CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #5,131 of 31,833
The Cashews also came in. Thankfully I've had none of the build quality issues the others mentioned. I only spent a song or two with them but they came across as bass cannons much like the Tiandirenhe. They're also wayyy bigger than they look in pics. They're huge!

Bass cannons? Wow, yet another example of how totally inconsistent (QC) the ASK hybrids appear to be. Mine are the furthest thing from a bass cannon, even after sealing the dynamic drivers and adding KZ Starlines. They are easily the lightest bass IEMs I own.

I WISH they were bass cannons LOL.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #5,132 of 31,833
Waiting for your impressio

Would be happy to see your impressions, Bass canons ? Some people Said that they lack some Sub-bass and Lean to a Bright signature. Curious.

It all goes down to the tips you use

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #5,133 of 31,833
Would be happy to see your impressions, Bass canons ? Some people Said that they lack some Sub-bass and Lean to a Bright signature. Curious.

Yeah, when they came in I was expecting something near neutral. Not even remotely what I'm hearing. With the QC issues the others have noted I'm really not surprised. The bass on these is pretty well rounded with a some mid-bass emphasis. Sub-bass certainly isn't lacking though. Overall a warm sound with a bit more treble emphasis and more forward mids than I'm getting out of the Tiandirenhe. I'm enjoying them so far. They seem worth the 30 CAD or whatever it was I paid. I would put them more or less on par with gear in the 50-70 USD range (DM5, RT-1, Meze twins, Audbos/Magaosi DB02, etc.) in terms of sound quality. At least from what I've heard so far. They've got maybe 5 hours on them now which isn't really enough to make any definitive statements beyond general surface level stuff.

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #5,134 of 31,833
Bass cannons? Wow, yet another example of how totally inconsistent (QC) the ASK hybrids are. Mine are the furthest thing from a bass cannon, eve after sealing the dynamic drivers.

I WISH they were bass cannons LOL.

Yeah, they're monsters. Not quite a bold as the Tians but not far off either. I threw on some foams for fun and geezuz...:open_mouth:

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #5,135 of 31,833
By bassy I mean this is one of the few iems in my collection that might unseat the original brass-ringed KZ ZS1 as my preferred guilty pleasure bass cannon.

You have my attention lol

How’s the comfort? Any hot spots?

What tips are you using/have you tried?

Do you have a link to these? I tried searching for the name and am coming up empty handed.

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #5,136 of 31,833
You have my attention lol

How’s the comfort? Any hot spots?

What tips are you using/have you tried?

Do you have a link to these? I tried searching for the name and am coming up empty handed.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tia...32833049133.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Guv47j

Last night I was using the stock pre-installed large tips. Swapped over to Spinfits today which are nicer. The stock tips are generic as ever but they work pretty well. Comfort is great. No hot spots. Any edges are smoothed out. Almost looks like it was done by hand tbh.

Looking at the above link I kind wish I opted for the upgrade cable. Looks nice. The stock one is 'good enough' material though.

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #5,137 of 31,833
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tia...32833049133.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Guv47j

Last night I was using the stock pre-installed large tips. Swapped over to Spinfits today which are nicer. The stock tips are generic as ever but they work pretty well. Comfort is great. No hot spots. Any edges are smoothed out. Almost looks like it was done by hand tbh.

Looking at the above link I kind wish I opted for the upgrade cable. Looks nice. The stock one is 'good enough' material though.

Cool, thanks. I was spelling the name wrong (the "i"s looked like lower case "L"s on the shell).

I have always liked the sound of bio fiber drivers, so I'll give these a try. I have 2 sets of brass-ringed ZS1 v1, but its nice to have a similar option for when my beloved ZS1 v1 finally die. Also that 10mm driver would be easy to swap out, and there's plenty of options for 10mm drivers including graphenes.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #5,138 of 31,833
Yeah, the G3 seemed to have disappeared without a trace. There was a replacement with a slightly different exterior finish but even those have vanished. Just dug my old pair out and, wow, they're excellent. In some ways I prefer them to the VE duke I'm trialing at the moment.

