CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 1, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #31,771 of 31,833
I think the "POP Suppression" thing is so that when users insert or remove a earphone from the source, it don't create a huge "POP" sound.

That is something that happens in poorly implemented sources, which may be an annoyance or may even harm the drivers if the POP is very loud.
can confirm...this does happen

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #31,772 of 31,833
My listening session today was so nice. The DTE500 can sound sooo good and play music with such detail and atmosphere. It is def more mid and treble focused and the bass isnt sounding that good. I looked at the dte900 but the tuning according to the graphs would be so awful for my taste. It might just be the utter lack of graphs for the dte900 that put me off. i wish there were more graphs since that model was so popular. The people at Sound Rhyme should try making an IEM with a planar driver next. I dig the SR sound so much.
right bass is guilty pleasure but i love it this way, in fact as we noted they are a bit source picky so with Xduoo X20 its way less bassy and not as guilty...
mids and treble quality is sure better, this EST snappy brilliant yet non offensive highs are so addictive.

lol, i have the same reaction seing DTE900 graph....i guess Soundrhyme go treble head cause all other tuning are rather smooth and low in pina gain-upper mids and overall treble boost...

for smooth tuning, have you try Hisenior offering like T4 (4knowles BA) or Okavango 1dd6BA

Oka has similar tonal balance in fact...but no EST so not as crisp on top and hint brighter too

graph (5).pnggraph (6).png

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #31,773 of 31,833
It needs a power output from USB charger.
oh....tbh, i need more battery powered dac-amp....since my TRI TK2 is broken im a bit sad....i mean, i have iFi Gryphon but not biggest fan then Xduoo XD05plus is a bit noisy...have high impedance too i feel...

have you try Douk Audio U5? it blow my mind for the little price....but its XLR bal so you need bal dac...

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #31,774 of 31,833
graph (11).png

55$ planar that actualy sound freakin GOOD.

for me, it seem the budget planar game changer....i wait for this since so long so i will not hide my hyping but need more listen to be sure im not insane.

these were quite hyped on Chifi Love in fact, so kuddos to Joel who try them first.

but this need to not be forget....notably better than 2x pricier and overhyped NiceHCK F1pro (which confirm im done for good with HCK...)

https://volkchoi.com/products/artti-t10-huge-planar-headphones-wired-in-ear-monitors-hifi-earphones

sorry i struggle a bit to be active on headfi....i have my reasons. let say KZ sponsoring was the drop that was too much....

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #31,775 of 31,833
graph (11).png

for me, it seem the budget planar game changer....i wait for this since so long so i will not hide my hyping but need more listen to be sure im not insane.

these were quite hyped on Chifi Love in fact, so kuddos to Joel who try them first.

but this need to not be forget....notably better than 2x pricier and overhyped NiceHCK F1pro (which confirm im done for good with HCK...)

https://volkchoi.com/products/artti-t10-huge-planar-headphones-wired-in-ear-monitors-hifi-earphones

sorry i struggle a bit to be active on headfi....i have my reasons. let say KZ sponsoring was the drop that was too much....
Artti has got some decent stuff. I bought the R1 recently, although it has a beryllium plated dynamic driver it sounds really good.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #31,776 of 31,833
Artti has got some decent stuff. I bought the R1 recently, although it has a beryllium plated dynamic driver it sounds really good.
Indeed, Artti is a new comer with ALOT of potential. ill follow them closely now.

R1 seem very good, warmer than T10 but quite holographic and well balanced...

1707167376926.png

im still hooked to T10 tough...very versatile tuning, listening to Domi&JD Beck speedy thumpy music and it sound super..still trying to find a track that T10 sound wonky or something cant find it!

55$...................................................daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. KZ PR can go hide itself in a prehistoric cavern, Artti is the budget planar killer it seem. twas about time.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #31,777 of 31,833
thats the track T10 is handling like a champ right now

ridiculously good.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #31,778 of 31,833

Some people do seem to consider the F1 pro an upgrade. I was thinking of getting one but now you say the complete opposite I am unsure aha. Anyways I am enjoying the T10 immensely as well I just don't have a lot of reference in the IEM world yet. I do know I love it a lot more than my PR3

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #31,779 of 31,833
Some people do seem to consider the F1 pro an upgrade. I was thinking of getting one but now you say the complete opposite I am unsure aha. Anyways I am enjoying the T10 immensely as well I just don't have a lot of reference in the IEM world yet. I do know I love it a lot more than my PR3
sayin this is indeed upside down world from what i hear....
i try convincing myself to review F1pro today...until it depress me too much.
then T10 come in. I fastly AB them....T10 is cleaner, smoother, more balance, better bass performance, better everything tbh...more snappy treble, bass line arent resonant mess...
T10 has a special plastic that seem to absorb resonance while F1pro reflect it out of wack everywhere....this CAN'T be graphed...so...
tbh, ill compare it to better IEM like S12 and Kefine Klanar....

if you wanna go T10 upgrade, its above 100$ price range. perhaps Tinhifi P1plus for more neutral and analytical clean tonality....then, Hidizs MP145 for bigger soundstage....Letshuoer S15 is good but not worth it price value wise is a big diminushing sound benefit return compare to T10...skyhigh value.

i think T10 will kick in they ass planar IEM maker to wake up and stop over using same planar driver...

