CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #5,641 of 31,833
Hello everyone, after contacting a seller has confirmed that he can send me also the T2. Excluding the B100 because they do not inspire me so much also can not replace in cable. The doubt remains between ZS6 or T2?
T2 is you like neutral, Z6 if you like treble.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #5,642 of 31,833
Fast first semi-conclusion about ZS6 vs ZS5V1-V2.

Feel like the ZS5 V1 still are the more warmer and airier of the batch, with warmish Xduoo D3 ZS6 sound extremely good but I begin to suspect upper mid hissing while trying it with Xduoo X3 Bjork vocal became quite hissy, so I can already confirm ZS6 is brighter than ZS5V1 (for V2 need more listen....did not give alot of listen to them to be honnest).

Did anybody can say if burnin will change something with ZS6...not sure, but perhaps its burnin that tame treble of ZS5V1....

ZS6 feel more detailed than ZS5V1 tough, but in a foward way. Depending music style, it can be a blessing or a damnation. Anyway, i'm pretty sure I will love these, soundstage is very wide and instrument separation is way above average, its perhaps an upgrade in term of construction, but not sure about sound as im pretty sure it use same drivers in there, vaguely tweaked differently perhaps or just positioned differently. Soundsignature sure is different than ZS5V1, V2, not sure, will share more about this case.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #5,643 of 31,833
:point_right: Well, well! Get a load of these!!! ...Ironically, same housing as the Tinaudio T515 and several others mentioned here. But, these just got interesting using only a single 9.2 mm driver with a wide frequency range of "10hz ~ 70,000khz"! :anguished: Does anyone have these to give their quick impression? I can't seem to find these on taobao, since I work and live in China.:tired_face:

They are called the HIFI WALKER A2 High Resolution In-Ear Headphones
Priced at $39.99

Link ---> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZYP7H9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1

Where do you heard about these and why is it intriguing you that much??? This frequencies specs is plain BS to be honnest, I can understand the HZ but not the KHZ at more than 3 times human hearing, its just ridiculous assumption....it will not give more highs sparkle, even bats will be like What I can't hear any difference. I check fastly, and Hifiwalker create a DAP and this IEM came with it....it can be found for ¥39.99 at there official site (35$usd i think?). I'm curious to know why you feel curious about them, with specs like this, I would like tosee a graph that can show the sound curve, will need a panoramic 3meter long graph lol!

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5,644 of 31,833
Grrrr....ZSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS6
Don't like SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
And the signer I listen to talk about SSSSSSSSSSSSSsilence, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSun, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssseas and SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsstuffs.....lol

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #5,645 of 31,833
And the signer I listen to talk about SSSSSSSSSSSSSsilence, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSun, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssseas and SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsstuffs.....lol

Listening to Bjork on my Xduoo x3 with the Brainwavz B100s now and zero sssssibilance here.

Hunter from Homogenic is one of my test tracks and it sounds phenomenal on the b100s!

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #5,646 of 31,833
Hehe, good for you, and good for the B100s (stop with the temptation!!!!!!!!!).
Anyway, there lot of nice letters that float around this SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....with X3 it was quite intense, ah! fock! okay....I just plug it to the IBASSO DX90....ive been stabbed! I die! I DIE!!!!!!!

EDIT: Okay....the DX90 test just kill me and I decide to let them burn in for at least 5H to see if it will be as violent with peaky sibilance as it is right now. Man....wasnt thinking im treble sensitive until now. And to know a TRN V10 arrive to me begin to question my strange masochist passion.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #5,648 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac , love the change from 100 to 150 USD. It's the truest expression of the worst part of this hobby - pumping up the moneys once you start hearing the better stuff...

Keep this thread alive for a couple of years and it will become Best Sub 500$ earphones... hidden gems...:smile:

NO man NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was questionning myself about this. Really wanna find the right best-value price range....im more afraid about 200 as a end number....anyway, just for the sub 150$ list i'm like....what, how much homeworks I must do right now!? So, nope, can't imagine how much searching and obsessive updating it will need for sub-500. Hum. Damn, lets make it sub-200 and never go higher. Its because of stuffs like LZ a3-a4 (lets not talk about A5) and some multi drivers promising IEM that are like 5$ more than 150....another time. And new Ibasso IT01 at 110$ make me change my mind too....

