CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #31,816 of 31,833
Juzear Clear is also worth a look.

EPZ Q1 pro is under your budget and less bass focused. Possibly better for ambient.

Both are sets that get grabbed in preference when I'm heading out of the house. Non-fatiguing for long listening sessions and enjoyable for a wide range of music. :L3000:
I am enjoying the Q1 Pro and they are a decent set however I just couldn't get along with the cable.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #31,818 of 31,833
Found a used but perfect condition Singolo for 55$ what do you all think?
Should I pick them up? :thinking:
Run away from it as fast as you can 😬

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #31,821 of 31,833
It’s the singolo that concerns me. I have one. Used it for 3 hours and now it is for sale. Even with a big discount and a free pair of good eartips (Spinfit, Spiraldot or Xelastec) nobody wants to buy them. Guess that’s why you can buy them for cheap. I don’t know why Crinacle promotes this IEM. From the cheap cable, terrible eartips and the crappy (lol I typed a other word but head-fi automatically changed it to crappy😂) sound.
Yesterday my Kiwi Ears Cadenza arrived and they are so much better. KARS is just a marketing gimmick. Doesn’t add anything. Like the bass on the Cadenza sounds much better. So does the bass on the Ziigaat Nuo and TRN Conch I own. These are 30,- euro (or less) IEM’s.
If Crinacle keeps this up nobody will take him seriously anymore. If I didn’t know Kiwi Ears (they can make decent IEM’s) I would think it was a scam.
Anyway you must do what you want but do some research before you decide (and by research I don’t mean watching Crinacles YT vid about the Singolo which made, stupid me, buy them). I will not buy a Crinacle collaboration anytime soon…
For the price there are a lot better IEM’s.
I can recommend any IEM I own (see my signature ) and I am kinda picky but in the end it is all about personal preference.
Except for the Singolo. I can’t imagine anyone to prefer these.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #31,822 of 31,833
It’s the singolo that concerns me. I have one. Used it for 3 hours and now it is for sale. Even with a big discount and a free pair of good eartips (Spinfit, Spiraldot or Xelastec) nobody wants to buy them. Guess that’s why you can buy them for cheap. I don’t know why Crinacle promotes this IEM. From the cheap cable, terrible eartips and the crappy (lol I typed a other word but head-fi automatically changed it to crappy😂) sound.
Yesterday my Kiwi Ears Cadenza arrived and they are so much better. KARS is just a marketing gimmick. Doesn’t add anything. Like the bass on the Cadenza sounds much better. So does the bass on the Ziigaat Nuo and TRN Conch I own. These are 30,- euro (or less) IEM’s.
If Crinacle keeps this up nobody will take him seriously anymore. If I didn’t know Kiwi Ears (they can make decent IEM’s) I would think it was a scam.
Anyway you must do what you want but do some research before you decide (and by research I don’t mean watching Crinacles YT vid about the Singolo which made, stupid me, buy them). I will not buy a Crinacle collaboration anytime soon…
I can recommend any IEM I own (see my signature ) and I am kinda picky but in the end it is all about personal preference.
Hmm interesting.
I also heard that the nozzle maybe too short which can cause fit issues so I might avoid them.
Thanks for answering :)

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #31,823 of 31,833
Found a used but perfect condition Singolo for 55$ what do you all think?
Should I pick them up? :thinking:
hell yeah you should

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #31,824 of 31,833
hell yeah you should
😭
You can better buy the Ziigaat Nuo. Twice as good and almost 1/3 of the price.
KARS is just a gimmick and doesn’t add anything to the sound.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #31,825 of 31,833
😭
You can better buy the Ziigaat Nuo. Twice as good and almost 1/3 of the price.
KARS is just a gimmick and doesn’t add anything to the sound.
KARS is not a gimmick and it's very commonly used in speakers.
Now, does it do anything in an IEM? It appears so.
Is it worth the cost? Probably not.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #31,826 of 31,833
KARS is not a gimmick and it's very commonly used in speakers.
Now, does it do anything in an IEM? It appears so.
Is it worth the cost? Probably not.
KARS stands for Kiwi Acoustic Resonance System (see Linsoul) so how can this be commonly used in speakers? Are there Kiwi speakers I am not aware of but you do?
The Ziigaat Nuo has a deeper bass than the Singolo, even the TRN Conch does, so what does it do?
The bass only sounds (kinda) good when I use the bass switch on my Fiio Q3 or Xbass on my hip dac 3. But then again so does the bass on the Nuo or Conch.
Why does it appear so? Did you listened to them or is it because Crinacle said so?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #31,827 of 31,833
Only crappy sound if you don't fit it right, which is actually a challenge in its own right.

I mean the IEM is tuned 100% matching the Monarch 2 up until mid-treble, with only 1DD rather than a full array of BAs. What else do you expect, tonality wise?

(Speaking as someone having serious conflict of interest due to feuds with Crinacle over his ranking list in the past)

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #31,828 of 31,833
And how do you feel about the Aful P8? I had mine for a week before I put them up for sale…way to bright for me…Replaced them for the Timeless AE and I am happy I did…
I find the timeless better, I even find the Hidisz MP145 better….

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #31,829 of 31,833
And how do you feel about the Aful P8? I had mine for a week before I put them up for sale…way to bright for me…Replaced them for the Timeless AE and I am happy I did…
I find the timeless better, I even find the Hidisz MP145 better….
Wherever you shop has a generous return policy :beyersmile:

IEMs with long nozzles and upper treble response generally design for a deep fit and create annoying glares and peak with shallow fit. I’m not 100% happy with the tuning but the technical performance is enough to hang with the rest of my daily drivers. It’s a great deal, tbh, since you can always EQ but good technical performance is rare.

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #31,830 of 31,833
Hifigo charges 30% restocking fee and I have to pay the international shipping cost so usually I buy from Amazon but they did not have the P8. I use Apple music on a iPhone so EQ is not possible for me 😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back