CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 4, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #5,626 of 31,833
:point_right: Well, well! Get a load of these!!! ...Ironically, same housing as the Tinaudio T515 and several others mentioned here. But, these just got interesting using only a single 9.2 mm driver with a wide frequency range of "10hz ~ 70,000khz"! :anguished: Does anyone have these to give their quick impression? I can't seem to find these on taobao, since I work and live in China.:tired_face:

They are called the HIFI WALKER A2 High Resolution In-Ear Headphones
Priced at $39.99
41H8I01bSoL__SX425_.jpg
41Q4CMl+4SL__SX425_.jpg

Link ---> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZYP7H9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #5,627 of 31,833
We have earphone that spout up to 90,000kHz :)

and

"High Fidelity Driver Set
The A2's 3.6 inches dynamic driver with powerful neodymium magnets delivers outstanding sonic accuracy and clarity."

3.6" driver is way too big. Hope they come with a headband :)

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #5,628 of 31,833
It does and big time at that. IT01 is in another league altogether.

BTW I listened briefly to the T2 again and I confirm I hear a treble spike I don't like but it's less pronounced than I remembered.

IMO, the treble spike on the T2 is more of a 3dB midrange spike to me. between 500-800Hz. Some people might just think of that as being forward sounding or warm, but to me, it is un-natural. No one else has commented on this, but you can see it in the frequency response graphs as well. One analogy would be to the mids produced by a good planar speaker system to that of cone midrange drivers. Maybe not a popular opinion here, but my pairs of KZ ZS6's are, at least for now, walking all over the Tin Audio T2. Better low end extension and detail, less muddy in the mids, definitely not a midrange spike, and better high end extension. They are not chain saws at all, at least my two pairs. Otto made that comment, but I do not believe he even owns the ZS6, just ZS5's. I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong, and I apologize in advance if I am!

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #5,631 of 31,833
Must admit all the good words about Ibasso IT01 begin to intrigue me so I read about the driver and was REALLY impress to have proper very interesting and professional information about it, this is something that most chifi lack, now I understand too what is Tesla technologies lol its about the magnet. This look like to be a very high end single driver to say the least! IM HOOKED!
201711241110307998.png

201711240246108087.png

201711241110587497.png

201711240247398602.png

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #5,633 of 31,833
Maybe you could also make a section for wired and bt sports inear headphones or mark all the sportsversions in the first post?
I think as long as an Iem fits properly (over the ear), they're fine for sport usage.

I've ran with CX95, PFE112 and KZ ATR without any issues.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #5,634 of 31,833
Haven't heard much about the Svara Red, was considering buying it on 11.11 but ended up buying nothing at all as I already had KZ ZST and ZS5 on the way.
Did expect some more impressions about them, but I guess not many people bought them during 11.11 either.

actually @HungryPanda 's short review on this thread that encourage me to try the red. other factor also is that because i really like the Svara L, not to mention it looks pretty :grin:

they share similarities to the Svara L tuning and build quality. i am glad i did take the plunge and take the time to try them

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #5,635 of 31,833
Jan 4, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #5,636 of 31,833
Received this TRN V10 and it's very dissapointing..sound is so veiled. No subbass, recessed mids and extremely harsh/peircing highs. I've sealed the vents and dampened the BA's nozzle with a tiny sponge foam and still sounds very bad. KZ ZST sounds even better night and day difference. The only positive thing is the fit and seal to my ears. Better save your money and get the pioneer ch9t or ibasso it01.

I just got these earlier this week and I've been listening to them since. Actually prefer it over the ks5 (v1) and ks6. Compared to the kz the v10 is the more fun sounding of the bunch with a slight recessed mids. I do agree that it has piercing highs but I put on some comply smartcore tips (has built in foams in the nozzle to act as wax guards) and are also wide bored. Those tips made all the difference. Also I listen to mines with a balanced cable with the Shanling m3s dap. I consider them to be a good purchase.
IMG_20180102_173805-01.jpeg

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #5,637 of 31,833
Guys....look like **** or AKaudio can't be talk about on Headfi....i'm not up to date about this so now we know. SHHHHHHHHHHHH.
200.gif

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #5,638 of 31,833
I just got these earlier this week and I've been listening to them since. Actually prefer it over the ks5 (v1) and ks6. Compared to the kz the v10 is the more fun sounding of the bunch with a slight recessed mids. I do agree that it has piercing highs but I put on some comply smartcore tips (has built in foams in the nozzle to act as wax guards) and are also wide bored. Those tips made all the difference. Also I listen to mines with a balanced cable with the Shanling m3s dap. I consider them to be a good purchase.
Oh, I got this shure tips (even if they begin to fall apart after 5 years)...so there hope to tame a little this harshness without loosing details retreival!
What about soundstage and imaging?
ZS5 are quite phenomenal in this departments....

Perhaps that BURN IN will relax the BA drivers too....so I hope to have update about owner of TRN V10 if its the case. Not a big beleiver about burn in but sometime yes, big change can occur.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #5,639 of 31,833
I think for TRN V10 it can be very personal, you either like it or dislike it. I got mine few days ago and to be honest i was a bit let down by its harsh treble. I let few of my friends listen to it and somehow some of them like it even more when compared to zst or even zs6 so i concluded that you either will like it or dislike it and me being the latter.

Overall it has a V shape sound signature with somewhat recessed midrange and a boosted treble. Comparatively lesser bass depth to zs6 as well as overall texture but remain tight with good speed and i wouldn't say it's anaemic too since there's sufficient quantity and impact to make bass music enjoyable, upper midrange to lower treble is the problematic region which makes female vocals too sharp to the point of being harsh with very annoying sibilance. Overall presentation is more forward when compared to zs6 so it doesn't feel as wide soundstage wise but imaging is still very good. I gotta praise the stock cable coz it feels very quality. KZ should learn from this.

Those were early impressions with stock cable and stock tips on my note 3. I couldn't stand any of those and eventually i did all the possible, 1st change tips to small size foam tips (it helped me with zs6 too so it's definitely a must), 2nd swap out the stock cable with a silver plated cable (somehow it helps, maybe it's psychological but well i sometimes snake oil works and you'll never know until you try it), 3rd i did the slater foam mod or what i've done to my zs6 too, stuffing in tiny pieces of foam into the BA nozzle. Now it seems to be slightly better overall, the sibilance is tamed down by much tho still slightly present.

I guess it's worth trying out some of those modifications if you already get it and turn out disliking it. But if you're planning to get 1 now , maybe wait for more impressions first. But overall i don't find it that much comfortable. I thought it'd be as comfortable as the Kinera H3 but turns out it's quite bulky and the pointy edge kinda hurt my ears when wearing for extended period.

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #5,640 of 31,833
Well, was reading about ZS6 here so I go check my mail and KZ ZS6 was there waiting for me!
P1040737.JPG P1040738.JPG
Don't find it harsh comparatively to ZS5V2 and imaging look like to be better and airier. Bass look lighter too. Its especially for construction I order these and it do not disapoint at all and feel very sturdy and fancy. One thing I note with using other cable than stock one with ZS5-6 is that its very DANGEROUS to fit it as its ultra hard and need to be pushed hard to a point it can broke connection....so be ultra carefull with that, i'm unable to use Kinera H3 cable with the ZS6, with ZS5 it was very very dangerous and barely need an hammer to knock it in.

Will do a more serious comparaison of ZS5 V1-V2 and ZS6. Will post it as a ZS6 review in about a week (even if im quite depress that my last review was deleted....).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back