CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 28, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #27,211 of 31,832
The Openheart Resin does not have the warmth, timbre and magic of the Blon 03. If you mean the HZSOUND Heart Mirror, then the Heart Mirror is in a league above the Openheart Resin.

Agree with hear mirror, I found heart mirror is close to Moondrop Starfield, or maybe CNT DD units are actually from same OEM/ODM, and heart mirror might just be the product from that OEM/ODM so they could lower the R&D cost to have a great single DD around $50 bracket
Thanks. I guess you guys don't have tripowin tc 01. That would be an interesting comparison. Heart mirror is my next target, as I heard they are neutral (a tad warmer) with good technicalities. But kz dq6 and tripowin tc-01 is also on my radar. If someone has all three (also something from my collection or signature eg. Bl03) or combinations of them, would love to hear your thoughts. Especially I would love a comparison technicality wise, as I have read up on their tonality and sound signature.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #27,212 of 31,832
Thanks. I guess you guys don't have tripowin tc 01. That would be an interesting comparison. Heart mirror is my next target, as I heard they are neutral (a tad warmer) with good technicalities. But kz dq6 and tripowin tc-01 is also on my radar. If someone has all three (also something from my collection or signature eg. Bl03) or combinations of them, would love to hear your thoughts. Especially I would love a comparison technicality wise, as I have read up on their tonality and sound signature.
Not what you asked, but...

I had the BL-03 and have the DQ6.

The DQ6 has a much wider sound stage and better mids; male vocals are especially intelligible. The BLON's fit is atrocious. Literally unwearable. The DQ6 will sound like crap with the stock tips, but once you find the right tips it's pretty amazing.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #27,213 of 31,832

The DQ6 has a much wider sound stage and better mids; male vocals are especially intelligible. The BLON's fit is atrocious. Literally unwearable. The DQ6 will sound like crap with the stock tips, but once you find the right tips it's pretty amazing.
I'm the opposite; the Blons fit my relatively small ears better than the DQ6, which hurts to wear for an extended period of time.

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #27,214 of 31,832

No this is exactly what I want! I have blon, so comparing with that helps me get a sense of how good the others are. Btw, from the impressions I got from the kz thread, dq6 has better technicalities than bl03. Any comments on that??

I'm the opposite; the Blons fit my relatively small ears better than the DQ6, which hurts to wear for an extended period of time.
Exactly, I have the same impression! For small ears, blon is actually really comfortable, sleep with them inside comfortable (almost, but you do want to take them out at some point when you wake up a bit). I know because I have done it.

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #27,215 of 31,832
No this is exactly what I want! I have blon, so comparing with that helps me get a sense of how good the others are. Btw, from the impressions I got from the kz thread, dq6 has better technicalities than bl03. Any comments on that??
I feel like the DQ6 would more of a sidegrade while the Heart Mirror would be an upgrade to the BL-03. I don't own the Heart Mirror but from what I've read, it's a very promising option.

The DQ6 is a bit brighter and significantly less mid-bassy than the Blons so I guess it sounds a bit more detailed? My ears aren't discerning enough to tell.

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #27,220 of 31,832
unfortunately, I don't have tripowin tc 01, but for KZ DQ6 and Heart Mirror, heart mirror got better technicality:

soundstage :
DQ6 got a strange arrays of sonud that I'm hesitating to refer that as a sound stage, but yes it has an echo chamber of sounds, meanwhile, Heart Mirror just got above-average ones, pretty similar to Moondrop starfield.

imaging:
Heart Mirror got more coherent imaging

positioning:
Heat Mirror got better positioning, benefiting from a single DD. DQ6 has some tricky positioning some instruments may appear in front of you and some may be far. If you like it you will like it, but in terms of accuracy, it's far off.

resolution:
Again Heart Mirror: it's a solid contender for the value-to-money.

But after all...The one on my constant list is DQ6, as Heart Mirror is a good and outperforming contender, it lacks uniqueness to me. "wow, this thing sounds good!"
DQ6 is "hmm?? it's not terrible, it's quite good for some aspects, but hmmm?? Unique"

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #27,221 of 31,832
Looks like the Openheart Resins are back in stock 🤔
Wow, the purple one looks exquisite.! (Out-of-stock :tired_face: )...Order placed for the blue one.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #27,222 of 31,832

Exactly, I have the same impression! For small ears, blon is actually really comfortable, sleep with them inside comfortable (almost, but you do want to take them out at some point when you wake up a bit). I know because I have done it.
I let go of the Blon a while back so I can't comment on its technical abilities, but the DQ6 is good from that perspective.

The more I use them the more impressed I am. They're my go-to Zoom call headset but they deserve better.

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #27,224 of 31,832
Should I guess that what my big brother needs is headgear that can go loud while moving as little air in the process as possible?

Edit: Is this why BAs are popular for hearing aids. Although I think bone conductors are even more so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back