The Tingo seem to be hard to find, a guy who PMs me got stung with a faulty pair so tread carefully. BTW the G3 are noticeably superior to the Tingo

There's Tingo's and Swings on aliexpress but i dunno maybe they're not the same.
So which would you recommend if i wanted something similar to G3's? They seem to fit me perfectly but yea, not available. Any recommendations would be fantastic!
Looking at your reviews Seahf AWK-009 should be similar? They are available at aliexpress as well.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #5,139 of 31,833
Cool, thanks. I was spelling the name wrong (the "i"s looked like lower case "L"s on the shell).

I have always liked the sound of bio fiber drivers, so I'll give these a try. I have 2 set of ZS1 v1, but its nice to have a similar option for when they finally die. Also that 10mm driver would be easy to swap out, and there's plenty of options for 10mm drivers including graphenes.

Yw! Didn't realize they had bio-drivers. Cool. I barely did any research on them before buying, basing my purchase mostly on housing material, looks and MMCX, haha. Hope you enjoy them as much as I am. If you don't you at least have a good base for modding.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #5,140 of 31,833
There's Tingo's and Swings on aliexpress but i dunno maybe they're not the same.
So which would you recommend if i wanted something similar to G3's? They seem to fit me perfectly but yea, not available. Any recommendations would be fantastic!
Looking at your reviews Seahf AWK-009 should be similar? They are available at aliexpress as well.
the seafh are quite similar, albeit with more lowend emphasis. very good value

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #5,141 of 31,833

There are differences between the Tingo and the Swing.

Biggest soundstage I have is the Moni One but they're not available anymore. Next is the ZS5 v1 again probably not available, you're likely to end up with the V2 which I haven't heard but by all accounts aren't the same. Next would be G3, followed probably by the Seahf, the Seahf are also available from Amazon in the US for $10 so not a big risk. I think the Seahf are a bit bassier but probably as good as you can get for $10 IMO.

Dec 12, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #5,142 of 31,833
Yw! Didn't realize they had bio-drivers. Cool. I barely did any research on them before buying, basing my purchase mostly on housing material, looks and MMCX, haha. Hope you enjoy them as much as I am. If you don't you at least have a good base for modding.

I'm sure I will, as you and I have the same tastes.

BTW, these are the shells used, which I've thought about ordering in the past to DIY my own IEMs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MLL...l-For-Large-Size-Moving-Coil/32829067253.html

Seeing how when buying the shells in bulk it runs $12 each, the $22 cost for those finished Tiandirenhe IEMs (without cables) is very fair with no gouge factor (decent drivers with wiring, female MMCX, foam plugs, tips, labor, and packaging would add up to more than $10).

I'd love to slap in this graphene driver: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10m...agm-unit-diy-earphone-driver/32825962120.html

One would just need to add a BA for a hybrid IEM, or else remove & bridge the crossover components from the graphene driver if building a single driver IEM.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #5,143 of 31,833
Trn quad drivers, **** UEs, tianderlines bio driver, KZ Zsr, Marshall *cuf cuf* modes, nicehck bro/bgvp sgz-dn1. And you guys Keep coming with interesting iem's. The only thing that's keeping me safe from the addict is the lack of money... Haha. As soon as i got some income scolarship for research in university, i'll start to have some trouble. My Friends already started to find strage how i have one iem for each day. So funny. They have no Idea of How the majority of guys here are 10x times "worse" than me. I'm just a curious child

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #5,144 of 31,833
Trn quad drivers, **** UEs, tianderlines bio driver, KZ Zsr, Marshall *cuf cuf* modes, nicehck bro/bgvp sgz-dn1. And you guys Keep coming with interesting iem's. The only thing that's keeping me safe from the addict is the lack of money... Haha. As soon as i got some income scolarship for research in university, i'll start to have some trouble. My Friends already started to find strage how i have one iem for each day. So funny. They have no Idea of How the majority of guys here are 10x times "worse" than me. I'm just a curious child
LOL. Don't be ashame dear child.....I have a real problem too and think about seeing a pyschiatrist or something....there a very DISASTROUS photo of my....kitchen table....please don't judge me, cause its not normal, kinda out of control right now ahah! Share this pic so you feel more calm about your passion hehe (in fact, i'm quite ashame right now!!)
PC120600.JPG

PS: Whats this TRN quad drivers???? Intriguing!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #5,145 of 31,833
My Friends already started to find strage how i have one iem for each day. So funny. They have no Idea of How the majority of guys here are 10x times "worse" than me...

Some head-fiers have one IEM for each day of the month or year haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back