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #31,780 of 31,833
sayin this is indeed upside down world from what i hear....
i try convincing myself to review F1pro today...until it depress me too much.
then T10 come in. I fastly AB them....T10 is cleaner, smoother, more balance, better bass performance, better everything tbh...more snappy treble, bass line arent resonant mess...
T10 has a special plastic that seem to absorb resonance while F1pro reflect it out of wack everywhere....this CAN'T be graphed...so...
tbh, ill compare it to better IEM like S12 and Kefine Klanar....

if you wanna go T10 upgrade, its above 100$ price range. perhaps Tinhifi P1plus for more neutral and analytical clean tonality....then, Hidizs MP145 for bigger soundstage....Letshuoer S15 is good but not worth it price value wise is a big diminushing sound benefit return compare to T10...skyhigh value.

i think T10 will kick in they ass planar IEM maker to wake up and stop over using same planar driver...
I had the MP145 for a while but the fit was bad for me and it didn't sound great for me. I guess my preference lies with warmer less forward IEMs.
Do you use an aftermarket cable with your T10? If so which one?

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #31,781 of 31,833
I had the MP145 for a while but the fit was bad for me and it didn't sound great for me. I guess my preference lies with warmer less forward IEMs.
well, first sound impressions was based with Simgot LC7 cable+Fiio KA17 dongle...was thinking cable is crap then i just go take it and its a very nice one, 4.4 bal so im OK and tbh it dont worth urgent upgrade, sound is dynamic, open and at least 99% similar to LC7....i will not AB those cables, if it was sounding bad i would but it dont...ok, perhaps a hint less clean and crisp sounding...ok i might compare fastly some cable when i have time.

i jsut check Headfi '''''''''''''''''reviews''''''''''''''' of those T10...their were nothing 2 read and its most depressing and lazy and ultra subjectivist graph wanker thing ive seen too...so sad. man.

so ok, LC7 has leaner cleaner current transmission, its indeed better than stock cable. its an excellent modular cable but a bit pricey (70$), yet, its sub100$ so its not lunatic buy.
its my do-it-all cable. way better than tri grace S both in transmission and built, its a smooth flexible thick cable, not sturdy one like Grace S. in fact, it a hint more bassy with stock cable...not in a good way.

nonetheless, they dont sound bad with stock cable, if they did....no cable will heal it miraculously. ive try all cable possible with PR2 nothing heal it.

oh and for MP145, i can understand...mids arent the most appealing to my ears but not plain bad too...soundstage is so massive i can get lost in music easily which is nice. i call the housing ''whalegantic''.....its main con imo...but part of soundstage too..simple math really. more space, more headroom...so....hum, depending what you seek P1plus is (another) underatted solution. or Raptgo Hook X HBb but its discontinued...

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #31,782 of 31,833
When did you get your MP145 and is it the gold titanium version? It turns out Hidizs has been secretly retuning their regular MP145 to become worse (they are switching out parts for plastic ones) and kept the good tuning with the gold titanium version. I just mine today and man…the bass is amazing on the neutral ear tips. There is also the vocal ear tips which I suspect is for mid focused sounds.

The MP145 gold titanium driven by the BTR7 amp/dac dongle. These sounds 95% like my 1.4k USD HiFiman HEK stealth headphones, except much more bass. The bass does bleed a bit into the mid.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #31,783 of 31,833
When did you get your MP145 and is it the gold titanium version?
Around a week before Shortbus released the video showing they changed it. I admit I did take out the foam and tried it without filters but due to the bad fit I didn't experiment any further to try and get better sound which on hindsight I should have done. I returned them and already got my money back

Feb 7, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #31,784 of 31,833
When did you get your MP145 and is it the gold titanium version? It turns out Hidizs has been secretly retuning their regular MP145 to become worse (they are switching out parts for plastic ones) and kept the good tuning with the gold titanium version. I just mine today and man…the bass is amazing on the neutral ear tips. There is also the vocal ear tips which I suspect is for mid focused sounds.

The MP145 gold titanium driven by the BTR7 amp/dac dongle. These sounds 95% like my 1.4k USD HiFiman HEK stealth headphones, except much more bass. The bass does bleed a bit into the mid.
For a while the MP145 were my best IEM but than the 1more P50 came and they were my second best. Shortly after my Sennheiser IE 200 came which made the MP145 my third best IEM. Unfortunately my 7Hz Timeless AE arrived which made them my fourth best IEM. They still sound decent though.

Feb 7, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #31,785 of 31,833
about this MP145 story....ive PM Mike Bruce and he say he got a second pair that sound better....first one might be QC dunno
as for back filter, i PM Hidizs...they tell me its just different color printed plastic...
i dont have new batch though so can't comment and for my investigation is done.

MP145 is all about immense soundstage for me, im not a fan of timbre or mids...but it's among most loved planar IEM for sure..well, until a new impressive one come out i guess.

wonder what happen with Timeless V2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back