CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 29, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #24,931 of 31,833
its impotant to know what frequencies range seem to create pain. perhaps the solution is dark sounding IEM with rolled off treble, or something wihtout any peak or hashness like Moondrop Starfield or BQEYZ KB100...BA can be more agressive than dd sometime...
This is a “key” question. Is it certain frequencies causing pain? Or is it pressure from dynamic drivers causing pain, SPL in proximity to his ear drum?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #24,932 of 31,833
Just arrived:
IMG_20200629_132027.jpg

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #24,934 of 31,833
Nice one. I hope you like them as I like mine and I like the tuning is a bit different on them.
I had a quick listen on my Huawei phone and I like the sound balance. Bass is very nice and the mids and treble seem nicely balanced, not too bright. I have now started to burn them in, so more to come soon.

Jun 29, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #24,935 of 31,833
Speaking of sub $100 iem's after going back and forth several times the last couple days and even with the BGVP filters I prefer the Terminators to the M6's :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Gray-OFF.JPG

However the NICE case does edge out KZ:smirk:

A Gray Area.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #24,936 of 31,833
So, TinHiFi re-tuned their T2 Plus and I had to re-review them :)

I usually avoid such statements but after a pair of local raft beers I've decided to mention that this model is much more worth the hype train ride than many others (IMHO of course, as it's still a matter of taste)
And it's the case when last-minute change was for good

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #24,938 of 31,833

I usually avoid such statements but after a pair of local raft beers I've decided to mention that this model is much more worth the hype train ride than many others (IMHO of course, as it's still a matter of taste)

THX Cleg, glad I jumped on that Drop train :grin:

Jun 29, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #24,940 of 31,833

How does it compare to the original T2? Not the fit, but the sound.

Thanks

Jun 29, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #24,941 of 31,833
its impotant to know what frequencies range seem to create pain. perhaps the solution is dark sounding IEM with rolled off treble, or something wihtout any peak or hashness like Moondrop Starfield or BQEYZ KB100...BA can be more agressive than dd sometime...
There was a website that allowed the user to generate a tone of any frequency from 20-20k Hz, the name escapes me at this moment however. Wonder if that may at least narrow down the frequency range that discomforts his left eardrum.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #24,942 of 31,833
There was a website that allowed the user to generate a tone of any frequency from 20-20k Hz, the name escapes me at this moment however. Wonder if that may at least narrow down the frequency range that discomforts his left eardrum.

Do you mean audiocheck.net?

Jun 29, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #24,943 of 31,833
Do you mean audiocheck.net?
Not exactly that, but useful regardless. The one I mentioned lets you adjust the frequency with a slider while the frequency played is shown on screen.

And while he doesn't seem to think that of me, I feel... kinda terrible for remaining oblivious to his hearing problem. I thought all this time that he simply didn't like wearing anything on his head or ears.

On the other hand as soon as he mentioned his problem to me I remember what I can only remember as a reddit post that I probably should have screenshot. Mentioning that I think he got one of his eardrums pierced somehow and then could hear fine but any IEM or headphone he tried caused discomfort.Then eventually found that if the treble was played by a balanced armature, his discomfort would be completely gone, mentioning that the discomfort was 5kHz and over being played by a dynamic driver.

That being said, I never saw an anecdote like that ever since effectively making saying a balanced armature tweeter would be the fix for sure would probably fall under anecdotal fallacy, and this issue doesn't seem all that well documented either. But that anecdote and a sweep test from audiocheck.net may be good starting points?

I also should have mentioned since yesterday he has never spent over $40 for any kind of headgear, so I probably wanna keep the budget limit at that if possible. So of course the first thing that I thought of was... the CVJ CSA.

I'd assume bone conduction is still a safer bet? Although the cheapest Aftershokz found sells for $70.

Edit: Forgot IEMusic already talked about something like the reddit comment. And... Are quotes disabled for edits?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #24,945 of 31,833
CA16 sounding great! Mids are just right with really good timbre, those 50024 BAs are a success. The new 7mm DD is no slouch either with good depth, resolution and speed. The three 30095s are also nicely tuned with no harshness or sibilance. These are very good indeed. Well done CCA, it was worth the wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back