CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 18, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #29,881 of 31,868
T FD3 Pro is interesting. Overall, for me at the price, the build quality is excellent. The cable is great. The shells do have some weight to them but I didn’t find them to be an issue. Sound-wise, you’ll want to spend some time to dial them in with the tuning tubes and tips. Or just tip roll. The FD7 tuning tubes also fit the FD3 Pro incase you feel it’s worth tweaking. I ordered the green tube as someone on one of the Chi-Fi FB groups rec’d it. I’m still evaluating it but so far I’m liking it. I need to spend some time A/B’ing it with the included sound tubes. But it seems the top end got smoothed out with the green tubes yet still retaining a lot of detail. Soundstage might be a little wider too. Someone else mentioned that the green tubes also tamed the mid-bass hump too.

FiiO FD5/FD3/FD7 Sound Tubes
That's interesting. I am using the black tubes and the "bass" silicone tips and find this gives me the best balance between bass and treble without the mids being too recessed. I find the FD3 to be very musical and entertaining.

Apr 18, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #29,882 of 31,868
The FD3 Pro is interesting. Overall, for me at the price, the build quality is excellent. The cable is great. The shells do have some weight to them but I didn’t find them to be an issue. Sound-wise, you’ll want to spend some time to dial them in with the tuning tubes and tips. Or just tip roll. The FD7 tuning tubes also fit the FD3 Pro incase you feel it’s worth tweaking. I ordered the green tube as someone on one of the Chi-Fi FB groups rec’d it. I’m still evaluating it but so far I’m liking it. I need to spend some time A/B’ing it with the included sound tubes. But it seems the top end got smoothed out with the green tubes yet still retaining a lot of detail. Soundstage might be a little wider too. Someone else mentioned that the green tubes also tamed the mid-bass hump too.

FiiO FD5/FD3/FD7 Sound Tubes
Yes, built quality seem great and i hope the fit is good too. The PRO modular cable seem great too.
I did enjoy the FD1 and FD3 seem less V shape and more balanced...gonna try sound tube you suggest too.

Apr 18, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #29,883 of 31,868
Guys...i know its not the best place to share about SF....but the Sinfer diitii siixth MAX is now on sale in (legit) stores on Ali express.
50$. including modular cable.
Ill order one for sure. this is like a diitii siixth with knowles BA....this seem to beautifull to be true but who know!

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #29,884 of 31,868
That's interesting. I am using the black tubes and the "bass" silicone tips and find this gives me the best balance between bass and treble without the mids being too recessed. I find the FD3 to be very musical and entertaining.
I was going with the red tubes as I felt the black tubes were obscuring a bit of the holographic nature I was perceiving at some point and wanted to preserve that. But I tip rolled a lot to find something that softened the edge while still preserving that character. Azla SednaEarfit Light did the trick for me. They are definitely musical and pleasing.

And while I’m replying to you, my AS12 also arrived too! I picked these up based on your recs over on the KZ thread.

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #29,885 of 31,868
Guys...i know its not the best place to share about SF....but the Sinfer diitii siixth MAX is now on sale in (legit) stores on Ali express.
50$. including modular cable.
Ill order one for sure. this is like a diitii siixth with knowles BA....this seem to beautifull to be true but who know!
Mine is on the way, really looking forward to it!

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #29,886 of 31,868
Mine is on the way, really looking forward to it!
me too....but as always, it will take ages to reach Canada I guess....
its a bit sad that this brand is still censor here since the problematic seller dont even have them in its store.
but im still afraid to share Ali link...hope people understand the IEM we talk about lol

any other exciting IEM on the way to you mate?

I learn to appreciate the Fiio JH3.

And just discover today i forget to do a written review of one of my fav 2021 IEM, the Tinhifi P1plus. These will be under appreciate for a very specific reason: near impossible right ear tips choice. The impact on sound presentation is just insanely intense....from lean bright compressed sound to out of your head ultra open airy holographic sound with beautifull timbre incredible imaging and layering and warm bass slam....just crazy. I wish everybody can test those cheap eartips with them:
1650298134374.png

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #29,887 of 31,868
me too....but as always, it will take ages to reach Canada I guess....
its a bit sad that this brand is still censor here since the problematic seller dont even have them in its store.
but im still afraid to share Ali link...hope people understand the IEM we talk about lol

any other exciting IEM on the way to you mate?

I learn to appreciate the Fiio JH3.

And just discover today i forget to do a written review of one of my fav 2021 IEM, the Tinhifi P1plus. These will be under appreciate for a very specific reason: near impossible right ear tips choice. The impact on sound presentation is just insanely intense....from lean bright compressed sound to out of your head ultra open airy holographic sound with beautifull timbre incredible imaging and layering and warm bass slam....just crazy. I wish everybody can test those cheap eartips with them:
1650298134374.png
Yes, it is sad that the brand is "verboten" here. The MT300 is another excellent model. The JH3 is underrated, I think, it is vibrant and engaging and a good buy at the price. No others on the way at the moment, but I have been visiting my back catalogue and have been enjoying my TRI i3 (Original) over the last few days, very dramatic and entertaining!

