CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #4,381 of 31,833
Bass isn't my thing as I tend to listen to singer/songwriter stuff and overly bassy tends to upset the track.

The T2 does have fairly decent sub-bass but you could always try the ADAX HT06 which are available from Amazon.co.uk for £13 not sure what the shipping is like to Belgium though. Personally I'd wait for the ZS5s and see what you think of them before getting another pair.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #4,383 of 31,833
Your location appears in the top right hand corner of your post

I used to be a beer drinker but switched to beer

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #4,384 of 31,833
LOL. right corner shows origin :wink:

switching from beer to beer...hope it's belgian beer...otherwise it's water

Anyway that ADAX HT06 cought my attention , even german amazon sells it's for around 16 euro ...damn cheap! and i have seen your score system on that website (i guess you are the writer...:wink: )...

Having a nice belgium beer now ST. Feuillien Triple. Gold Medal on World Beer Awards.
Cheerz

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #4,388 of 31,833
Lol, distracted by a phone call, I meant to type Whisky (Malt). Mind you I think the original post works better. It's purely a waistline concern.

I do the budget reviews, Loomis does the abridged and Peter gets his hands on the expensive stuff.

Tullamore Dew 10yr Single Malt?

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #4,389 of 31,833
No, this isn't out of topic, we shouldn't be ashame of talking music a little, if it do not became too invasive, I mean...that's the food of audiophile, just the cooking differ hehe
And I'm quite happy to read lot of electronic group I know, even more the one I DON'T know, will filter these for sure:wink: Real curious open mind are quite rare to be honnest! For some, music is like clothes for style. Or a sad complaisance.
Here, in Canada, electronic scene suck, there Mutek festival wich is nice, but out of festivals, non mainstream groups are very rare, risk taking music is still less rare in Montreal were I live tough, but anyway, I prefer how my electronic sound with my DAP!
We can PM to share more music group or interesting download site were we can find some!

AND, what do you use as fav IEM with your Zishan Z2?

For sure, I'm making a list from spanish groups of electronic music and links to soundcloud to listen all of they. I will send you a PM.

In the other hand, now I'm using with Zishan Z2 the 1More Triple Driver. Finally I found some chi-fi foams from here, that works perfectly:

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-Eartips-For-In-Ear/1825606_32605250267.html?

Z2 is an special DAP, I think that due to its high impedance is not pair so well with several IEM's I have. With earbuds is perfect, but not with IEM's. With 1More works fine, they aren't the most clear IEM and Zishan Z2 is also warm for me, but the pairing is nice. Also works well with KZ ZS6, but not with ZS5, it's strange.

Sorry for my bad english.

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #4,390 of 31,833
Z2 is an special DAP, I think that due to its high impedance is not pair so well with several IEM's I have. With earbuds is perfect, but not with IEM's. With 1More works fine, they aren't the most clear IEM and Zishan Z2 is also warm for me, but the pairing is nice. Also works well with KZ ZS6, but not with ZS5, it's strange.
ZS5v1 vs ZS6, yeah? That's pretty normal and is indeed an impedance issue (high output impedance increases highs on ZS5v1 and reduces them on ZS6). There's a lot of information about it in the KZ thread.

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #4,392 of 31,833
Yes ZS5v1 vs ZS6. Normal? They are similar IEMS... I read KZ thread regularly but probably don't read about this question, is too large thread...
@hakuzen provided a wealth of data related to the issue and you can search the KZ thread for more of his posts, but here's the core issue, ZS5v1 vs ZS6 impedance:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1546#post-13774060
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1553#post-13777787

TLDR is yes, completely normal :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #4,393 of 31,833
[QUOTE="Vidal, post: 13836795, That's not a description I'd have used, boomy mid bass is the major characteristic of my pair.[/QUOTE]

Once you get past the bass though, its smooth sailing right? I bet its the dynamic driver causing that hump.

Are there any chifi iems with a Dual BA setup? I'd like to try those. Non chifi iems with a Dual BA setup share a charestiristic thats relatively flat up to 3k.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #4,394 of 31,833
Hey All, I'm not sure if it's appropriate but I've started a thread concerning my tough choices between my future sub 100eu purchase on the recommendation pagebecause it's not just chinese related.
I'm hesitating between pioneer se-9t, Fiio F9, Mee Audio P2, Moni One, Toneking Nine tails, Tfz King

"I'm indecisive! :confused:
As this will being going over my usual budget ( xe800, kz zs3 and zs5, brainwavz M1,M4, pistons 3 and HD...) I'm placing a greater concern on long term build quality and am worried about chi-fi but their performance can't be ignored.

What I wish :
I would like something detailed without fatigue (EQ can correct treble peaks?), replaceable cables and with the best soundstage because kz5 bests all the rest I have and I can't go back.:L3000:
An all arounder with clarity and not bass shy without harshness. I think the Simbot Pro would be my best choice but that is pushing my budget overboard unfortunately.

Although I can enjoy fast and fun modern music like recently found Infected mushroom or Savages, I find most pleasure for classic jazz, blues and rock. Charles mingus's moanin' is often a benchmark of mine, but so is Paco de Lucia/stevie ray to prodigy/bonobo/. A bit of everything really, as long as it's good :ksc75smile:

Would smoothing out the fiio f9 be possible (they're so purty)? Does the Pioneer have enough detail? Should I be worried about long term (1 - 3years) resilience with Chifi?:head_bandage:"

If anyone here could help me out I'd be grateful. I think I've done my research and
11.11 is coming!

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #4,395 of 31,833
Hey All, I'm not sure if it's appropriate but I've started a thread concerning my tough choices between my future sub 100eu purchase on the recommendation pagebecause it's not just chinese related.
I'm hesitating between pioneer se-9t, Fiio F9, Mee Audio P2, Moni One, Toneking Nine tails, Tfz King

"I'm indecisive! :confused:
As this will being going over my usual budget ( xe800, kz zs3 and zs5, brainwavz M1,M4, pistons 3 and HD...) I'm placing a greater concern on long term build quality and am worried about chi-fi but their performance can't be ignored.

What I wish :
I would like something detailed without fatigue (EQ can correct treble peaks?), replaceable cables and with the best soundstage because kz5 bests all the rest I have and I can't go back.:L3000:
An all arounder with clarity and not bass shy without harshness. I think the Simbot Pro would be my best choice but that is pushing my budget overboard unfortunately.

Although I can enjoy fast and fun modern music like recently found Infected mushroom or Savages, I find most pleasure for classic jazz, blues and rock. Charles mingus's moanin' is often a benchmark of mine, but so is Paco de Lucia/stevie ray to prodigy/bonobo/. A bit of everything really, as long as it's good :ksc75smile:

Would smoothing out the fiio f9 be possible (they're so purty)? Does the Pioneer have enough detail? Should I be worried about long term (1 - 3years) resilience with Chifi?:head_bandage:"

If anyone here could help me out I'd be grateful. I think I've done my research and
11.11 is coming!
How about some echobox audio traveler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back