For average consumer, did sub-200 could be better than sub 150$ for end game price value?

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #5,649 of 31,833

Glue one of the BA, helps a bit.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #5,650 of 31,833
Jan 4, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #5,651 of 31,833
NO man NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was questionning myself about this. Really wanna find the right best-value price range....im more afraid about 200 as a end number....anyway, just for the sub 150$ list i'm like....what, how much homeworks I must do right now!? So, nope, can't imagine how much searching and obsessive updating it will need for sub-500. Hum. Damn, lets make it sub-200 and never go higher. Its because of stuffs like LZ a3-a4 (lets not talk about A5) and some multi drivers promising IEM that are like 5$ more than 150....another time. And new Ibasso IT01 at 110$ make me change my mind too....

For average consumer, did sub-200 could be better than sub 150$ for end game price value?

500 was just an exaggeration but 200 sounds very logical actually.
Perhaps look at it like this: Because there aren't really that many 150-200$ IEMs worthy of this thread (at least not nearly as many compared to sub 100$ IEMs), this might be the right way to move forward. There will be lots of updating on your part, but you don't have to do it all at once, we will start discussions and some IEMs will stand out over time.

Anyways, this thread is really a nice and relaxing place and I have no doubts that it will continue to be exactly that. Keep it up!

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #5,652 of 31,833
If you can afford to save some money and invest on the SENDIY M1221, this might be what you're looking for. :spy::thumbsup:
Thanks! :)
I was checking those out (reading reviews etc ect) and they look really nice!
Kind of like the new LZ A5 but with a more neutral-balanced signature and less drivers?
Have you ever compared the M1221 to an LZ A4?

I'm just not sure if I want to buy any more $200 earphones unless they produce a HUGE wow factor..
It seems that after you exit the $50 to $75 range; for every $50 added, you only get a 5% (at best) improvement..
It seems that most $200 earphones are only15% (at best) better then $50 earphones.
****generally speaking, of course****

But even that is quite debatable...
I mean, I definitely don't find my $200 LZ A4 to be even 10% better then my $50 Tin Audio T2.
The A4 has slightly better micro-details and a little better soundstage then the T2, yet it costs 3X what my T2 did...
The A4 also has an unnatural mid-treble (no matter what filters are used) that must be EQ'd out..
The T2 (to my ears) needs no EQ, although I do occasionally use very small amounts for fun here and there, but not nearly the amount of EQ that I need on my A4s
BTW: the LZ A4 is still my favorite IEM, yet also my most disappointing IEM, all at the same time.

No hype intended, but the TinAudio T2 are the best $50 earphones that I have ever heard.

Jan 4, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #5,653 of 31,833
Get the B100, you apparently don't gain anything with the B150. If you want a detachable cable, get the B200, which is said to sound like the B100 but with more detail.
Thanks so much for your reply and advice! :)
I tried and tried to talk myself into the B100 but I just couldn't get over that cable..
I build guitars in a wood shop all day, and these will take a beating, so I fear they wont last nearly as long as the T2 will.

As for the B200?
I just don't know if it's worth spending $80 more just to get a bit more detail and a detachable cable.

So, I'll probably just be happy with my lovely Tin Audio T2 for now! :)
Best bang for the buck out of any earphone I've heard/owned yet.

BTW: @B9Scrambler
I am able to get a good sub-bass extension from my T2 as well.. But I did the 3M Micropore Tape vent cover mod in order to get this.
They aren't bass hammers like the BVGP DM5, but they kick me in the head pretty good!
I also use the blue foams that came with them.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #5,654 of 31,833
Glue one of the BA, helps a bit.
Not sure....I can deal mentally with gluing a ba....will surely broke whole IEM by nervosity!
But other mods look very interesting and I will surely try some, just wanna burn in a little the sharp beast before.

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #5,655 of 31,833
Maybe you could also make a section for wired and bt sports inear headphones or mark all the sportsversions in the first post?
Hum.....not sure about BT.
BT need a whole thread about it, seriously, hehe, you can begin one:wink:

By sport version you mean ultra portable or water proof?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back