always feel soundstage was quite tiny after hearing bigger one. Anyway, at the price BIG YES, they are KILLER!!!!!!!

Strange that we can't talk about "it" but can talk about the KZ6 or KZ5. Unlike other copycats, the Swing actually has Swing written on it.:rolling_eyes:

Let's not forget that this is a CHI-FI thread and China, as a manufacturing powerhouse of the world, will do what China does...

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #5,749 of 31,833
The poll is weird, how the flying fook do we compare a $3 headphone to a $50 headphone, it doesnt make sense to me. Maybe it is a good idea to make polls within their pricecategories so that you compare similarly priced headphones is my two cents. It would also have be more interesting for people that want to buy a new headphone.

Jan 6, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #5,750 of 31,833
The poll is weird, how the flying fook do we compare a $3 headphone to a $50 headphone, it doesnt make sense to me. Maybe it is a good idea to make polls within their pricecategories so that you compare similarly priced headphones is my two cents. It would also have be more interesting for people that want to buy a new headphone.

well, the title is "best sound value possible". besides, even the vido which is only 5 dollars can definitely compete with the zs5 in sound

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #5,752 of 31,833
Simple but true: Freq response number aren't very informative, but a graph, YES, it can tell ya lot of things!

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #5,753 of 31,833

pool is weird. i'm weird. Life is weird. hearing is weird.....
as already stated above, it was just a test as a first pool, perhaps I will change it today...but I feel im quite easily manipulate here hehe....but the goal is it to be fun...and informative. So, lets say:first:1-10$ best value, 2 weeks later:10-20$ best value etc is it better or a 1-20$ will be better (here I see people telling it lack this or this IEM even at sub-20)

I will need suggestions for 1-10$ first pool, there will be 10 contenders, wich one should be there guys?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #5,754 of 31,833
as already stated above, it was just a test as a first pool, perhaps I will change it today...but I feel im quite easily manipulate here hehe....but the goal is it to be fun...and informative. So, lets say:first:1-10$ best value, 2 weeks later:10-20$ best value etc is it better or a 1-20$ will be better (here I see people telling it lack this or this IEM even at sub-20)

I will need suggestions for 1-10$ first pool, there will be 10 contenders, wich one should be there guys?

I like weird.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #5,755 of 31,833
Jan 6, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #5,756 of 31,833

The Samsung EO-IG955 that are all over eBay. Hard to beat them at that price IMO.

Edit: well I realize they not chinese and this thread is only about chinese not asian/chinese, I confuse the two threads sometimes so feel free to disregard. Some are made in China though, others in Vietnam however.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #5,757 of 31,833

I like weird.

There's weird, and then there's Weird Al weird LOL

Also, for those that care, I added the DLC graph to my post a few posts above.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #5,758 of 31,833

I have something similar to that. Does that make me weird. I have these... really sound great! I have never had my picture taken with these on. Don't ask me how well they isolate! :)

ergo-model-two-headphones-front.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #5,759 of 31,833
I have something similar to that. Does that make me weird. I have these... really sound great! I have never had my picture taken with these on. Don't ask me how well they isolate! :)
ergo-model-two-headphones-front.jpg

Picture please!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back