CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 15, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #27,571 of 31,833
Apr 15, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #27,574 of 31,833
Is there a set for ~30-40$ with the following features:
-great for EDM
-lively and fun engaging sounding
-good bass (but bot basshead, I already have such)
-great mids for vocals
-for a treble sensitive person - these s, sh, and other shouty sibilant stuff are bullets to my brain....
-over-ear, no MMCX

(optional great soundstage)

Still searching for such IEM to say "wow" and stop buying :)
KBear KS1

if you want to stop buying you have to spend north of $170

try KBear Believe and LZ A7. Just got my LZ A7 my journey buying IEM stops here lol... Believe and LZ A7 are all I need.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #27,575 of 31,833
Maybe the iPhone as a source is the issue rather than the iem (I don't own an iphone)?

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #27,576 of 31,833
Maybe the iPhone as a source is the issue rather than the iem (I don't own an iphone)?
No, they just need a good DAC to play high quality music and probably to amp the IEMs a bit more.

any IEMs benefited from power amp

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #27,577 of 31,833
I guess this is the better thread to ask this question instead of the KZ thread.

I'm in the marked for my first proper IEM's. My current "setup": ATH-M50X, Xiaomi HD Pro. I mostly listen through Spotify and my phone.
I have a very broad taste: Rock, EDM, Classical. I like the sound of the M50X, I think my Hd pro's sound a bit muddy. I remember the first time I listened to my M50x's, and was happily surprised. I know they're not the best, but at the time they started my appreciation for good sound.

I first started on the ZS10 Pro, but after reading some more I landed on wanting the KZ ZSX cause that seems to be an improvement on that. And after that started reading more and more. In other words: I dropped in the IEM hole. Really interesting! Can be a bit overwhelming, which is why I decided to go with KZ for now.

For now I'd like a pair that compliments or at least is on the same quality level as my M50X. I'm not sure what my favourite sound is yet. I need an IEM that can handle most of those genres and can work as my "workhorse" that I always take with me. And that might have some room left for me to learn from and appreciate.

Recently I see the DQ6 a lot too. Especially in this thread. And I guess it's because it's newer.

So my question: DQ6 or ZSX? I'm not planning on buying multiple IEMs yet and don't want to spend more than the ZSX. Price difference is around €12 between the two.

Or maybe something totally different? I've seen TD08 come back in a list too. Or still the zs10pro because it's a bit cheaper?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #27,578 of 31,833
Already have them, did not spend many time as I wait for a new cable but I think they have some treble peaks I will not love.....

@cappuchino I'm waiting also tips, so that's why I avoid listening to them aside 10min when unboxing to check if they works...

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #27,579 of 31,833
I guess this is the better thread to ask this question instead of the KZ thread.

I'm in the marked for my first proper IEM's. My current "setup": ATH-M50X, Xiaomi HD Pro. I mostly listen through Spotify and my phone.
I have a very broad taste: Rock, EDM, Classical. I like the sound of the M50X, I think my Hd pro's sound a bit muddy. I remember the first time I listened to my M50x's, and was happily surprised. I know they're not the best, but at the time they started my appreciation for good sound.

I first started on the ZS10 Pro, but after reading some more I landed on wanting the KZ ZSX cause that seems to be an improvement on that. And after that started reading more and more. In other words: I dropped in the IEM hole. Really interesting! Can be a bit overwhelming, which is why I decided to go with KZ for now.

For now I'd like a pair that compliments or at least is on the same quality level as my M50X. I'm not sure what my favourite sound is yet. I need an IEM that can handle most of those genres and can work as my "workhorse" that I always take with me. And that might have some room left for me to learn from and appreciate.

Recently I see the DQ6 a lot too. Especially in this thread. And I guess it's because it's newer.

So my question: DQ6 or ZSX? I'm not planning on buying multiple IEMs yet and don't want to spend more than the ZSX. Price difference is around €12 between the two.

Or maybe something totally different? I've seen TD08 come back in a list too. Or still the zs10pro because it's a bit cheaper?
The DQ6 is pretty good but you'll likely have to replace the tips. The CCA CSN is a similar IEM but they should have a more polite tuning from what I've read. It's cheaper too, but the tips they come with also suck.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #27,580 of 31,833
The DQ6 is pretty good but you'll likely have to replace the tips. The CCA CSN is a similar IEM but they should have a more polite tuning from what I've read. It's cheaper too, but the tips they come with also suck.
Thanks! I have some tips from previous in-ears, and the seller I'll be buying them from includes foam tips. So that won't be a problem as long as I buy from him. Lucklz or something.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #27,581 of 31,833
Already have them, did not spend many time as I wait for a new cable but I think they have some treble peaks I will not love.....

@cappuchino I'm waiting also tips, so that's why I avoid listening to them aside 10min when unboxing to check if they works...
With all my IEM's I only use the stock tips for just a short time to check them. Then I usually use Spiral Dots unless there are fit issues. Over the years I have collected Spiral Dots, Azla Sedna Earfits, and various other tips that can really change the sound of an IEM from torture to pleasure. Of course all people are different so it's good to get a collection of eartips that suit you so that you can get the peak performance for your ears.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #27,582 of 31,833
Is there a set for ~30-40$ with the following features:
-great for EDM
-lively and fun engaging sounding
-good bass (but bot basshead, I already have such)
-great mids for vocals
-for a treble sensitive person - these s, sh, and other shouty sibilant stuff are bullets to my brain....
-over-ear, no MMCX

(optional great soundstage)

Still searching for such IEM to say "wow" and stop buying :)
The answer: CCA CSN :microphone::sunglasses:

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #27,584 of 31,833
Looks like he already has DQ6. You can try Blon 03, I missed whole 2020 of fun because of bad fit. Gave them another chance recently with inverted KZ starlines and I really dig them. They are fine for music you're listening (since I'm also listening mostly trance).
I also have Fiio FH3 but on some tracks, I miss more subbass rumble, I mean I heard it playing it just didn't rumble. Sony XBA-N1 on the other hand is bass monster, it just can't stop rumbling :D Especially with some trance tracks from Bixxa or Metta&Glyde is whole new experience

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #27,585 of 31,833
CCA CSN is quite similar to DQ6; I do not want to be redundant...
The CSN has a lower and rich sub-bass response due to the larger chamber. The midrange is not at all forward and peaky, but it's actually very clear plus smoother. Finally, the treble sounds technically different and controlled because of the excellent tuning CCA did to accomplished this feat. Overall, it's technically better and warmer than the DQ6, while DQ6 is just brighter and peaky towards the upper midrange.

Hope this gives you an idea...

-Clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back