CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #5,146 of 31,833
There's Tingo's and Swings on aliexpress but i dunno maybe they're not the same.
So which would you recommend if i wanted something similar to G3's? They seem to fit me perfectly but yea, not available. Any recommendations would be fantastic!
Looking at your reviews Seahf AWK-009 should be similar? They are available at aliexpress as well.
They are not the same indeed. The Tingos don't have that 3K peak of the Swings, that is they are more recessed. See also recent review on audiobudget.com. And I reviewed the Swings on youtube as Dr. Schweinsgruber - a great buy (from **** on aliexpress):

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #5,147 of 31,833
Bass cannons? Wow, yet another example of how totally inconsistent (QC) the ASK hybrids appear to be. Mine are the furthest thing from a bass cannon, even after sealing the dynamic drivers and adding KZ Starlines. They are easily the lightest bass IEMs I own.

I WISH they were bass cannons LOL.

You were expecting crunchy?

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #5,148 of 31,833
LOL. Don't be ashame dear child.....I have a real problem too and think about seeing a pyschiatrist or something....there a very DISASTROUS photo of my....kitchen table....please don't judge me, cause its not normal, kinda out of control right now ahah! Share this pic so you feel more calm about your passion hehe (in fact, i'm quite ashame right now!!)

PS: Whats this TRN quad drivers???? Intriguing!

P.S. - You have some more room at the bottom of your table for some more headphones.

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #5,149 of 31,833
Some head-fiers have one IEM for each day of the month or year haha.

HAHA, i really laughed out loud.

LOL. Don't be ashame dear child.....I have a real problem too and think about seeing a pyschiatrist or something....there a very DISASTROUS photo of my....kitchen table....please don't judge me, cause its not normal, kinda out of control right now ahah! Share this pic so you feel more calm about your passion hehe (in fact, i'm quite ashame right now!!)

PS: Whats this TRN quad drivers???? Intriguing!

Hahaha. Kitchen tablet ? Jesus. Carefull to not burn any iem, It Would be unforgiveable.

The trn quad Drives appeared yesterday around here, here you got:

Newest TRN V10 2DD 2BA Hybrid In Ear
http://s.aliexpress.com/fIRrmEZ3
(from AliExpress Android)

I have no Shame. Actually they find funny and interesting, although they do not understand very well the need of it. But life is easy, you Just don't Trust a man that doesn't have a hobby.

For me, this hobby is the same thing to like music. What makes me like music so much, is the chance to hear a really feel It. I Just can't go back to listen to It without any quality. I dind't quite understand normal people, everyone in the World that likes music, shoud be a some kind of "audiophile". For me, it is inseparable.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #5,150 of 31,833
You were expecting crunchy?

My pair of ASK are quite neutral. When I first received them, they has virtually no sub-bass, but I quickly discovered that the dynamic drivers weren't glued in/sealed. Once I glued them in, a minor amount of sub-bass appeared. When I added KZ Starline tips, a bit more sub-bass appeared to where I'd call them balanced.

But again, sounds like a totally different profile from what @B9Scrambler reported. I know these have quite a bit QC variation, because there are a lot of inconsistencies in how these sound.

Also, the shape of the IEM is such that the vents wouldn't be covered by the wearer's ears. The vents are on the side, vs being on the rear face like the KZ ZST/ZS5/ZS6 for example. Heck, I even sealed some and all of my vents looking for changes in sub-bass/bass, and nothing. So my point is that the differences in sound signature people are hearing is not due to vents (which generally has the largest impact on sub-bass/bass).

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #5,152 of 31,833
HAHA, i really laughed out loud.

Hahaha. Kitchen tablet ? Jesus. Carefull to not burn any iem, It Would be unforgiveable.

The trn quad Drives appeared yesterday around here, here you got:

Newest TRN V10 2DD 2BA Hybrid In Ear
http://s.aliexpress.com/fIRrmEZ3
(from AliExpress Android)

I have no Shame. Actually they find funny and interesting, although they do not understand very well the need of it. But life is easy, you Just don't Trust a man that doesn't have a hobby.

For me, this hobby is the same thing to like music. What makes me like music so much, is the chance to hear a really feel It. I Just can't go back to listen to It without any quality. I dind't quite understand normal people, everyone in the World that likes music, shoud be a some kind of "audiophile". For me, it is inseparable.

OH, I already order this TRN ahah, if you got it before me please share some impressions here, and if you got the ZS5, its like the only 4drivers contender. They look way more comfy IMO

Yeah, as said, its not normal....and yes, I still eat there too, even soup....hum, and i'm a smoker. I'm quite disastrous but never broke any IEM in my life. Sure, one time I forget the Urbanfun outside when it was crazy rain, put it in a bag of rice and wasnt damage finally. Other time I drop the Piston 2 in my beer....was certain they will be broke but not, still work as new after 4 years.

I 100% agree with your sound philosophy, my obsession is firstly music, wich begin very soon, as a self-made man cause nobody can suggest me anything good but pop and rap, it is how I expend my curiousity about beauty and entertainement for the ears (2 different IMO), after this, I begin with big brand that my little knowledge permit me, especially buying used stuff from ebay cause i'm poor for real (I don't sell my ass, and should have think about earning my life from passion, but i'm somekind of an artist that don't want to sell his ass so its...contradictory, anyway, when I wanna make money, i make it appear), but even used it was too costy, so this is where chifi stuffs happen, once I find the first pair I try (Xiaomi Piston2) sound better than other sony, sennheiser, shure, yamaha etc IEM I have at this moment. This obsession is a little calm down tough, today im less impulsive. Exception may occur!

