CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #5,464 of 31,840
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #5,465 of 31,840
Where on head fi can I find someone to sell me their Tin Audio T2's?

I would go to the for sale board and post a “WTB” (want to buy) post for them.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #5,467 of 31,840
Like @chinmie suggested, the cables and connectors do have some impact on the SQ. I bought the 3 different Vidos (White, blue and black with mic) from the taobao store. Recabled both the white and black with the same cable and reterminated with rhodium connector. I can only say the white one sounds better, more forward, better clarity than the black. I tried the stock white one and it sounded better than the black rewired lol. So i guess the white one has better drivers. The blue one i dont remb what i did with it but it wasnt that great.

However now i use the Yinman 150 exclusively as the music i listen to recently demands even more clarity.

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #5,468 of 31,840

Thanks, ''SlaterCyclopedia'', nice read with my coffe (and **** earbud and D3+Walnut V2S amp) in the morning. Didnt know BA drivers existe already in 1920 crystal radio....

Headphone101_BalancedArmature_Photo_Main.gif

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #5,469 of 31,840
LOL, I'll keep a look out for that customer. Low on funds right now but the T2's sound awesome (no pun intended).
Hum....I can try to ask HCK seller if he can give Headfi discount for the T2....so you pay the Alisale price? I buy so much stuffs from him...perhaps he will say YES. Hope so!

Headfiers are SPECIAL.

Really impress by wide soundstage of T2, and level of details it give, will give more time to them and stop a little with the Zhiyin Z5000 (that I still cherrish....I don't know, they just fit my musical ears perfectly and are never never unpleasant sounding)....Tinaudio T2 are really a big deal, an exception because quality construction meet quality of sound, and cable is so nice.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #5,470 of 31,840
Like @chinmie suggested, the cables and connectors do have some impact on the SQ. I bought the 3 different Vidos (White, blue and black with mic) from the taobao store. Recabled both the white and black with the same cable and reterminated with rhodium connector. I can only say the white one sounds better, more forward, better clarity than the black. I tried the stock white one and it sounded better than the black rewired lol. So i guess the white one has better drivers. The blue one i dont remb what i did with it but it wasnt that great.

However now i use the Yinman 150 exclusively as the music i listen to recently demands even more clarity.

Okay, I need to order a soldering Iron now....it will serve me to repair my Grado Sr325 as well, its about time! Earbuds look quite easy, but its opening housing that make me nervous. I have a silver plated cable that mmcx connector work bad, will try to use this cable with Vido, cause I feel they need more clarity and highs sparkle...don't know, something about my Vido do not feel right, is it normal that it create distortion with bass kick? I think its why im harsh with them, can't stand any type of distortion, even micro one, this time its not micro its like a loose piece rattle inside the housing....perhaps a worker loose his finger nail in it. With EMX500, I really need to push sound olume high and listen to ultra bassy music to make it rattle, and its not the driver so....hum. Monk+ do not distort and are way more detailed, but hasrsher to listen to. Feel the Monk are from another league compared to the Vido to be honnest, but they are so different, Vido is more spacious, Monk more in your face, like panoramic tapestry vs hall like sound, think Vido have more deepness in sound imaging, but they are warmer too so its strange! Find the Vido more comfy cause housing is a little bigger and heavier than the Monk+ that always fall of my ears cause it ultra light.
PC290718.JPG

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #5,471 of 31,840
Hum....I can try to ask HCK seller if he can give Headfi discount for the T2....so you pay the Alisale price? I buy so much stuffs from him...perhaps he will say YES. Hope so!

Headfiers are SPECIAL.

Really impress by wide soundstage of T2, and level of details it give, will give more time to them and stop a little with the Zhiyin Z5000 (that I still cherrish....I don't know, they just fit my musical ears perfectly and are never never unpleasant sounding)....Tinaudio T2 are really a big deal, an exception because quality construction meet quality of sound, and cable is so nice.
I would infinitely appreciate that. :)

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #5,472 of 31,840
I would infinitely appreciate that. :)
Asked Bro.
Can't promise anything cause im in no way affiliated with this seller...just very very annoying with all my askings perhaps LOL But as I buy lot of stuff and I know he love headfiers (chifi obsession) for real, perhaps it will work. Perhaps tomorrow I will have an answer. Hope to be able to have it bellow 40$ for headfier from this thread (I will not share the code everywhere like a crazy). If he don't want...hum, perhaps I will try with another seller that I buy to much stuffs from ahah

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #5,474 of 31,840
@Nymphonomaniac mine does not rattle nor do they have any distortions. One trick that u might wanna try is to blow through the drivers from the back port of the housing and also to suck air from the face of the earbud.

Hearing what u commented, the drivers might not be sitting properly inside the housing. I ever thought of using the K's 64 silver cable on the monks but was too lazy to do it xD come to think of it i still have some material that i bought previously.......

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #5,475 of 31,840
Some depressing first toughs about ''4'' drivers TRN V10.

TRN V10 - no sub-bass. Extremely bright. Unique treble-centric sound signature. Very detailed. Super piercing. Very fatiguing. Comfort is top-notch. The cable is amazing, feels very premium. Very hard to plug into/unplug from the earphones. The built-in earloops are excellent with no nasty memory wire.

In another hand, the new MEMT X9 look very promising!
MEMT X9 - high quality, impactful bass, no mud. Moderately V-shaped, mids slightly recessed. Precise mids and clear treble. Got used to the sound instantly. Well-built, cable material similar to Xiaomi Hybrid with better Y-split and plug. Housings are very small, shiny, pure metal, heavy, with magnetic adsorption. Some of the best earphones ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back