CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 22, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #27,181 of 31,832
Any cheaper budget BA, hybrids I could consider?

KBear KB04 and KBear Lark could work. For something even cheaper, there's the KZ ZSTX.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #27,183 of 31,832
KBear KB04 and KBear Lark could work. For something even cheaper, there's the KZ ZSTX.
ZST X is a nice one. Doesn't seem to get much love on here but it's very pleasant. NICEHCK DB3 Is another cheapie.

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #27,184 of 31,832
Well my brother is no audiophile, which I should have said right out of the gate.

He mainly needs something to not disturb the family with loudspeakers.

Makes me wonder if the KZ ZAX would be considered overkill.

He mainly uses earbuds which all seem to be mid forward. Polite in both bass and treble. But still no good due to presumably still technically DD treble.

That's all the background I can figure out for now I think.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #27,185 of 31,832
Well my brother is no audiophile, which I should have said right out of the gate.

He mainly needs something to not disturb the family with loudspeakers.

Makes me wonder if the KZ ZAX would be considered overkill.

He mainly uses earbuds which all seem to be mid forward. Polite in both bass and treble. But still no good due to presumably still technically DD treble.

That's all the background I can figure out for now I think.
Are you sure he wants IEMs with the isolation that comes with them? If he's with family, he might want something that doesn't send him to another world.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #27,186 of 31,832
Are you sure he wants IEMs with the isolation that comes with them? If he's with family, he might want something that doesn't send him to another world.
Lets just say isolation is irrelevant when hes using them everyone else is sleeping, so is not like hes concened with someone calling him at that point.

If he were to get those, i imagine the ZAX wouldnt isolate much with the many functional vents it has.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #27,187 of 31,832
Lets just say isolation is irrelevant when hes using them everyone else is sleeping, so is not like hes concened with someone calling him at that point.

If he were to get those, i imagine the ZAX wouldnt isolate much with the many functional vents it has.
Ah great! Yeah, for a non-audiophile I wouldn't go for the ZAX. The TFZ T2G is what I'd give a non-audiophile.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #27,188 of 31,832
Ah great! Yeah, for a non-audiophile I wouldn't go for the ZAX. The TFZ T2G is what I'd give a non-audiophile.
He's looking for a BA or hybrid set due to ear problems I believe...

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #27,192 of 31,832
Which budget in-ear would you suggest for listening mainly classical music, or with well defined trebles, if any?
You could try Tin T2+, Smabat NCO or Open Heart Resin. CVJ CSA has good treble and is affordable.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #27,193 of 31,832
The Openheart Resin doesn't appear to be available anymore. There's a couple other Openheart IEMs though, has anyone tried those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back