CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 4, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #5,656 of 31,833
Not sure....I can deal mentally with gluing a ba....will surely broke whole IEM by nervosity!
But other mods look very interesting and I will surely try some, just wanna burn in a little the sharp beast before.
I made a tiny little ball of Beeswax and stuffed it into the end of 1 BA in each of my ZS-6.. I would imagine that I could possibly remove the wax later on, but probably not.. Still I'd probably have a better chance then trying to remove glue.. Either mod helps to tame the "SsSsSSSSssScCCchHhhttTTt!!!!" by 50% though! :)
After you plug one of the BAs it's also a good idea to cut a little foam disc and place it on top of the other BA before you replace the metal nozzle screens.. This will give another extra sibilant filter to the remaining BA.. I really enjoy my ZS6 after these mods (Inspired by @Slater of course!).

PB085385 (1024x498).jpg

PB015334.JPG
^^^These are the little foam discs I cut, using a sharpened brass tube.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #5,657 of 31,833
I made a tiny little ball of Beeswax and stuffed it into the end of 1 BA in each of my ZS-6.. I would imagine that I could possibly remove the wax later on, but probably not.. Still I'd probably have a better chance then trying to remove glue.. Either mod helps to tame the "SsSsSSSSssScCCchHhhttTTt!!!!" by 50% though! :)
After you plug one of the BAs it's also a good idea to cut a little foam disc and place it on top of the other BA before you replace the metal nozzle screens.. This will give another extra sibilant filter to the remaining BA.. I really enjoy my ZS6 after these mods (Inspired by @Slater of course!).

^^^These are the little foam discs I cut, using a sharpened brass tube.

OKAY!
Thanks, this will be very usefull I think.
Will perhaps try gradually, using tape with micropore before on BA....

Great pics by the way!

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #5,658 of 31,833
I made a statement to myself now, either i wait for 4 or 5 months, my next iem Will be a tin audio T2. In my country It goes for 160brl. And the medium income of the workclass here is lower than the developed countries. So, quite pricey. Only If something comes in 50< that blows them out of water. Wich i doubt.

No matter If zsr be good. The next has to be the neuralish-fine tuned tin audio T2. The consistency of the positive reviews are insane. No matter If the person says that Would like more Bass. I actually did'nt see anyone dissapointed to them here yet.

So Sad 11/11 had them for like 40% less.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #5,659 of 31,833
I made a statement to myself now, either i wait for 4 or 5 months, my next iem Will be a tin audio T2. In my country It goes for 160brl. And the medium income of the workclass here is lower than the developed countries. So, quite pricey. Only If something comes in 50< that blows them out of water. Wich i doubt.

No matter If zsr be good. The next has to be the neuralish-fine tuned tin audio T2. The consistency of the positive reviews are insane. No matter If the person says that Would like more Bass. I actually did'nt see anyone dissapointed to them here yet.

Hum...I like the T2, but barely use them too....(well it make 1 week they arrive)....i'm poor too (no regular ''job'', work by myself wich is always connect to my ambition of making money as an antique art seller...wich is low...) and perhaps this is why I wanna sell you my T2 the very price I paid....but I think about shipping too and it make me confuse. As I paid 33$usd and minimal shipping cost is about 10$cad, I guess the price for As New T2 is 40$usd. Pm if it can make you happy.

Capture d’écran (71).png

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #5,660 of 31,833
Not sure....I can deal mentally with gluing a ba....will surely broke whole IEM by nervosity!
But other mods look very interesting and I will surely try some, just wanna burn in a little the sharp beast before.

It was unlistenable with 2 ba. Even with 1 BA it is still more sibilant than zs5 v1. Next is foam in the other BA.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #5,661 of 31,833
Hum...I like the T2, but barely use them too....(well it make 1 week they arrive)....i'm poor too (no regular ''job'', work by myself wich is always connect to my ambition of making money as an antique art seller...wich is low...) and perhaps this is why I wanna sell you my T2 the very price I paid....but I think about shipping too and it make me confuse. As I paid 33$usd and minimal shipping cost is about 10$cad, I guess the price for As New T2 is 40$usd. Pm if it can make you happy.

Cheers!

Oh man, i'm flattered. That's so nice of you. But the shopping really makes it almost same price or pricier than china altought faster. And i wiil wait sometime as i have 5 iem's coming in the way and It costed some money. If i haven't grabbed the b100 maybe i Would take it from you - If the shippment made It worth. But many many thanks.