Apr 18, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #29,888 of 31,868
Yes, it is sad that the brand is "verboten" here. The MT300 is another excellent model. The JH3 is underrated, I think, it is vibrant and engaging and a good buy at the price. No others on the way at the moment, but I have been visiting my back catalogue and have been enjoying my TRI i3 (Original) over the last few days, very dramatic and entertaining!
Oh, the first I3....never try it...do you have the Pro too? wonder how they compare, i love unique U shape signature of the Pro.

Are you aware of the upcoming Kbear INK? not alot of info yet...but it have a very similar shell to the Believe....one of my fav KBear-Tri IEM ever.

Indeed, lotta underatted chifi IEM...as well as perhaps overhyped ones too...or perhaps, their jsut a too big offer for the demand (i wonder sometime).

Apr 18, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #29,889 of 31,868
No, I haven't heard about the Ink, have you any information about it? If it's anything like the Believe that should be interesting. I love my Believe, it's in my top three along with the i3 and my IKKO OH1S. I prefer the original i3 to the Pro, it has a magic about it that's hard to define. It has a bolder, more "cinematic" sound perfect for my favourite genres.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #29,890 of 31,868
Well, I've been keeping MT300 in my collection. I still like them for their price and the accessories came along with them. However, there were certainly doubts about the brand claiming that MT300 has TDK's EST drivers.

I shared a post in another thread discussing the possibilities of putting an EST into the headphones which have such low price. I also searched and couldn't find anything in TDK inventory that's an EST driver. Even from the pictures, it didn't look like EST but piezo.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geek-wold-discussion.958787/post-16471083

Now, I'm checking this new dt6max.

-1089805292-725694059.jpg

-1088315811802847436.jpg

Looks like they correctly mentioned this time that they use piezo. Okay! I'm fine with this. At least sounds more realistic.

However, please help me to understand. How's it possible that they use Knowles 31736?

These headphones are being sold at 60$ now with all these accessories...

When I check the price of Knowles 31736, I see the price is 25$!

Screenshot_20220418-220631_AliExpress.jpg

How's that possible to put DD + Knowles 31736 + Piezo with such a low price? Consider also the fact that in China they're being sold for a much cheaper price...

Seriously, I have doubts with this brand. I welcome any suggestions/opinions from the knowledgeable people here!

And let's say that they really used knowles 31736 and most probably for the treble part.
-98757641764670851.jpg

I see a big spike between 3-4khz. So, I'd expect some brightness that may not be bearable for sensitive people.

I'd really like smb to teardown these and check if they really use what they claim.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #29,891 of 31,868
Well, I've been keeping MT300 in my collection. I still like them for their price and the accessories came along with them. However, there were certainly doubts about the brand claiming that MT300 has TDK's EST drivers.

I shared a post in another thread discussing the possibilities of putting an EST into the headphones which have such low price. I also searched and couldn't find anything in TDK inventory that's an EST driver. Even from the pictures, it didn't look like EST but piezo.

Looks like they correctly mentioned this time that they use piezo. Okay! I'm fine with this. At least sounds more realistic.

However, please help me to understand. How's it possible that they use Knowles 31736?

How's that possible to put DD + Knowles 31736 + Piezo with such a low price? Consider also the fact that in China they're being sold for a much cheaper price...

Seriously, I have doubts with this brand. I welcome any suggestions/opinions from the knowledgeable people here!

And let's say that they really used knowles 31736 and most probably for the treble part.

I see a big spike between 3-4khz. So, I'd expect some brightness that may not be bearable for sensitive people.

I'd really like smb to teardown these and check if they really use what they claim.
The 31736 is a double BA, while the BA they show in their picture is a single BA. I think it's more likely that it's a Knowles 33518, which is a much cheaper BA that has been used by other chifi brands, such as TRN in the TA series.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #29,892 of 31,868

-1089805292-725694059.jpg
-1088315811802847436.jpg

Screenshot_20220418-220631_AliExpress.jpg

-98757641764670851.jpg

Everything is much cheaper on taobao and even more so when they buy in big batches.

1650313282310.png

1650313307245.png
1650313328807.png

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #29,893 of 31,868
The 31736 is a double BA, while the BA they show in their picture is a single BA. I think it's more likely that it's a Knowles 33518, which is a much cheaper BA that has been used by other chifi brands, such as TRN in the TA series.
I was suspecting this also. They used 33518 in dt9 as well if I'm not mistaken.

There's a single BA in the picture but it has 31736 on it.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #29,894 of 31,868
Yes, I thought that as well. They used the 33518 in the MT300. I have a suspicion that the Max is a reworking of the MT300 since it also comes in a similar packaging.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #29,895 of 31,868
Everything is much cheaper on taobao and even more so when they buy in big batches.

Well, it can be considered this way. I took this into account.

I couldn't find the link of DT6Max in taobao. I do remeber it was cheaper. We can say that they can get/gather the pieces for a cheaper price. However, that seems to me very small gross margin.

I'm also not sure if they went with the piezos that you showed.

I'd think this rather :

Screenshot_20220418-222731_Opera.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back