CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 8, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #4,369 of 31,833
Oh, got the pro and other iem with the shell you talk...but over ear isnt really nice....if you want to take it off fast it not very practice. But well, MEMT intrigue me, round form really is need....I really hope the Musicmaker TK12 have like 5mm less and wonder if I can in fact cut 5mm from the back cause I fee its a esthetical choice and the drivers dont go there. hum.
oh and The Audiolight are kind of sold out now I think.

Any great sale for the Rose Aurora? Cause even at 62$ I can't convince myself to try them....must admit i find them quite ugly and cheap looking, this shell is used by 10$ cheapies too. SOundwise, appearance mean nothing tough.

I'm also interested in Rose Aurora, how does it compare to TFZ Exclusive 5?

And is it noticeably better than Tennmak Crazy Cello / Svara Red?

On another thread, I recently did a quick comparison of the three flat-style earphones that I've got -

With them connected to the Balanced output of my Onkyo DP-X1 (all EQ off), playing FLAC rips of some CDs, my quick impressions are:
The Tennmak Pro has the most Bass & Mid-Bass, but this seems to cause the sound stage to be closer / more closed-in.
The Rose Aurora seems to be the most "balanced / natural" sounding, but has less Bass impact (it has low Bass, just not as much).
The Kinera BA05 (appears to have been replaced by BD005) has a more "V" shaped sound, with less Mid-Bass than the Tennmak, and more Treble than the Tennmak or Rose.

EDIT: All three seem to have more Bass than the Crazy Cello. For the "cylindrical" style earphones, I prefer the sound of the less expensive HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50, over the Cello.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #4,370 of 31,833
HUM. Just read a FIVE stars review of Musicmaker T200 and really wonder why its FIVE stars.
Yeah, me too its about mostly electronic, cause I feel IEM are perfect for IDM hehe
But I listen to pretty focked up stuff that need good (micro) details and texture too, and if pay more than 50$ I would like that the IEM sound good with vocals and have some versatility, when bass is there, Jazz is not far too, classical is where problem happen for me, well, cello can have good body when bass is there.
Listen to stuff like Arca, Ametsub, Atom Tm, Alva Noto, Arovane, Ash Koosha, Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin, Antwood, Andy Stot, Burial, Beatrice Dillon, Byetone, Bonobo, Booka Shade, Bruno Pronsato, Boards of Canada, just to name some A & B. Whats your electronic favs? (A to Z if ya want)
Oh, and TK12s I talk about is from same place hehe

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

I'm a electronic music explorer, not only a fan of some groups, but I'm an IDM lover. Right now in muy Zishan Z2 (only 8GB sd card):

Anthony Parasole,Artefakt,Autechre,Ben Frost,Bjarki,Blondes,Bochum Welt,Carl Craig,CJ Bolland,Clark,Dopplereffekt,Fernando Lagreca,Forest Swords,Four Tet,Gas,Ghostly Enemies,Karen Gwyer,LCD Soundsystem,Lewis Fautzi,Lusine,Marc Marzenit,Minor Science,Mount Kimbie,Nathan Fake,Octave One,Pedro Vian,Plant43,Radioactive Man,,Sau Poler,Some Science,Soul Murderer,Soviet Gym,Varg,Yagya,Zuli

I know almost all the groups you listed, but always I'm searching new groups or old groups I never listened. At the end of the year I make a filter...
I live in barcelona, there are a very important electronic music festival called "Sonar" every june, now there are a lot of local groups making good music.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #4,371 of 31,833
Nov 8, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #4,374 of 31,833
Thanks so much Vidal, that website aproear.co.uk is wonderfull! I decided not to order the bgvp sgz dn1 finally, as i have the KZ ZS5 on the way... And they were reviewed better then these bgvp's.

Great website. Will check out the other one also.
Vidal, any good earphone you recommend for around 50 dollars /euro's max these days?

