CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 2, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #24,961 of 31,833
Finally finished my review of the KBEAR TRI i3... took me the longest. I wasn't disappointed, though I wish it had the sparkle and better punch + weight for mid-bass. Even though it's $70 above the budget of this thread, I think it's fair to let everyone know how I feel about them, because I did say that I was amazed by them based on my first (20 minute) impressions. This being said, I appreciate that I took my time with the it, and that I didn't rush in finishing the review but rather took my time to pick out all the details and impressions from the.

Soundstage and imaging are the weapon of the TRI i3, I think few will be able to compete with it. Treble is clean, sub-bass is more prominent than mid-bass, and mids are leaning towards the warmer sound signature. I think the TRI i3 is an IEM more people should pay attention to, I find it far superior to some other IEM's I tried. It all depends on what you are looking for.

For anyone interested in a slightly longer and more detailed review, you can read it here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-i3.24171/reviews#item-review-23896

P.S. feedback is always welcome, critics too!

11267885.jpg
If it had more bass of any kind, particularly mid-bass, I'd like it less.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #24,962 of 31,833
Not 2-pin, but I have mmcx to QDC adapters. They work great.

They were like $10. I don’t consider that expensive, but I guess some people may. It’s about the cost of a typical budget cable, so for me it made sense to have a pair.

They look like this:

F8D2E1DC-C468-45F9-8FF8-E4FDCB987A30.jpeg
10 bucks is OK. Not great but not bad

The ones I found were 25 bucks for something so tiny. That's almost as expensive as pure gold per gram.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #24,963 of 31,833
Quite a smart innovative idea. Does it in any way affect sound quality or resistance?

Not that I’ve noticed. The resistance is so low, it doesn’t even register on my multimeter!

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #24,964 of 31,833
10 bucks is OK. Not great but not bad

The ones I found were 25 bucks for something so tiny. That's almost as expensive as pure gold per gram.

Are you hoping to get some for like $0.25? I mean, $10 seems pretty cheap.

Why not get the individual parts and make them yourself? That’s going to be the absolute cheapest way by far.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #24,965 of 31,833
Are you hoping to get some for like $0.25? I mean, $10 seems pretty cheap.

Why not get the individual parts and make them yourself? That’s going to be the absolute cheapest way by far.
I was expecting 5-10 bucks for a pair. And no, i cant feasibly make one that small. The ones i could make would be awkwardly long if i didn't want to use cables.

Quite a smart innovative idea. Does it in any way affect sound quality or resistance?
As far as i've tried, metal to metal connections points dont seem to colour the sound at all. Thats why i go for plug type adapters instead of wire type adapters.

Jul 3, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #24,966 of 31,833
20200703_130511-01.jpeg

this two silver and grey beauties are now my EDC combo go-to. The T2 Plus is my favorite Tinhifi to date. also pairs well with the TRN BT20S with negligible noise floor.

people usually ask me to compare this to the Blon BL03. to put it simply: it's like the BL03 sound, but run it through a full band mild compressor, so it doesn't sound as intense and exciting as the BL03, but at the same time also rounding off those peaks in low mids and mid highs, making the overall sound smoother and nice, also much less fatiguing.

it's closer to the Moondrop house tuning than the other Tins now.. and for me personally, it's a good thing

Jul 3, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #24,967 of 31,833

this two silver and grey beauties are now my EDC combo go-to. The T2 Plus is my favorite Tinhifi to date. also pairs well with the TRN BT20S with negligible noise floor.

people usually ask me to compare this to the Blon BL03. to put it simply: it's like the BL03 sound, but run it through a full band mild compressor, so it doesn't sound as intense and exciting as the BL03, but at the same time also rounding off those peaks in low mids and mid highs, making the overall sound smoother and nice, also much less fatiguing.

it's closer to the Moondrop house tuning than the other Tins now.. and for me personally, it's a good thing

Cool. Sounds like what I was hoping for.

I'm hoping to see mine this week and I'll also be pairing it with a BT20S. :)

Are the o-rings to prevent spinning?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #24,968 of 31,833
Cool. Sounds like what I was hoping for.

I'm hoping to see mine this week and I'll also be pairing it with a BT20S. :)

Are the o-rings to prevent spinning?

yup, this T2 plus has a solid connection already with the BT20S, but it's just a habit i have.
i always put O rings on every mmcx connectors when possible, just as an added precaution

Jul 3, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #24,970 of 31,833
Jul 3, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #24,973 of 31,833
I got mine today. Wired out of phase :frowning2:
um, arent their plugs reversible ? i am sure you know this because its there in your sig... so I'm not able to figure out what went wrong.

On another note, i finally got myself a Earstudio ES100 - Finally i am able to understand what the hype about BA and DD microdrivers are about. Instead of sounding harsh and sibilant, i am finally getting to hear an airy and smooth top end!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #24,974 of 31,833
I have an out-of-phase 8-core cable for such cases.
A positive out of two minuses :)
Thank you for the tip, I will watch for it, thought they will come to Canada by the end of July :unamused:

Oh wow, great idea! Double QC errors = perfect QC! As they say, “2 wrongs make a right” haha

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #24,975 of 31,833
I got mine today. Wired out of phase :frowning2:
Two different IEMs just arrived today, and both are wiring QC problems!? That really stinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back