It turns out that's also good to take some time, enjoy the ones that are coming etc.

Cheers.

Ps: The T2 are going for like 48$

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #5,662 of 31,833
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #5,663 of 31,833

Just wait until next 11/11. It will be here before you know it!

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #5,664 of 31,833
Why should I spend this much money on the ZS6 in order having to mod them when I can have it much easier. The sibilance issue was known from previous reviews.

No one HAS to mod them - everyone's ears are different. Plenty of folks use them 100% as-is and like them perfectly fine (including me). I have 2 pairs unmodded, 1 pair modded. I have no issues with sibilance on mine, but others may because we all hear things differently.

The mods are just available for those that WANT do to them, as an option. That's honestly the only reason why I did that huge mod post - to explore the different mod options for those that DID have an issue (such as sharp treble or sibilance).

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #5,665 of 31,833
Thanks! :)
I was checking those out (reading reviews etc ect) and they look really nice!
Kind of like the new LZ A5 but with a more neutral-balanced signature and less drivers?
Have you ever compared the M1221 to an LZ A4?

I'm just not sure if I want to buy any more $200 earphones unless they produce a HUGE wow factor..
It seems that after you exit the $50 to $75 range; for every $50 added, you only get a 5% (at best) improvement..
It seems that most $200 earphones are only15% (at best) better then $50 earphones.
****generally speaking, of course****

But even that is quite debatable...
I mean, I definitely don't find my $200 LZ A4 to be even 10% better then my $50 Tin Audio T2.
The A4 has slightly better micro-details and a little better soundstage then the T2, yet it costs 3X what my T2 did...
The A4 also has an unnatural mid-treble (no matter what filters are used) that must be EQ'd out..
The T2 (to my ears) needs no EQ, although I do occasionally use very small amounts for fun here and there, but not nearly the amount of EQ that I need on my A4s
BTW: the LZ A4 is still my favorite IEM, yet also my most disappointing IEM, all at the same time.

No hype intended, but the TinAudio T2 are the best $50 earphones that I have ever heard.
I also personally think the TinAudio T2 are one of the best $50 dollar range of earphones to come a long, but the only transparent and neutral/balanced-like earphones that brings a bigger smile in respect to the T2's with better clarity throughout the whole range would personally be my M1221's. If I want to go warmer, then I turn to the T2's.

Sorry, my comparison's are only with the M1221 and the T2's....I don't have the LZ A4.

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #5,666 of 31,833
Where do you heard about these and why is it intriguing you that much??? This frequencies specs is plain BS to be honnest, I can understand the HZ but not the KHZ at more than 3 times human hearing, its just ridiculous assumption....it will not give more highs sparkle, even bats will be like What I can't hear any difference. I check fastly, and Hifiwalker create a DAP and this IEM came with it....it can be found for ¥39.99 at there official site (35$usd i think?). I'm curious to know why you feel curious about them, with specs like this, I would like tosee a graph that can show the sound curve, will need a panoramic 3meter long graph lol!
Personally, I'm not looking for piercing highs myself, but the HIFI Walker did mention that it gives a "better resolution", which many companies are trying to focus on by providing a wider frequency response. :thinking:

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #5,667 of 31,833
Whizzer A15 goes for £40 at hifiheadphones at the moment. Amazing value for the sound quality you get IMO, stellar packaging and build quality too. :L3000:

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #5,668 of 31,833

You can be assured of zs7

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #5,669 of 31,833
Whizzer A15 goes for £40 at hifiheadphones at the moment. Amazing value for the sound quality you get IMO, stellar packaging and build quality too. :L3000:

Which has the better value atm for a mixed music profile (rap/hiphop/pop/rock/metal/house/instrumental): Whizzer A15 for €58,-- or the PMV A 01 MK2 for €50,--? (they both have descent accesories, I am leaning towards the PMV atm).

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #5,670 of 31,833
What is happening to this thread? It went from sub $100 to sub $200 in a day.
I did consider sub $100 as a nice step in to audiophile IEM/earbuds, as most regular people would just spend max €30 on some local Sennheisers or use $5 apple earbud clones.
But sub $200 is kinda deep into audiophile territory for me.
Maybe it's better to keep this a sub $100 thread and make a new one for the $100-$200 range?

Users who are viewing this thread

• XTF1
Back