CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 7, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #31,786 of 31,833
just receive the Artti R1 yesterday but was to hooked to T10 to give them proper listen...

1707349128938.png

you know, when we got a big housing, it often mean big soundstage and thats exact case here, these arent bad but T10 are way better overall...
its a resonance issue here, so attack lack edge and control, bass lack a bit of rounded punch, thin and wide in smoothen slam, then mids are transparent and open but a bit too focus on upper mids....this mean its not the most versatile tuning and i need more listen to find where they excell if any..
classical seem OK, violin has this attack bite and is well layered, classical dont need punch in bass so...

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #31,787 of 31,833
Hello everyone, I have been reading many pages and I thank you and congratulations for sharing knowledge, at home I only have static (auralic +audeze carbon and Stax+ 009s) which together with the dap astell and kern fill my attention, but your thread has made me rethink the search in the IEM world for something relatively cheap (although it is not a problem) but to start in this audiophile section, I am looking for something to listen to rock-pop and that does not exceed 300 euros.. ...Thank you and best regards.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #31,788 of 31,833
Any ChiFi IEMs still out there with that long 2-3mm tip / nozzle? Almost every company has now gone to much wider bore size, making it impossible to use my favourite foam tips (comply P professional series that only fit 2-3mm size tips).

Used to buy NiceHK and AudioSense BA IEMs for this use, but both are no longer available.

So, what I'm after is something like below:

1709544435645.png

Mar 4, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #31,790 of 31,833
Any ChiFi IEMs still out there with that long 2-3mm tip / nozzle? Almost every company has now gone to much wider bore size, making it impossible to use my favourite foam tips (comply P professional series that only fit 2-3mm size tips).

Used to buy NiceHK and AudioSense BA IEMs for this use, but both are no longer available.

1709544435645.png
Good point. The small nozzle IEMs have kind of disappreared. Some new KZ pieces have smaller nozzles but not that small.

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #31,791 of 31,833

I have 2, NuForce HEM4 and Ultrasone IQ. Would you be interested in them?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #31,793 of 31,833
Ive been a lot busy lately and completely fell out of audio circle. I was wondering if anyone could in few words point me towards "budget" chifi TWS offerings? I would appreciate it lots. Tyy
I have the QCY T5 (based on Crinacle ratings) and they sound very good. Chintzy build, micro USB, and mediocre pairing user experience. Also like most TWS, large tips won't fit in the charging case. Very cheap. Hard to beat sound quality for the price.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #31,795 of 31,833
Ive been a lot busy lately and completely fell out of audio circle. I was wondering if anyone could in few words point me towards "budget" chifi TWS offerings? I would appreciate it lots. Tyy
Moondrop Space Travel at $25, great sound overall.
The Moondrop Link app lets you choose the sound profile (monitor, reference, basshead) and customize the touch controls.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #31,796 of 31,833
Moondrop Space Travel at $25, great sound overall.
The Moondrop Link app lets you choose the sound profile (monitor, reference, basshead) and customize the touch controls.
Thanks. Ive got Sony WF-XB700 right now and they are so bass heavy no amount of EQ helps. Not to mention how much it muddies the sound all the way to mids leaving only highs to pierce your ears. Looking forward to Space Travels

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #31,798 of 31,833
Thanks. Ive got Sony WF-XB700 right now and they are so bass heavy no amount of EQ helps. Not to mention how much it muddies the sound all the way to mids leaving only highs to pierce your ears. Looking forward to Space Travels
The Space Travel is scary good for how cheap it is. They also just launched the Golden Ages at $79.99 with a planar driver and LDAC support and I ordered one but I don't have it yet, it's still in shipping. I hope it's a better Space Travel in terms of technicalities and detail retrieval.

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #31,799 of 31,833
The Space Travel is scary good for how cheap it is. They also just launched the Golden Ages at $79.99 with a planar driver and LDAC support and I ordered one but I don't have it yet, it's still in shipping. I hope it's a better Space Travel in terms of technicalities and detail retrieval.

They're advertised as 6 hrs battery, we'll see how it goes with Planar and LDAC. I automatically pass on any TWS with <6hr battery life. Preferably >8hr as battery degrade in various pace depending how lucky we're. Bought some sealed older model(2021) TWS recently advertised 8hr but only last 4+ hrs out of the box, on the other hand Trn BT20s Pro still going strong after years of regularly use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back