CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #27,601 of 31,838
with hybrids im but afraid as my c12 have some metalic and harsh treble I don't love, so do TA1 have it too?

PS Is the cable and tips of TA1 good or they need replacements?
TA1 got very bright sigunature of which I’ve heard from many reviews, I don’t have TA1 though. At least TA1 uses knowles driver of which I have similar one from FiiO’s sub brand Jade Audio EA3, or linsoul’s infamous thieaudio’s legacy 3, they both sound OK with no harsh treble. EA3 and Legacy3 IMO does not worth its price tag so I’d never recommending to anyone though.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #27,603 of 31,838
What a coincidence! I was waiting (impatiently) for Aria to be available at sellers in my country.

And upon further "research" I decided to just go ahead with the already-available HE01 😅.

Got my hands on them just yesterday, and brief listening shows them to be very promising. Punchy bass, detailed treble. Will have to listen more carefully today.

My experience: BL03 (mesh removed), Lark, SSR, Starsea, FA1, (not to mention the few cheap KZ that I think not worth to mention :p)

Edit: you seem to received the old version with the preformed ear hook though. They removed that from later batches.

IMG_20210415_082155.jpg
How is the HE01 compared to the BL03.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #27,604 of 31,838
Yes probably i need to get some tips first. And maybe im in limbo just of wanting new and new stuff wandering howthey will sound, so i must stop myself somehow....

That's one you and you alone can answer, I'm afraid. If you're spending money you can afford, why not buy more IEMs? Sure it can be almost a false economy when you have 40 sets of $10 ones instead of one set of $300, but it's a fun hobby and you can use different gear for different music or moods. Much cheaper and more compact than collecting full size Hifi...

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #27,605 of 31,838
Second, it simply has no flaw to nitpick. Overall high standard. Especially @profusion seemed treble sensitive, which makes me to think, BA timbre is simply not the cup of tea. For single dynamic with no harsh treble(HZSOUND heart Mirror does have somewhat very bright treble), I’d pick Moondrop Aria as well.
Yes I will spend more time on what I have when my tips arrive for sure! What about the hyped SSP and TA1 are they for treble peaks sensitive person?
PS I will have in mind Aria but probably I will make a pause some months of new purchases and listen what I have to see the overall picture.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #27,606 of 31,838
Yes I will spend more time on what I have when my tips arrive for sure! What about the hyped SSP and TA1 are they for treble peaks sensitive person?
PS I will have in mind Aria but probably I will make a pause some months of new purchases and listen what I have to see the overall picture.

If you are really from BG i have a pair of Starfield to sell because with my ears they have driver flex :laughing:

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #27,607 of 31,838
SSP is V shaped, not Aria. TA1 simply got hyped due to its low price range offer ($27)for Knowles driver equipped with pretty good tuning.
Aria will be more of refined tuning of Moondrop’s best seller KXXS($190), Starfield($110), and their single DD flagship, illumination($800). KXXS uses diamond-like carbon diaphragm, where Starfield uses cheaper Carbon Nano Tube(CNT) dynamic drivers which you can now find many of single DD IEMs are using. Aria uses Liquid Crystal Diaphragm technology which illumination uses, so it’s a budget illumination, note that illumination and Aria is not sharing same drivers though, just the technology.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #27,610 of 31,838
Hello everybody. I want to buy cheap iems for my trn bt 20s adapter. I’ve bought blon bl-03 for it but can’t use because of
1. Qdc connectors vs 2pin 0.78
2. Trn adapters pushes blons out of my ears because of it shape and size (um3x and solar ciem fit well)

So I want
-2 pin 0.78
-big or medium size to fit my big ears)
-doesn’t require amp
-price ~ 30-60$
-sound signature similar to blon bl-03

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #27,611 of 31,838
How is the HE01 compared to the BL03.
Same fun sound, with improved technicality on all ranges.
Tigher bass, with same quantity. Clearer mid & treble, but not leaner :).

Apr 17, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #27,612 of 31,838
Hello everybody. I want to buy cheap iems for my trn bt 20s adapter. I’ve bought blon bl-03 for it but can’t use because of
1. Qdc connectors vs 2pin 0.78
2. Trn adapters pushes blons out of my ears because of it shape and size (um3x and solar ciem fit well)

So I want
-2 pin 0.78
-big or medium size to fit my big ears)
-doesn’t require amp
-price ~ 30-60$
-sound signature similar to blon bl-03

you can technically use the BL03 with regular 2 pin connectors. i tested it with my old BT20 with no problem. it does work more ideally and more stable with those QDC type. i use my BL01 with the BT20S Pro using that

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #27,613 of 31,838
Same fun sound, with improved technicality on all ranges.
Tigher bass, with same quantity. Clearer mid & treble, but not leaner :).
Thanks for making things clearer for me. I’m a headphone guy and been through this hobby for 4 years. I’ve tried so many headphones but never tried any hifi IEM. I’m kinda lost in which IEM suits me as there are so many to choose from.
Now, after some digging I’m thinking to choose one of these: Starfield, HE01 or planar pair Audeze isine10 b-stock for $120.
I prefer neutral sounding with little bit excitement in treble region and detail. Also not looking for V shape sounding.
I’m looking for something unique that gives me different experience since they will be my first IEM to own.

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #27,614 of 31,838
Thanks for making things clearer for me. I’m a headphone guy and been through this hobby for 4 years. I’ve tried so many headphones but never tried any hifi IEM. I’m kinda lost in which IEM suits me as there are so many to choose from.
Now, after some digging I’m thinking to choose one of these: Starfield, HE01 or planar pair Audeze isine10 b-stock for $120.
I prefer neutral sounding with little bit excitement in treble region and detail. Also not looking for V shape sounding.
I’m looking for something unique that gives me different experience since they will be my first IEM to own.
You may consider Moondrop Aria too, technically same level with Starfield, it came out 3 weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back