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #4,375 of 31,833
:L3000::L3000::L3000:

I'm a electronic music explorer, not only a fan of some groups, but I'm an IDM lover. Right now in muy Zishan Z2 (only 8GB sd card):

Anthony Parasole,Artefakt,Autechre,Ben Frost,Bjarki,Blondes,Bochum Welt,Carl Craig,CJ Bolland,Clark,Dopplereffekt,Fernando Lagreca,Forest Swords,Four Tet,Gas,Ghostly Enemies,Karen Gwyer,LCD Soundsystem,Lewis Fautzi,Lusine,Marc Marzenit,Minor Science,Mount Kimbie,Nathan Fake,Octave One,Pedro Vian,Plant43,Radioactive Man,,Sau Poler,Some Science,Soul Murderer,Soviet Gym,Varg,Yagya,Zuli

I know almost all the groups you listed, but always I'm searching new groups or old groups I never listened. At the end of the year I make a filter...
I live in barcelona, there are a very important electronic music festival called "Sonar" every june, now there are a lot of local groups making good music.

Sorry for the offtopic.

No, this isn't out of topic, we shouldn't be ashame of talking music a little, if it do not became too invasive, I mean...that's the food of audiophile, just the cooking differ hehe
And I'm quite happy to read lot of electronic group I know, even more the one I DON'T know, will filter these for sure:wink: Real curious open mind are quite rare to be honnest! For some, music is like clothes for style. Or a sad complaisance.
Here, in Canada, electronic scene suck, there Mutek festival wich is nice, but out of festivals, non mainstream groups are very rare, risk taking music is still less rare in Montreal were I live tough, but anyway, I prefer how my electronic sound with my DAP!
We can PM to share more music group or interesting download site were we can find some!

AND, what do you use as fav IEM with your Zishan Z2?

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #4,376 of 31,833
How is the **** 6in1 for 30$? Or anything better than that for around 30$?

It should be a definite upgrade over the the ZS5 v1 I'm using. I mean it should sound at least as good as the ZS5 with a bit more bass....?

Quite different soundsignature IMO, and, for my taste I prefer the ZS5 cause of details retreival, but 6in1 have more bass and is more comfy and I use them as much as ZS5. But if your looking for a big upgrad i'm not sure you will have the WOW you search, instrument separation and soundstage is better with ZS5. Fastly compare them right now, 6in1 are more dark laid back, have less air between instrument, less treble peak too in vocal, wich will sound better if they were more spot on. ZS5 feel more 3D.

You must know that ZS5 is a supreme value in therm of sound, so, you will have to clim higher in price range to find definite upgrade.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #4,377 of 31,833
That is a great price for the **** 6in1 and it is a better and more comfortable earphone IMO

And what about Tinaudio T2 and Svara Red, are they better than 6in1 in your opinion? Cause they can be find at around 35$.

Cause, the guy search a DEFINITE upgrade....a big step up....i'm happy to know you love that much the 6in1 Panda, I like them too, and feel they are underatted in term of popularity....but they rarely WOW me honnestly, just make shaking my head lot of time.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #4,378 of 31,833
On another thread, I recently did a quick comparison of the three flat-style earphones that I've got -

With them connected to the Balanced output of my Onkyo DP-X1 (all EQ off), playing FLAC rips of some CDs, my quick impressions are:
The Tennmak Pro has the most Bass & Mid-Bass, but this seems to cause the sound stage to be closer / more closed-in.
The Rose Aurora seems to be the most "balanced / natural" sounding, but has less Bass impact (it has low Bass, just not as much).
The Kinera BA05 (appears to have been replaced by BD005) has a more "V" shaped sound, with less Mid-Bass than the Tennmak, and more Treble than the Tennmak or Rose.

EDIT: All three seem to have more Bass than the Crazy Cello. For the "cylindrical" style earphones, I prefer the sound of the less expensive HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50, over the Cello.

BK-50 for 22$ is a steal enh?

Oh.....I think I will do it again....buy millions of sub 60$ IEM!! Damn! And I lookchifi headphones too (Bosshifi B8 surely).....

Infected. So infected.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #4,379 of 31,833
Vidal, any good earphone you recommend for around 50 dollars /euro's max these days?

I prefer balanced with strong treble so if that's your thing then the Tinaudio T2 are worth a look. The ZS5 recommendation was for the V1, I haven't heard the V2 which has both BAs in the nozzle.

Nov 8, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #4,380 of 31,833
Vidal, that Tinaudio T2 will be kept in my mind...if there are deals (coupons)...

But somehow, i like also bit dance / bass music but not always...at this moment i m using the KZ ZS3 and they are great for the bass excitement feeling but offcourse the treble is bit off...
What do you recommend for a bit more bass then the Tinaudio T2 but that has also a great treble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back