CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 3, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #24,976 of 31,833
um, arent their plugs reversible ? i am sure you know this because its there in your sig... so I'm not able to figure out what went wrong.

On another note, i finally got myself a Earstudio ES100 - Finally i am able to understand what the hype about BA and DD microdrivers are about. Instead of sounding harsh and sibilant, i am finally getting to hear an airy and smooth top end!

Yes, 2-pin plugs are reversible.

But on the BQEYZ IEMs I like to use 90-degree 2-pin ends for better fit around the ear (like TRN style 2-pin ends).

It just means that I can’t use the K2 with the TRN BT20 and some of my cables. I’ll have to use a straight 2-pin cable.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #24,977 of 31,833
Ordered the BQEYZ KB100 on the 23rd May from Penon and still not arrived in the UK, still in the air. I know Covid has played havoc with some mail from China (well to and from everywhere), but I've had 4 other items from Chinese vendors on eBay and one from Alie arrive in the normal 3-4 week period. Soooo want to listen to them as well, not sure why I took so long to buy them.

EDIT: I should add Penon as always have good communication. They said it took FOUR weeks before the item had found a plane to cargo deliveries out of China, which having translated the tracking is actually the case.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #24,978 of 31,833
CA16 is most definitely NOT lacking low end.

Could easily be a quality control issue? I have 2 x CCA C10 and if you heard them in a blind test you'd think it was too vastly different sounding IEMs. I originally thought it was burn-in as the second one I bought was very bass light in comparison (in fact it was the first time I'd believed that I could test burn-in), but over time there's no change, gave them days worth of overnight play. The lack of low end takes away the warmth and body of the C10 and I'm certain from experience that there is something wrong with it.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #24,979 of 31,833
Ordered the BQEYZ KB100 on the 23rd May and still not arrived in the UK, still in the air. I know Covid has played havoc with some mail from China (well to and from everywhere), but I've had 4 other items from Chinese vendors on eBay and one from Alie arrive in the normal 3-4 week period. Soooo want to listen to them as well, not sure why I took so long to buy them.

The wait will be worth it. KB100 is one of the best $50 IEMs available.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #24,980 of 31,833
Two different IEMs just arrived today, and both are wiring QC problems!? That really stinks.

Yeah, that is very odd - 2 QC problems out of 2 in 1 day.

I’m wondering if during the COVID shutdown, these factories lost a lot of skilled labor. They moved to other areas of China for work, moved back to their home towns, changed jobs (such as back to farming), etc.

Then the ChiFi factories opened back up, and they had to recruit and train all new people. Newbies that have never soldered in their lives, or workers who don’t understand how to check for correct phase or channel issues.

It just seems like lately there’s an awful lot of QC issues in ChiFi. I mean, look at Urbanfun.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #24,981 of 31,833
Not 2-pin, but I have mmcx to QDC adapters. They work great.

They were like $10. I don’t consider that expensive, but I guess some people may. It’s about the cost of a typical budget cable, so for me it made sense to have a pair.

They look like this:

F8D2E1DC-C468-45F9-8FF8-E4FDCB987A30.jpeg

Do they have any noticeable effect on the sound? Where did you purchase them? They look great.

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #24,982 of 31,833
Jul 3, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #24,984 of 31,833

this two silver and grey beauties are now my EDC combo go-to. The T2 Plus is my favorite Tinhifi to date. also pairs well with the TRN BT20S with negligible noise floor.

people usually ask me to compare this to the Blon BL03. to put it simply: it's like the BL03 sound, but run it through a full band mild compressor, so it doesn't sound as intense and exciting as the BL03, but at the same time also rounding off those peaks in low mids and mid highs, making the overall sound smoother and nice, also much less fatiguing.

it's closer to the Moondrop house tuning than the other Tins now.. and for me personally, it's a good thing

Got mine today. Time for some burn in.

Nozzle is T400 size (approx. 5.0mm bore and 5.5mm lip).

Easy comfortable fit. I swapped some TS400 size foams on. I also pushed them down over the secondary lip as I have shallower ears, so don't need as much reach as others may. :)

Initial impression: neutral/bright'ish with a mild amount of bass that is somewhat mid-bass focused, due to roll off. Not quite so bright or harsh that it will be fatiguing for me at low to medium volumes.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #24,987 of 31,833
So far so good with the SSR. They can get shouty as per reviewed so far and so do need EQ in the upper mids. Also threw on some spinfits to get a deeper fit and they seem to help with the mids a bit as well. Bass however is quite nice and punchy and treble is smooth and not excessive IMO. With the mentioned they're a very nice sounding and quite neutral. Very good value IMO. They're also tiny and very comfortable. Cable isn't very good though, but usable.

Jul 4, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #24,988 of 31,833
No love for the HIDIZS MS1 RAINBOW?

At half the price of the Mermaid MS1 that suppose to use exact same driver, I think it might be a great value.

I only have the Mermaid and love the sound. Sub-bassy with fowards mids and bright treble. The highlight is the soundstage size which is huge (the iem housing too is huge). Construction is on par with FIIO FH5-FH7 (perhaps fromsame OEM manufacture), its just to well crafted for its price and look way pricier.

I'm so happy that chifi go back into high quality dynamic driver! From what I read on NBBA, MS1 is well-loved. Will see after honey period if i'm still as enthusiast about its sound.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #24,989 of 31,833
No love for the HIDIZS MS1 RAINBOW?

At half the price of the Mermaid MS1 that suppose to use exact same driver, I think it might be a great value.

I only have the Mermaid and love the sound. Sub-bassy with fowards mids and bright treble. The highlight is the soundstage size which is huge (the iem housing too is huge). Construction is on par with FIIO FH5-FH7 (perhaps fromsame OEM manufacture), its just to well crafted for its price and look way pricier.

I'm so happy that chifi go back into high quality dynamic driver! From what I read on NBBA, MS1 is well-loved. Will see after honey period if i'm still as enthusiast about its sound.
I like the MS1 Rainbow. It's a good IEM for regular folks but there sure is a lot of competition in that price range. Here's my review if anyone's curious.

DSC_6311_result.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back