CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 1, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #28,832 of 31,833
Oct 1, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #28,833 of 31,833
You are lucky to have stores with good choice of earphone you may audition :)

In Italy I don't know any store that give this possibility and in the italian stores I've never see the earphones we talk in this tread but Sony, JBL and similar notorious brands or many others very crappy iems on sale at inflated price.

I'll have to buy and hope on AliExpress, our import free tax limit is e.22.

This is the reason I find all yours reviews, impressions and recommendations really precious to me. :)))

Thank's all guys!
I took me awhile to find one. The first one i found is Jaben.
But per my experience, this kind of hobby stores talks to each other.
So if you find one, you'll can ask them where is the other stores.

I found Yourearpartners through Jaben. Since Jaben is more mid to high end and my budget is more of low-end products, they actually recommend me the other stores that have way more sub-$100 options.

Oct 1, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #28,834 of 31,833
Received Monarch, out of the box, I can say it's flawless... this is really the "endgame" IEM for me.

I was so surprised, it's just like TFZ Tequila, KBear Believe, and Periodic Audio Be meshed up together to create harmony...

I was so surprised that it can handle any genre. Even KBear Believe and TFZ Tequila, there are some songs that just don't agree with those two.

Imaging is top-notch, the best so far I heard from any IEM, well-executed treble, even for some song that can be sibilance in KBear Believe (Savage by ACE), Mid - just tuned right not in your face and not too far behind also, just beautiful, Bass - great sub-bass, really hit when it needs the BOOM.

Sound staging and 3D presentation... It is just like having a personal stage, it’s like having your favorite artist singing next to you. Since imaging and layering is top notch, it is just like watching a concert where you sit right in the center of the concert. I LOVE it much.

It is a big IEM though, the same size as CA16. I guess 6 months saving really paid off.
Jeez, I know I've been away from this game for a while, but this section sure did change if the Monarch is considered budget 😉.

Oct 1, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #28,835 of 31,833
What are opinions on the Etymotic ER3SE or ER3XR? Worth picking up if already have (and love) the ER2SEs. Both the ER3SE and 3XR are currently on sale for $69.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #28,836 of 31,833
I recieved my NRA during this period and honestly, they're good but are they good enough to compel me ditch my other sub $50 IEMs? Probably not. The reason being that the stock package is quite underwhelming. The stock tips are so bad that they make you think you have bought some dollar store IEM.

With little tip rolling, they're value for money IEMs. They're good but they're not killer IEMs that I hoped it to be. Maybe, I had high expectations. Heart Mirror is still my budget king and I feel it will take some serious disruption in the price segment to dethrone them.

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #28,837 of 31,833
Exactly why I keep my budget under 150, honestly 70 bucks is enough for a good pair.
Got these reecho SG-03 for 70 and I feel they are perfect for bass heads, paid 70 for my starfield used, sound amazing... Just ordered a pair of er2xr for about 65, all that talk about diminishing returns and I have met alot of executives, studied enough economics to realize its all marketing. But people get excited and beleive some iem is actually worth 1000+ for CA iems, (that I have understood have very poor qc and there ceo seems fairly slimy) then they listen with through some overpriced astell player (as far as I remember they don't have very good output impedance so would colour iems in a bad way) but that's the world we live in.

I will stick to buying used under 100 iems every few years.

that’s what I thought initially, until my 24th earbuds… lol.

Oct 1, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #28,838 of 31,833
I recieved my NRA during this period and honestly, they're good but are they good enough to compel me ditch my other sub $50 IEMs? Probably not. The reason being that the stock package is quite underwhelming. The stock tips are so bad that they make you think you have bought some dollar store IEM.

With little tip rolling, they're value for money IEMs. They're good but they're not killer IEMs that I hoped it to be. Maybe, I had high expectations. Heart Mirror is still my budget king and I feel it will take some serious disruption in the price segment to dethrone them.
Hi Barusu Lamperouge I'm just ended the burn in of the NRA too...

Confirm it is not a killer iem.

I've changed the tips with foam and the cable with my standard TRN TC 8 core silver plated (the black and silver, a good cable, trasparent with deep bass, for e. 7.50 is coerent with this price iem. If you know some better cables you are welcome)👍

I may say the timbre is correct, drums play realistic, guitars and piano too but in the clear side, maybe lacks a little of body, a int more of warm.

Now I'm really curious about the Heart Mirror....May you compare it with NRA?

GAS GAS more GAS 😉 :)

(Better to use EAS?)😂

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #28,840 of 31,833
Hi Barusu Lamperouge I'm just ended the burn in of the NRA too...

Confirm it is not a killer iem.

I've changed the tips with foam and the cable with my standard TRN TC 8 core silver plated (the black and silver, a good cable, trasparent with deep bass, for e. 7.50 is coerent with this price iem. If you know some better cables you are welcome)👍

I may say the timbre is correct, drums play realistic, guitars and piano too but in the clear side, maybe lacks a little of body, a int more of warm.

Now I'm really curious about the Heart Mirror....May you compare it with NRA?

GAS GAS more GAS 😉 :)

(Better to use EAS?)😂
GK, a new division of KZ. FR of GS10
Capture+_2021-10-02-08-39-24.png

Capture+_2021-10-02-08-37-19.png

Oct 1, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #28,842 of 31,833
KZ ZEX seems to be better at tonality than NRA and that might be the only change from it.
But apparently its enough for BGGAR who didn't particularly like NRA and GK10 to love it and rec it.
Looking forward to receiving mine then :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #28,843 of 31,833
I've put on the NRA an 8 core pure copper cable and it sims to go better, more body and trebble tamed down, better general coerency, but I will try a longer burn in too.

The piano in Jony Mitchell Blue sound very well and her voice go up with no piercing peaks.

Good the voices of Bowie and Freddy in Under Pressure less the drums too dry.

Correct tonality in Pink Floyd's Money, very well the bass line and the sax.

Sexy Bitch David Guetta: deep and fast sub bass. The same with Benny Benassi's No matter what do you do.

The piano sonatas depend very much by the recording: very well Alexander Scriabin's Poeme in F-sharp by Sony and Scarlatti's Piano Sonata in B-flat by BIS.
Same think for the orchestra's strings section some time the piezo is too esuberant, better the performance with brass section.

Good the choir in Orff's Carmina Burana by Decca, but timpano lacks of body and impact.

The NRA needs to be insert deep in the ears or loose the body.

The trebbles are at my ears limits and a little fatiguing to my taste but not really pearcing and no sibilants in this configuration.

I must correct my opinion and admit that this iem is very revealing and merciless with the recording quality.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #28,845 of 31,833
The trebbles are at my ears limits and a little fatiguing to my taste but not really pearcing and no sibilants in this configuration.

I must correct my opinion and admit that this iem is very revealing and merciless with the recording quality.

Nice review 👍

That 8kHz peak is pretty tall! I think that the lower mids could stand to be just a touch thicker as an improvement.

Skunk Baxter's guitar solo on Steely Dan's Boston Rag is a good example I think of why I like these so much. The interlude is around 3:20 before the solo.

Crisp hi hats and solid clean bass when the solo fills in. What's amazing is hearing how distorted the guitar is on overdrive and how clean the rest of the track is. That revealing quality is a big part of why I love these so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back