Dec 12, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #5,153 of 31,833
P.S. - You have some more room at the bottom of your table for some more headphones.
yeah...but its where I eat my ramen soup:wink:
Okay, I promess myself to clean the table today.
I think I was waiting to have a date here or something before doing it, but it did not happen so....time to clean!

Dec 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #5,154 of 31,833
OH, I already order this TRN ahah, if you got it before me please share some impressions here, and if you got the ZS5, its like the only 4drivers contender. They look way more comfy IMO

Yeah, as said, its not normal....and yes, I still eat there too, even soup....hum, and i'm a smoker. I'm quite disastrous but never broke any IEM in my life. Sure, one time I forget the Urbanfun outside when it was crazy rain, put it in a bag of rice and wasnt damage finally. Other time I drop the Piston 2 in my beer....was certain they will be broke but not, still work as new after 4 years.

I 100% agree with your sound philosophy, my obsession is firstly music, wich begin very soon, as a self-made man cause nobody can suggest me anything good but pop and rap, it is how I expend my curiousity about beauty and entertainement for the ears (2 different IMO), after this, I begin with big brand that my little knowledge permit me, especially buying used stuff from ebay cause i'm poor for real (I don't sell my ass, and should have think about earning my life from passion, but i'm somekind of an artist that don't want to sell his ass so its...contradictory, anyway, when I wanna make money, i make it appear), but even used it was too costy, so this is where chifi stuffs happen, once I find the first pair I try (Xiaomi Piston2) sound better than other sony, sennheiser, shure, yamaha etc IEM I have at this moment. This obsession is a little calm down tough, today im less impulsive. Exception may occur!

My story with the hobby started as soon as started to take music serious. From the time that i listened a detail in from the benefit of mt.kite from beatles, i never stopped looking for better quality audio.
One of the most exciting things is the process of Discovery. The "wows". From the cheap Samsung in ear that i heard some of the george martin and lennon details, i escaleted to a awei es900i, by the time i Found them awesome. Right now i find them a completely bloaty recessed mess. And then a senheiser cx180, that i took sometime to perceive that they was Million times better than the awei, after that i losted the senheiser's. And then i Found about KZ ate in here, buyed, another WOW. Then i Found audiobudget, found you guys...and started to get more iem's than a normal person Would do. Started to notice the importance of a good source... Anyway.

I'm not getting anyone of these i mentioned now. Something from these Will be the next's, but i'll wait a month or two. Right now i have 6 cheap iem's on the way. I'm planed to save money from Futile things to get one one budget, around 20$, iem per month. Infortunely here in Brazil 20$, turns to 70 BRL. Its like you guys in the Global North paying 70$ in a Zs5. But it's the life.

I Will pay atention to the impressions of trn. Of the ones that i mentioned. trn, the zsr and tianderline grabbed the most of my attention.

Take care guys!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #5,155 of 31,833
yeah...but its where I eat my ramen soup:wink:
Okay, I promess myself to clean the table today.
I think I was waiting to have a date here or something before doing it, but it did not happen so....time to clean!

ramen 47111281.jpg

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #5,156 of 31,833
My story with the hobby started as soon as started to take music serious. From the time that i listened a detail in from the benefit of mt.kite from beatles, i never stopped looking for better quality audio.
One of the most exciting things is the process of Discovery. The "wows". From the cheap Samsung in ear that i heard some of the george martin and lennon details, i escaleted to a awei es900i, by the time i Found them awesome. Right now i find them a completely bloaty recessed mess. And then a senheiser cx180, that i took sometime to perceive that they was Million times better than the awei, after that i losted the senheiser's. And then i Found about KZ ate in here, buyed, another WOW. Then i Found audiobudget, found you guys...and started to get more iem's than a normal person Would do. Started to notice the importance of a good source... Anyway.

I'm not getting anyone of these i mentioned now. Something from these Will be the next's, but i'll wait a month or two. Right now i have 6 cheap iem's on the way. I'm planed to save money from Futile things to get one one budget, around 20$, iem per month. Infortunely here in Brazil 20$, turns to 70 BRL. Its like you guys in the Global North paying 70$ in a Zs5. But it's the life.

I Will pay atention to the impressions of trn. Of the ones that i mentioned. trn, the zsr and tianderline grabbed the most of my attention.

Take care guys!

Having to drastically downsize meant parting with my lovely and loved (not to mention expensive) stereo equipment. New and smaller digs necessitated phones DAPs, DACs and amps.

Dec 12, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #5,157 of 31,833
There's Tingo's and Swings on aliexpress but i dunno maybe they're not the same.
So which would you recommend if i wanted something similar to G3's? They seem to fit me perfectly but yea, not available. Any recommendations would be fantastic!
Looking at your reviews Seahf AWK-009 should be similar? They are available at aliexpress as well.
I dont own the G3 but i would probably mention the UiiSii HM7 at ard the same price or probably cheaper than the seahf.

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #5,158 of 31,833
Mine have good bass, it is not overpowering though just a little north of neutral

With the glued drivers and Starline tips, that's a good description.

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #5,159 of 31,833
Dec 12, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #5,160 of 31,833
No swinging here.
Take the swing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back